15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I enjoy her Down-With-Slavery storyline. Especially once it gets complicated doing the right thing. It shows that you can't just free people in these poor countries with a dictator that suppresses them and expect everything to get solved by itself afterwards.
    I agree. She reminds me of what I think Alexander the Great did.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually reminds me more of what America is doing right now since Alexander the Great didn't really "free" the regions he conquered.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Actually reminds me more of what America is doing right now since Alexander the Great didn't really "free" the regions he conquered.
    He may not have freed them but he did treat the with a degree of decency. Though the main reason he was so great is not because he can conquer cities and lands, but his ability to able to maintain them.

We will see if Daenerys can do that.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great Episode tonight and i can't wait to see next weekends episode. Show just keeps getting better and better. Guess i'll finish book 2 up this week so i can catch up with the show.

Question....Where are we at in book 3 right now as in Season 3 Episode 3 of the show? How far through?

Season 4 is loosely based on the events of the second half of the third book, but it also borrows from other parts of the series.

Jaime raping Cersei? Just wtf. Not only does it go against books but it was also entirely out of character at this point of the storyline.

Made me and my friend go "????????????????" and not in good way

Where was the bittersweet and emotional sort of "last time ever" love when Cersei was overcome by the loss of her child and Jaime still overwhelming feelings for his sister and pity for her.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2014-04-21 at 03:22 AM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Jaime raping Cersei? Just wtf. Not only does it go against books but it was also entirely out of character at this point of the storyline.

Where was the bittersweet and emotional sort of "last time ever" love when Cersei was overcome by the loss of her child and Jaime still overwhelming feelings for his sister and pity for her.
    This. So much this.

It was annoying when they had Drogo rape Dany (when it was anything but in the book). But now this?

I mean, the scene is shocking and disturbing enough as written. Why mess with it?

My only guess would be that they want to somehow top the shock value of Red Wedding somehow and wrote this thing for followup..

So damn pointless and stupid road to take

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

15+ Year Old Account
    This episode was not really that interesting, I felt that nothing much happened, seems like they are setting it up for next episode.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah it was really awkward too, like that's their kid, so he's just gonna rape his sister right there next to their deceased kid? Like wtf? This episode was a tad bit bland tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    Yeah it was really awkward too, like that's their kid, so he's just gonna rape his sister right there next to their deceased kid? Like wtf? This episode was a tad bit bland tbh.
    Jaime never really cared for any of his kids with Cersei. He considers them pretty much Robert's kids. The issue was that the scene was supposed to be about how Cersei needed him on that moment to support her through this and how much Jamie still loved her and pitied her, despite circumstances.

I thought tonight's episode was awesome. People may say it's bland, but I don't know why they would say that. There was a lot that happened and it set the table up for some crazy stuff ahead. Hell, the season premiere had about 90% less stuff happen. It was all talking.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    This episode was not really that interesting, I felt that nothing much happened, seems like they are setting it up for next episode.
    Were we watching the same episode? A ton of stuff happened.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2014-04-21 at 06:01 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jaime never really cared for any of his kids with Cersei. He considers them pretty much Robert's kids. The issue was that the scene was supposed to be about how Cersei needed him on that moment to support her through this and how much Jamie still loved her and pitied her, despite circumstances.
    Granted he really can never care for them too much, or people will get suspicious. It will be funny if Cersei get pregnant from this and how she would explain it...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    So how are you show-only people keeping up with all the characters at this point? Getting confused yet?
    The only time I was completely clueless was when the young guy (Snow) kidnapped Theo. I had no idea who he was for a few episodes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    The only time I was completely clueless was when the young guy (Snow) kidnapped Theo. I had no idea who he was for a few episodes.
    I really did not care about that. Who is he? Who cares? >.>

I liked the scene in front of Meereen.

So my question is does Tywin actually believe Tyrion is the culprit or does he just need a face to blame and Tyrion is the easy target. The way I see it is Tywin is a very smart man, and Tywin knows that Tyrion is also a very smart man. And a smart man wouldnt make an assassination attempt with him standing center stage after it happens, I feel Tywin knows this so its why I cant buy he actually is on board with Cersei's believes.

He probably sees it as convenient means to an end to clear away what he considers murderer of his wife and shame to entire Lannister family lineage.

that rape scene.. i mean jeeze.. talk about not caring for your kid. Well its obvious he didnt care about joffrey and who can blame him, Joff was a major cunt anyway so no loss there, but raping the queen when his dead body is inches away like Wtff.. thats all sorts of wrong. even if you dont like Cersi (which i dont) seeing her raped is still really messed up. Onto Tywin, I think he just is looking for someone to blame, he hates his son Tyrion and he dislikes his other son Jaime now too, but hes always had it in for Tyrion, ever since the imps birth killed his wife. Honestly i think Varas or Baelish would be the perfect person to poison the wine, no one would suspect it especially since Baelish wasnt even at the wedding.

Very sad at seeing Pod say goodbye to Tyrion, he was an excellent squire. and does the wall have such a low number of people there? I'd think criminals would be sent there every week or so maybe 10 men or more at a time, but they only have 100 in total? terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    I'd think criminals would be sent there every week or so maybe 10 men or more at a time, but they only have 100 in total? terrible.
    They lost majority of people from Castle Black when they marched North in Season 2 and it takes quite the while for reinforcements to arrive from the 2 remaining manned castles