Quote Originally Posted by The Pro View Post
    Wtf ned stark died?!?!? ??????? ????????? ????????

?????what just happened?!?

THIS IS MADNESS
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

10+ Year Old Account

THIS IS MADNESS
    Uhh...dude, if you thought was crazy, well...
    Just don't get used to ANY of the characters...

Wasn't he basically the main character..?
    Seriously.. they better kill Jamie now..
    Last edited by The Pro; 2011-06-13 at 02:33 AM.

Deleted
    Wonder if ratings will drop for next season without sean

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by powersoul View Post
    Wonder if ratings will drop for next season without sean
    It's widely rumored that another star will be added to the series.

Also, after this season, people will be too hooked not to see what happens next, especially to Ned's family.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

One thing that always got me about me ned too was how honorable he was so he wouldnt take renly's offer and all that. But then he goes against his honor to save his daughters and gets his head chopped off when he coulda just went against his honor in the first place and saved them with renly. Poor ned you will be missed.

10+ Year Old Account

THIS IS MADNESS
    Ned's dead, baby. Ned's dead.

And this was only the shot across the bow. No. One. Is. Safe. There is no plot armor in this series.

---------- Post added 2011-06-13 at 03:31 AM ----------

1- There isn't really a "main" character. He just happened to be the big named actor.

2- If we get a third season, you'll be cheering for Jaime. hehehe... I'm not kidding. (GRRM has a way of making even scoundrels likeable. Not that I'm saying Jaime is one way or the other)
    Last edited by Disenchanted; 2011-06-13 at 03:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, the series does not really have a main character. And, if you think about it, Ned would have died, sooner or later anyway. He was simply not devious enough to survive.

<MAYBE-A-SPOILER>
    Get ready to be dissapointed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heh, there is no main character, this is how the book is, it's just how a real television show should be, there is no main good guy or main bad guy, shit just happens. And we just sit back and enjoy it =]
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2011-06-13 at 04:04 AM.

I figured the main character was Dany. Would not be surprised if she gives birth to a dragon and goes to war against the 7 kingdoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    After re-watch, a few thoughts.

I'm disappointed we didn't get to see any battles. Only the aftermath. But then, the same was mostly true with Rome as well. I guess they have to make do with what budget they have (next year, there's one battle they'd better not skimp on though).

I'm also disappointed that they copped out and had Tyrion unconscious for his battle. He fought bravely in the book.

I'm sorry, that is not Shae (my first real trifle with the casting). I guess I'll have to swallow it though as she'll be around for some time.

Now the positives:

LOVED seeing the Twins. Even better than I imagined. Walder Frey was spot on as well.

They finally got clever and used camera and scale tricks to give the illusion of scope. Both with Robb's army after crossing the Trident, and with the Khallisar before Dany ordered them to make camp. Speaking of camps, the Lannister camp looked sufficiently huge, but it still irks me it's not fortified, ditched and spiked, but hey... we can't have everything I guess.

We finally got around to hearing of Tysha, Tyrion's wife for a fortnight when he was young. I loved the way Peter Dinklage told the story. If you're new to this series, remember it well.

Bronn still cool as ever.

I'm glad we got Maester Aemon's talk with Jon, and his revealing who he really is.

The sounds coming from the tent while the blood mage was doing her magic... satisfyingly CREEPY.

The whole scene at the Sept of Baelor: just perfect. I got goosebumps. I HATE Joffrey from the books, and here as well. But I have to say that Jack Gleeson is doing a very good job making us hate him.

I'm so sad this season is almost over. But they've done a fantastic job thus far. And I have True Blood to follow it, plus ADWD comes out in a month. <giddy>

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been this pissed off or upset about a TV series since Shane killed Lem on the Shield and the ending of Six Feet Under. I hate that Stark got killed and I hope for only the worst for that little bastard Joffrey.

Can't wait for next Sunday and waiting for next season is going to be a very agonizing wait. I went on Amazon after tonight and ordered the series of books. Can't wait to start reading them!

Kind of interesting to read the comments on the HBO website. Quite a few people are saying they won't watch the show now, hehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Larry is not liking this episode. Don't worry, Larry. We all had this reaction at a few points in the series:

(warning: foul language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owf6D2vfZqM

And his (composed) review for episode 9 (still some foul language)

http://www.youtube.com/user/OtakuASSEMBLE

Last edited by Disenchanted; 2011-06-13 at 05:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Kind of interesting to read the comments on the HBO website. Quite a few people are saying they won't watch the show now, hehe.
    They said the same thing about Ned killing Lady. They'll be back. =)

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

I will say I think the ending scene there with Ned is even better than it was in the books. The visual medium suites that scene well.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I think that is just a lot of people's first gut reaction immediately after watching the episode. Give them time to calm down, think about, maybe watch the episode again.....reading all the comments/responses is really interesting. I know the first time I read it in the book I had to stop, wait a few minutes, and re-read it, just to make sure I had it right. But after something like that - how could people not be even more hooked? I knew right then I was with the (book) series all the way, and that scene was just as well done in the show.

Was a little disappointed we didn't get to see any of the actual battles, and the stuff with Dany/Drogo felt a bit rushed, but I suppose TV budget and all, can't complain too much. This is still a fantastic adaptation that I'm thoroughly enjoying: the wait each week is long enough, waiting for season two to start gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I don't know if any of you guys watch Larry William's weekly review of the show, but he is fresh to the series (never read the books), and he is incredibly enthusiastic about the show and his reviews. http://www.youtube.com/user/OtakuASS.../1/owf6D2vfZqM is a short reaction of his right after the episode finished, and he has a *much shorter than usual* review of the whole episode up, but I'm hoping he does a new one tomorrow after he's calmed down a little. His immediate reaction is priceless, but is obviously very upset about Ned is his review.

edit: whoops, too slow
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

Deleted
    Hey fellas,

I am one of those ppl that didn't read the books yet .

Well, from the reviews I have seen. And, what people were actually saying. Do you think I skip the books and watch the TV Show? Or, it doesn't explain the story from the beginning or what?

Coz, if most of sites rated this show a 9.5/10 then it is AWESOME.

How many books are they btw?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought this was appropriate for a new title for the unspoiled (not for sensitive eyes):

http://i51.tinypic.com/2rqg8w6.jpg

---------- Post added 2011-06-13 at 05:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stygianis View Post
    Hey fellas,

Well, from the reviews I have seen. And, what people were actually saying. Do you think I skip the books and watch the TV Show? Or, it doesn't explain the story from the beginning or what?

4 with a 5th coming next month. Yes. Get them, read them. The TV series is awesome, but the books are even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    It's widely rumored that another star will be added to the series.

Also, after this season, people will be too hooked not to see what happens next, especially to Ned's family.
    You need to realize that they follow the series. If a character dies in the books, they die in the show. The second season may not even be called Game of Thrones, but the name of the second book instead, since it would be based off the second book. Really Ned wasn't the main character, there is no main character in the books. The story just keeps going on. Movie and TV directors need to realize it is ok to kill off their characters sometimes.

The books are amazing, and the show is amazing, so why would people stop watching the second season as long as it stays true to the book and is as good or even better then the first?

---------- Post added 2011-06-13 at 05:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stygianis View Post
    Hey fellas,

Four so far, fifth coming out soon. The book is always better then the movie (or show for this matter), so I completely recommend reading the books. I was already up to episode 7 when I started reading the books and I am finding it not boring at all, even though I know everything that happens. You see a lot of scenes in the books that weren't in the show, or words that they didn't add into the show.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2011-06-13 at 05:53 AM.