A question for viewers who haven't read the books: Does this episode make you want to continue watching more or less?
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    A question for viewers who haven't read the books: Does this episode make you want to continue watching more or less?
    It makes me want to watch even more and more, and gave me even more reason to read the books. Letting your characters die makes the story MUCH more realistic. I knew Ned was going to die for a few episodes now. Never read the books and it didn't surprise me in the slightest. Some people may hate cliffhangers, but I love them.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've heard from people watching twitter, nearly everyone is saying its the best show bla bla. Only a small minority are saying they won't watch anymore after tonight's episode. (And they are liars =p)

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Larry is not liking this episode. Don't worry, Larry. We all had this reaction at a few points in the series:

(warning: foul language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owf6D2vfZqM

And his (composed) review for episode 9 (still some foul language)

http://www.youtube.com/user/OtakuASSEMBLE

THEY KILLED MY NIGGA NED!

No, dont fuck the white man, FUCK THE BLONDE MAN!

the 2 greatest sentences ever lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    From what I've heard from people watching twitter, nearly everyone is saying its the best show bla bla. Only a small minority are saying they won't watch anymore after tonight's episode. (And they are liars =p)
    It's the same people who probably rage over how this game gets worse and worse, yet still play. People who love listening to their voice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just died a little inside after watching the end of tonights episode

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor Jon. Ned promised him the next time he saw him, he'd tell him about his mother. =(

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    It's weird--if any other show pulled a twist like that, I probably wouldn't like it. But Game of Thrones is interesting enough for me to want to know where they're going with it.

The greatest part of the event that took place at the end of episode 9 is that it real seals the deal that there is no way you can predict what will happen in this series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serapplebum View Post
    The greatest part of the event that took place at the end of episode 9 is that it real seals the deal that there is no way you can predict what will happen in this series.
    Which is what makes it so good. There are going to be gigantic cliffhangers in this series. Season 2 won't be out until next year, and we only have one episode left. All that CAN happen in the next episode is the war in the south. There is still the enemies across the sea and the white-walkers, and still a lot more political intrigue in the south. Biiiig cliffhangers that we will have to wait till next year to see happen. (Or read the books :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I think it is far less crammed then anything else. If it was a movie then it would have been crammed. I am just amazed at how a lot of the scenes are literally word for word, action for action from the book, like they used the book as the script. Ten hours is really good for a book, much better then 90 minutes.
    Fair enough, but I probably should have specified the mostly Dany/Drogo part again. I've read quite a few complaints on various sites on how quickly they had to make Dany's transformation happen. Which I can agree with, to an extent. Tonight was the worst of the episodes as far as their part of the storyline goes, in my eyes.

Regardless, still loving the series and anxiously waiting for next week. The preview where Cat says, "We will kill them all." gave me chills in a really good way.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Tyrion Lannister and Bronn...best character combo ever.
    Where did you park the invisible car?

Which is what makes it so good. There are going to be gigantic cliffhangers in this series. Season 2 won't be out until next year, and we only have one episode left. All that CAN happen in the next episode is the war in the south. There is still the enemies across the sea and the white-walkers, and still a lot more political intrigue in the south. Biiiig cliffhangers that we will have to wait till next year to see happen. (Or read the books :P)

I was actually expecting Ned's scene tonight to happen in the finale. I expect episode 10 now to be a lot of reaction scenes involving the Stark family, Jon's midnight adventure, perhaps some war, a good deal of the aftermath to Dany's episode 9 event, and capping off the season with the introduction of Dany's companions.
    Last edited by Serapplebum; 2011-06-13 at 07:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    Fair enough, but I probably should have specified the mostly Dany/Drogo part again. I've read quite a few complaints on various sites on how quickly they had to make Dany's transformation happen. Which I can agree with, to an extent. Tonight was the worst of the episodes as far as their part of the storyline goes, in my eyes.

Regardless, still loving the series and anxiously waiting for next week. The preview where Cat says, "We will kill them all." gave me chills in a really good way.
    Reading the books it just seems to me that Dany and Drogo are featured much more in the show then they are in the books, but that might just be me.

Jorah's fight was pretty badass though. Agree that the rest of their stuff felt a bit rushed, and I wish they had shown Dany getting a least a little bit pregnant before tonight too.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfist View Post
    Tyrion Lannister and Bronn...best character combo ever.
    Absolutely. They were always my favorite pair in the books (The Hound + * coming in second). I'm just waiting for a 'F*ck You, Dwarf' line from Bronn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serapplebum View Post
    I was actually expecting Ned's scene tonight to happen in the finale. I expect episode 10 not to be a lot of reaction scenes involving the Stark family, Jon's midnight adventure, perhaps some war, a good deal of the aftermath to Dany's episode 9 event, and capping off the season with the introduction of Dany's companions.
    They probably knew that this episode would make people feel let down and angry, but they had to do it because it was in the books, so they would give people a week to cool off, watch the next episode, and love the series again, instead of putting it in the 10th and making people angry until the next season, which I think would have not been very smart. I don't know, might just be completely opposite to what I am saying.

Reading the books it just seems to me that Dany and Drogo are featured much more in the show then they are in the books, but that might just be me.
    I'd say it's an attempt to sell Dany to the audience quicker than she was in the book. I don't know if others felt the same, but I really didn't care much for the Dany content in the first book much at all, it took much longer for me to care what she was up to than some other characters.

One thing I didn't mind at all were extra scenes with Viserys. Harry Lloyd was spectacular in the role.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    The preview where Cat says, "We will kill them all." gave me chills in a really good way.
    Out of all the amazingly well done characters (Dany, Ned, Jon Snow, Catelyn, Robb, Syrio, Samwell, Jaime, Littlefinger, Varys, and of course Tyrion), I think Arya is my favorite. Though I have to admit Tyrion is easily #2 and his performance in the TV show is absolutely amazing.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Out of all the amazingly well done characters (Dany, Ned, Jon Snow, Catelyn, Robb, Syrio, Samwell, Jaime, Littlefinger, Varys, and of course Tyrion), I think Arya is my favorite. Though I have to admit Tyrion is easily #2 and his performance in the TV show is absolutely amazing.
    Arya was my favorite since the very first time I saw her in episode one. Stuck to her the entire time, even in the book.