15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Pretty sure Mel is the next thing better than a conman: ]
    Ya I am definitely on board with her being nothing more than a witch using religion as a means to an end.

Yay for it finally being time (plus that Hemingway movie is on tomorrow).

---------- Post added 2012-05-27 at 09:33 PM ----------

Holy shit that was an amazing opening battle sequence. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is where the budget went and it was super worth it.

Holy shit, what an amazing episode. Oh my god. That was so good. The Hound is definitely my new favorite. That was so badass. Wow.

15+ Year Old Account
    If Game of Thrones doesn't win the emmy for best dram the world is completely fucked up. I don't think I have ever seen an episode of a tv show that was that good outside of maybe an episode of Lost. There just aren't words for how good that episode was. It had everything but the chain but who needs a chain when you have a ship made into a bomb.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most. Epic. Episode. Ever. Hard to hate some scenes that are not like the book since G.R.R.M wrote that episode. The boat bomb was pretty damn epic. Stannis was a pretty good leader, too. Very awesome acting all around, has to win some big awards this year.
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2012-05-28 at 02:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Agh. I'm so mad!!!!!!!I knew this would happen but I wanted some roasted lions.
    Black Lives Matter

10+ Year Old Account
    As for spoiler topic: You really think she's not top notch? She accurately tell a lot, but just isn't good enough to interpret correctly. See: Jon Snow.

Black water episode: OMFG! That was an amazing hour of television!

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

It's clear from Mel's chapter that whatever else she may be, she's sincere.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

That ep made Stannis really likeable to me. Having the fight at night was a nice trick, didn't need thousands of CGI'ed background soldiers.

Amazing episode tonight. LOVED that they played the Rains of Castamere TWICE, as a great little foreshadow for what's to come next season.....
    I want the wildfire explosion as my desktop background

they should really do some extended episodes when something big is going down, this - too short!

10+ Year Old Account
    Every week I watch with non-book readers. I love watching their reactions, and the end of this week was the best yet. =]
    So glad there was so much Sandor this ep!

Also, I've looked everywhere but can't find it. Anyone know when S3 is supposed to air? Next Aprilish again?
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2012-05-28 at 03:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Every week I watch with non-book readers. I love watching their reactions, and the end of this week was the best yet. =]
    So glad there was so much Sandor this ep!

Also, I've looked everywhere but can't find it. Anyone know when S3 is supposed to air? Next Aprilish again?
    From what I have seen this is the plan. I also remember hearing they planned on filming S3 and S4 back to back, so we could get S3 to premiere in spring, with S4 premiering in fall. Most likely because they want to catch up as fast as possible to stop character aging so dramatically. Also because S3 and S4 will both be part of Book 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    From what I have seen this is the plan. I also remember hearing they planned on filming S3 and S4 back to back, so we could get S3 to premiere in spring, with S4 premiering in fall. Most likely because they want to catch up as fast as possible to stop character aging so dramatically. Also because S3 and S4 will both be part of Book 3.
    The show was only renewed for s3, so they will not be doing the back-to-back thing.

Blackwater was freaking fantastic - I was trying to keep my expectations low, tv budget and whatnot, but that just blew me away.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    funny thing is, there's now so much support for the 'he's not dead' side... it would almost be MORE of a twist if he actually did die, but I'd still place a fairly hefty amount of cash monies of him turning up at some point.
    Not really. There's more a want from a lot of fans for Syrio to be alive. There's no real evidence as there is say, R+L=J.

That was a good fucking episode. Maybe the best of the series so far. I was wondering how they would handle Tyrion losing most of his nose. They did well imo.

The actress who plays Sansa is coming into the character well. Her acting bothered me early on but I'm starting to like her. Her interaction with Cersei (speaking of, Cersei was bloody brilliant) was excellent.

EDIT: Oh, and ending the show with The Rains of Castamere was brilliant. Excellent interpretation of the lyrics.
    Last edited by Tore; 2012-05-28 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_fallen View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Agh. I'm so mad!!!!!!!I knew this would happen but I wanted some roasted lions.
    I would say I have been dreading and anticipating this episode all season. Kick ass battle that signals the final nail in the coffin for a certain family. Fantastic episode. Ending was great even though I hated that it had to happen.

For the no spoilers thread I sure see loads and loads of blacked out text here

Im not sure what was up with that guy attacking Tyrion like that. Seemed to come out of the blue not sure if there was any real significance behind it they didnt say. Was a good episode although I cant say Im suprised they defended the keep. Any episode that doesnt follow the Tagarian storyline seems to be a good episode though. Which through 2 seasons still has absolutely zero connection to the rest of what is going on the in the world. Im sure it will eventually but good lord, lets start building some bridges here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    For the no spoilers thread I sure see loads and loads of blacked out text here
    lol. I was going to say something similar. I come to the no spoilers thread and all I see are...spoilers.

The episode was freaking amazing though. I was blown away (heh) by the effects. It was amazingly well done

Jesus Christ.

Never has someting that intense been shown on television.

Cersei was fantastic this episode. She finally seemed like the Cersei from the books.

I suppose that makes sense since GRRM wrote this episode.

I like the change that he wrote for Stannis.