15+ Year Old Account
    A very solid episode with some incredible scenes and a few good story hooks for next season, though I'm a bit disappointed that they abstained from a couple scenes (which a lot of people were anticipating) that could've capped the season off perfectly. I don't think that Dany's crowdsurfing had quite the same impact as the first two seasons.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2013-06-10 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Yeah, episode 9 is usually the climax, but that ending for this season wasn't 'season finale' worthy imo. First season had Dany with hatched dragons, second season had the undead army(and sam pissing himself) and this season had Dany... with some slaves :/
    If you think Dany with "just some slaves" is meh, you're going to be disappointed in her screen time for the next three seasons.

I think most of the episode 10 was well done, it tied the story up well for a few characters and where they are headed now. But I was a bit disappointed with the ending scene, it didn't leave me with a "OMG shits about to go down next season" feeling.

As for now..
    Last edited by Kaniinchen; 2013-06-10 at 11:34 AM.

I prefer non-conventional episodes, that's part of the reason why I like Game of Thrones.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I prefer non-conventional episodes, that's part of the reason why I like Game of Thrones.
    How do you find it non-conventional?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    How do you find it non-conventional?
    Not being afraid to kill anyone on the cast, no matter how popular and profitable they are to the show, for one.

As for the season finale itself, I probably wouldn't of cared either way how they ended it. But most TV-series seem to do the big big twist in their last episode, I'm a bit tired of that.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2013-06-10 at 10:35 AM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Not really. I mean, they're just following the books. It's not like they are being gutsy deciding who dies. I can guarantee they would not dare kill a character out of order, like getting Arya caught at the Red Wedding.
    I haven't read the books, and I plan on keeping it that way, I prefer watching the TV-series. I thought episode 9 was awesome, partly because I didn't expect that at all.

Deleted
    I liked the fact that they didn't go over the top for the episode. Lots of very memorable moments with the 2 favorite ones being:

1) Tywin and Tyrion humiliating Jeffrey. (Kings are dying like flies these days, a real king doesn't need to tell everyone he's the king, the king is tired he should get some rest lol)
    2) Arya being a badass, the Hound (my favorite as you can see by my avatar) being by her side, and mentioning the Valar Morghulis stuff.

I am excited and I need to time warp one year into the future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    1) Tywin and Tyrion humiliating Jeffrey. (Kings are dying like flies these days, a real king doesn't need to tell everyone he's the king, the king is tired he should get some rest lol)
    2) Arya being a badass, the Hound (my favorite as you can see by my avatar) being by her side, and mentioning the Valar Morghulis stuff.
    I might add :
    3) Davos being awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    I liked the fact that they didn't go over the top for the episode. Lots of very memorable moments with the 2 favorite ones being:

I am excited and I need to time warp one year into the future.
    That scene cracked me up. I'll black it out so I don't ruin it for everybody though.
    Tywin: The King is tired, maybe he should get some rest.
    Joffrey: I'M NOT TIRED! *foot stomp*
    Tywin: (paraphrased) GET TO YOUR ROOM RIGHT NOW YOUNG MAN!
    Joffrey is led to his room by his mum

10+ Year Old Account
    A few good scenes, but that ending was really bad. There were FAR better notes to end the season on than that.

Great season, such a long wait for the next so looks like it's time to read the books now! o/
    Hi

Very uneven season with some mind bogglingly bad editing at times. Still had some of the best episodes of the serie as well. Bumpy ride, bumpy ride.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Arya surprising the shit out of the Hound continues to be my favorite thing yet.

'Where'd you get that knife?' 'From you.'

The look of brief panic and astonishment he gets is priceless. Arya's like the perfect foil for the Hound to actually get him to be showing emotion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    Each season has been better than the last.

And now we wait.
    No no. Season 2 was a bit of a let down to the whole detective Eddard Stark plot, but the book was the same to me. I love season 3! It was amazing, but the final scene was rather meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Pretty good episode, but it missed the "season end" feeling that 1x10 and 2x10 had.
    True. There wasn't really any cliffhanger. It's not like I'm "Uh, I wonder what Dany is gonna do with those slaves!" She liberated them, great.. Next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    If you think Dany with "just some slaves" is meh, you're going to be disappointed in her screen time for the next three seasons.
    Hm. I'm not so sure.

I think the Yara/Asha scenes were really epic. I was all "YEAH! YOU GO GIRL!" but at the start when she was opening the box it was more "Please don't show Theon's severed penis, please don't show Theon's severed penis, please don't show Theon's severed penis, please don't show Theon's severed penis!"

I thought the Asha scene was the most gringe worthy of the last episode. A terribly written speech combined with 180 degree shift of actual character good scene makes not.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I thought the Asha scene was the most gringe worthy of the last episode. A terribly written speech combined with 180 degree shift of actual character good scene makes not.
    The last part of it was rushed. Still more epic than crowd surfing Dany.

Admittably that one was pretty terrible as well, but just because something is worse doesn't make the other thing less bad.

Deleted
    True that

But I think that that was actually the only scene where it felt like some crazy shit is going down the next season. Everybody else returned home or fulfilled their quest. Jamie arrived at King's Landing, Bran got beyond the wall, Jon ended up at Castle Black (badly hurt, but you felt he was safe), Joffrey went to bed, Shae loves Tyrion etc.

Bran's quest only starts beyond the Wall, Stannis's quest turned from "Lets get the throne!" to "Lets go check out taht ruckus in the north!", Arya had quite strong implications for her future path if one paid enough attention in S2. Plenty of stuff to build on for next season.