That guy, Bronn is it? Rub some white grease paint on that face and he could be a worn down Joker. That actor needs a cameo in the new Dark Knight!
    (I have to distract myself with something since I won't get a new episode for weeks)

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Better than "So... you didn't know where to put it?"

I don't believe it.
    Dude, it was awesome, I cant remember if the line was in the book or not, but seeing it on screen was funny as hell. I would of kissed sam if i was there no lie.

---------- Post added 2011-05-24 at 10:06 PM ----------

Tyrion is one of the best characters in the series. I've also developed a fondness for Jaime as he is later on (books 3 and 4).
    I remember when i first read the books, i hated Tyrion at first, he just seemed like an horrible bad person. Now his right up there with Arya for me. I also loved the way Jaime develops in the later books. Just character development in general from Martin, amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lokann......

you win the INTERWEBZ seriously laughed my ass off at that pic and then laughed again every time I looked back

and Jeleh, GRRM is imo one of the finest character writers ever, in four seperate books he can make you hate and want to kill, then love and want to marry the same character just with the way he evolves them, Jaime is the perfect example of this, but we're getting a bit spoilerific, should probably move to the other thread if you wanna continue that perticular discussion
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

this is made of pure win, I lol'd when he said the line in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    My only complaint with Tryions character is that his hair is not "so blonde it's almost white". For that matter, Jamies hair is too brown.
    I'm guessing that if it was too white they would be confused with the Targaryens

Here's to hoping they won't just outright skip the whole Tower of Joy scene. A major part of the series in my opinion (however brief and vague it might be).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aero- View Post
    Here's to hoping they won't just outright skip the whole Tower of Joy scene. A major part of the series in my opinion (however brief and vague it might be).
    It seems there will be no flashbacks in the series.

Also, if they did include the scene it may just give away too much. The descriptions of Lyanna's death are very vague, and there have been some interesting theories surrounding it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that they will include it as in, someone talks about it.

they need to move to some war action faster.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

could someone help me out with something?, i'm a little confused.
    ok i know that before king robert, the mad king ruled the seven kingdoms, then robert led a rebellion and the mad king was killed, then robert took up the iron throne, but why did he become king? was his family the monarch before the mad king? or did he just become king because he was the leader of the rebellion?.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    He became king by the right of "ousting the last king". The same way the first of the Targaryen dynasty became king.
    There is also some Targaryen blood in the Barathons I belive if I remember correctly. Aswell as after the rebellion was done, they needed a new king and no one else really fancied the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    He became king by the right of "ousting the last king". The same way the first of the Targaryen dynasty became king.
    There is also some Targaryen blood in the Barathons I belive if I remember correctly. Aswell as after the rebellion was done, they needed a new king and no one else really fancied the job.
    Basically this. Robert is the second cousin of Rhaegar, Viserys and Daenerys.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    Basically this. Robert is the second cousin of Rhaegar, Viserys and Daenerys.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...LER-Discussion thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect ToJ to make a glancing appearance in fever dreams. "Promise me Ned".

Btw people, don't spoil in this thread. =)
    There's a spoiler thread as well.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    In all fairness that's not much of a spoiler... there's no big TADA! reveal moment when they make that connection, plus like 90% of people in those days where related :P all the big houses married off to eachother.

I always figured Robert became king cause he was the biggest badest mofo there :P plus he took out Rhaegar targaryen, so that won him a few points, the fact he was related to the Targaryens was probably just used to smooth over the cracks.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    In all fairness that's not much of a spoiler... there's no big TADA! reveal moment when they make that connection, plus like 90% of people in those days where related :P all the big houses married off to eachother.

I always figured Robert became king cause he was the biggest badest mofo there :P plus he took out Rhaegar targaryen, so that won him a few points, the fact he was related to the Targaryens was probably just used to smooth over the cracks.
    IDK that taking out Rhaegar "won him points" other than to garner some "this guy is not one to be messed with" points. Rhaegar was rather respected and loved. His father was decidedly not.

He won the throne through right of conquest. Having some Targaryan blood (was it his great grandmother? I forget) helped solidify and justify his claim, as most of the other Targaryans were dead or fleeing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant spoilers as meaning what could come about by starting to talk about the ToJ.

I could be totally wrong, but any ties Robert's ancestors had to Targaryens are circumstantial and had absolutely nothing to do with him taking the throne. He mearely was the main leader of the rebellion. Ned could have just as easily been king if he had proclaimed it.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

I think it was Robert had a better claim because of Targ blood? I do believe that Ned could have sat down and no one would argue the fact, but Ned was honorable to a fault.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aej View Post
    I think it was Robert had a better claim because of Targ blood? I do believe that Ned could have sat down and no one would argue the fact, but Ned was honorable to a fault.
    The Starks had been Kings in the North before Aegon the Conqueror created the Seven Kingdoms. He did have royal blood in his veins, even if it was not Targaryen blood. Just look at the British monarchs: from time to time, a new line alltogether would take up the throne.

Besides, it was pretty much Robert, Tywin Lannister, and Ned who were 'competing', and Ned would never take up the crown. The Lannisters only joined Robert's rebellion when they were certain that King Aerys would fall, so that ruled out Tywin (unless he started another rebellion). Basically, Robert led the rebellion, he had the chance, and he took it. The line of succession had nothing to do with it, Robert hated the Dragon Kings with a passion.

By the way, for those who may not know it: Stark - York, Lannister - Lancaster. Yep, the names are inspired by the major houses that fought the War of the Roses.