15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bandet View Post
    Because she doesn't control them, not really. Her god does.
    Ok, so why doesn't the god just control them all and kill all the people in their way? (Not being a dick, just want to understand why)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    Similarly, I wonder if they'll manage to make Arstan look different/ unrecognisable enough for his identity reveal to be surprising. It was easy to deceive the reader on paper, but I can't see how they'll manage it on screen.

Also on the note of changing face, it seems like they missed out on Jaqen changing face and giving Arya the coin?
    That's a point. I suppose they could Gandalf him up a bit, but eh... might work better for TV to just cut that particular mystery out; his voice was powerful enough in the throne room scene to give his identity away to some people.

And nah, Jaqen's still got a role to play in episode ten according to the episode guide on HBO's website. I assume that's when he'll change face and give her the coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Ok, so why doesn't the god just control them all and kill all the people in their way? (Not being a dick, just want to understand why)
    (notice your avatar)

Why doesn't god just come in and fix all the problems in supernatural?

Because they see things on a level of comprehension that is above our understanding. No point in bothering to understand it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    That's a point. I suppose they could Gandalf him up a bit, but eh... might work better for TV to just cut that particular mystery out; his voice was powerful enough in the throne room scene to give his identity away to some people.

And nah, Jaqen's still got a role to play in episode ten according to the episode guide on HBO's website. I assume that's when he'll change face and give her the coin.
    I can't wait to see if they will change the actor completely or just alter him through makeup.

Next weekend HBOZ is marathoning the hell out of season 2. Every episode will be on in a row three times during the weekend including leading up to the finale.

@Kathranis

Ending with a cliffhanger? Oh my!

Also, just finished A Storm of Swords, what characters are POV in A Feast For Crows?
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2012-05-25 at 11:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last weeks episode was meh... was glad that Robb finally did that girl. (They grow up so fast)

Can't wait for Blackwater!
    Black Lives Matter

15+ Year Old Account
    Best show on tv. What I felt was a bit of a let down in the first season: no big battle because Tyrion got knocked on his head. But, finally, the battle I've been waiting for is here!
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Best show on tv. What I felt was a bit of a let down in the first season: no big battle because Tyrion got knocked on his head. But, finally, the battle I've been waiting for is here!
    TV series usually doesn't have the budget to make giant battles like Peter Jackson.

The Battle for Helm's Deep alone probably had a higher budget than the entire Season 2 of GoT, you can't compare silver screen to small screen productions

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The Battle for Helm's Deep alone probably had a higher budget than the entire Season 2 of GoT, you can't compare silver screen to small screen productions
    Pretty sure HBO series are in a league of its own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Yeah, I guess it's not really that huge a twist anyway, just a fun little surprise. It might even be a good way of going about it, having the viewers know but not Dany could allow for some fun storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    The last episode is called Valar Morghulis.
    Oh, fun. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Also, just finished A Storm of Swords, what characters are POV in A Feast For Crows?
    Cersei, Brienne, Samwell, Arya, Jaime, Sansa and Alayne are PoV characters.
    The format kind of changes though. There are also chapters not named after specific characters though, rather events, areas or temporary PoV characters; for example a chapter about the events on the Iron Islands following Balon Greyjoy's death is titled [I]The Prophet[/I], and another detailing the reaction in Dorne following The Red Viper's death is called [I]The Captain Of Guards[/I]. There's probably an equal amount of chapters not strictly through the eyes of defined, recurring characters as there are PoV chapters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    GoT producers already spoke about how they made the battle in an interview and made the same comparison to the battle of Helm's Deep. If people are expecting a large scale battle where you can see 2 armies clashing, well...think again.

Shit, if it's MOAR ARMIES people want to see, LotR and the entire Total War game series exist. I watch GoT because it's tense and intelligent, so I fully expect the battle to be that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I can't wait to see if they will change the actor completely or just alter him through makeup.
    Am I the only one whose REALLY hoping... that when he changes, it's the actor who played Syrio either way I can't wait for ep 10, or ep 9 for that matter... or season 3..

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    big ole' wall of black spoilery badness
    Correct me if I'm wrong.. I usually am, but aren't those technically still character names? the Prophet being Aeron Damphair, and The Captain of Guards is Areo Hotah, both of whom are PoV chars. in FfC and DwD aren't the new characters introduced with a title rather than a name, just so you get a rough idea of who they are?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    GoT producers already spoke about how they made the battle in an interview and made the same comparison to the battle of Helm's Deep. If people are expecting a large scale battle where you can see 2 armies clashing, well...think again.

Yeah they already did that in the first season.

If anyone read the book, Tyrion actually kicked some ass in that battle.

In the show he got knocked out and woke up later, with the battle conveniently off-screen.

Personally, I would rather see the battle than another sex scene that wasn't in the book, but sadly more people want to see the latter and it is much, much, cheaper.

[TV] Game of Thrones ***NO spoilers, please***

Game of thrones is a good combination of the adventure in the battle of LOVE. I like the show and I want that the director of this show produced so many seasons. Thanks. I watch this show only on Otavo.tv/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong.. I usually am, but aren't those technically still character names? the Prophet being Aeron Damphair, and The Captain of Guards is Areo Hotah, both of whom are PoV chars. in FfC and DwD aren't the new characters introduced with a title rather than a name, just so you get a rough idea of who they are?
    Yeah you're right, they are still character names. I just thought I'd lump the titled chapters under one roof rather than type them all out, since there are quite a few; also the PoV characters in the titled chapters weren't used so recurringly/ reliably as the [I]major[/I] PoV characters. There's Aeron, Asha, Victarion etc. as temporary PoV characters but they seem just vessels to portray a larger story of the areas they reside (Ironborn King/ Greyjoy politics), not their own dedicated/ ongoing story, whereas the self-titled chapters of PoV character like Arya are used to tell [I]Arya's story[/I]. I think there's a disconnect there between [i]proper[/i] PoV characters and those created to be in a certain place to tell a story larger than/ outside themselves.
    Hope that made sense, though it probably didn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajMzpiyZ4GA

This abridged series is great

"Today we are seeing sunny skies all over Westeros, and for your extended forecast: Winter.. is still coming"

Deleted
    Hey. Just thought.

Where is Dontos and why hasn't he showed up properly yet?

Deleted
    Can't wait 'til Victarion Motherfucking Greyjoy comes on screen. Especially given that Robb's fate is sealed.