10+ Year Old Account
    The trailer can now be seen in HD on the GoT facebook page! It looks even more amazing not to anyone's surprise! Super stoked for the season. Can't wait.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152715877082734

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    The trailer can now be seen in HD on the GoT facebook page! It looks even more amazing not to anyone's surprise! Super stoked for the season. Can't wait.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152715877082734
    Here you go
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Great trailer. Couldn't be more hyped for the next season! April is still so far away... damn it.

Out of courtesy to those who do not wish to view the trailer, I'll put my further thoughts and speculation about the trailer inside spoiler tags... but for anyone who watched it, the following will be totally safe to read.

So the trailer pretty much confirms what was somewhat obvious already; Tyrion and Varys will at least try to join up with Daenerys - a logical move, I would say. Tyrion is definitely going to need some allies fast, as the word of Tyrion's escape and Tywin's assassination will likely soon reach the Free Cities, and Cersei has without a doubt placed a hefty bounty on his head. Due to Tyrion's rather distinctive features, I imagine it would be rather difficult for him to keep a low profile.

Tyrion is now, de facto, the heir to Casterly Rock, and surely such an ally would be invaluable to Daenerys. There is one question on my mind that bothers me about it, though. Will Tyrion even be able to ever truly return to Westeros anymore? He was suspected for the murder of Joffrey, and while there may have been people who could believe that he actually wasn't responsible for this, him assassinating his father really complicates things even further. Can the Lannister bannermen ever recognize him as the legit ruler of Casterly Rock after what he did? Or can anyone for that matter? While Tyrion may have had his reasons to kill Tywin, he is now, unquestionably, an outlaw and a murderer. I'd even argue that his thirst for vengeance actually did the realm a disservice, as it left Cersei as the head of House Lannister - a far worse option, unless Kevan Lannister actually inherits Casterly Rock now due to Tyrion's fugitive status and Jaime being in the Kingsguard. Not to mention that Cersei now holds the highest authority in King's Landing. Tywin at least kept her and Joffrey in check - what will happen now?

Nonetheless, it was about time that the story in the east was made more interesting. This is only going to get better from here, I hope!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milzorn View Post
    Great trailer. Couldn't be more hyped for the next season! April is still so far away... damn it.

Out of courtesy to those who do not wish to view the trailer, I'll put my further thoughts and speculation about the trailer inside spoiler tags... but for anyone who watched it, the following will be totally safe to read.

So the trailer pretty much confirms what was somewhat obvious already; Tyrion and Varys will at least try to join up with Daenerys - a logical move, I would say. Tyrion is definitely going to need some allies fast, as the word of Tyrion's escape and Tywin's assassination will likely soon reach the Free Cities, and Cersei has without a doubt placed a hefty bounty on his head. Due to Tyrion's rather distinctive features, I imagine it would be rather difficult for him to keep a low profile.

Tyrion is now, de facto, the heir to Casterly Rock, and surely such an ally would be invaluable to Daenerys. There is one question on my mind that bothers me about it, though. Will Tyrion even be able to ever truly return to Westeros anymore? He was suspected for the murder of Joffrey, and while there may have been people who could believe that he actually wasn't responsible for this, him assassinating his father really complicates things even further. Can the Lannister bannermen ever recognize him as the legit ruler of Casterly Rock after what he did? Or can anyone for that matter? While Tyrion may have had his reasons to kill Tywin, he is now, unquestionably, an outlaw and a murderer. I'd even argue that his thirst for vengeance actually did the realm a disservice, as it left Cersei as the head of House Lannister - a far worse option, unless Kevan Lannister actually inherits Casterly Rock now due to Tyrion's fugitive status and Jaime being in the Kingsguard. Not to mention that Cersei now holds the highest authority in King's Landing. Tywin at least kept her and Joffrey in check - what will happen now?

Nonetheless, it was about time that the story in the east was made more interesting. This is only going to get better from here, I hope!

My prediction that Varys is working for Daenerys is correct! So proud of myself for guessing that one.

Honestly killing kings/rules and etc is kinda in Westeros history, it does not seem uncommon to me in their kind of path. Cersei will not get it as she is female, so it will most likely go to Kevan,
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    My prediction that Varys is working for Daenerys is correct! So proud of myself for guessing that one.

Honestly killing kings/rules and etc is kinda in Westeros history, it does not seem uncommon to me in their kind of path. Cersei will not get it as she is female, so it will most likely go to Kevan,
    This isn't entirely how it works. Women can inherit, if there are no sons or the sons have all died. Women can inherit from their brothers, too, if they have no children and their father was Lord before them. This is why Sansa is considered the heir to House Stark, because Robb is dead, and both her other brothers (Bran and Rickon) are believed to have been killed by Theon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    This isn't entirely how it works. Women can inherit, if there are no sons or the sons have all died. Women can inherit from their brothers, too, if they have no children and their father was Lord before them. This is why Sansa is considered the heir to House Stark, because Robb is dead, and both her other brothers (Bran and Rickon) are believed to have been killed by Theon.
    About inheritance... it seems inconsistent. In this scene it is pointed out that if Sansa only had girls with Joffrey, then Joffrey would be succeeded by Tommen, which would suggest that inheritance even favours brothers over true-born daughters.

Unless lordly and royal inheritance work differently, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Varys isn't working for Daenerys. He is working in her favour, but she doesn't even know anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruncholyo View Post
    Winds of Winter not in 2015: http://www.cnet.com/news/the-sixth-g...eased-in-2015/

Is that "old news"?
    i can't wait for brandon sanderson to finish a song of ice and fire with grrm's notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Milzorn View Post
    About inheritance... it seems inconsistent. In this scene it is pointed out that if Sansa only had girls with Joffrey, then Joffrey would be succeeded by Tommen, which would suggest that inheritance even favours brothers over true-born daughters.

-snip-

Unless lordly and royal inheritance work differently, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    I guess that's true. If Robb's baby had been a girl who somehow survived, House Stark would have passed to Bran still. But if Robb, Bran, and Rickon all died (which is thought to be the case), but somehow his baby had survived, and it was a girl, she would inherit ahead of Sansa, I believe.

Edit: Actually, I take that back. If Joffrey and Tommen both died, I don't think the throne would pass to Stannis, it would pass to Myrcella. Very confusing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    This is true for most monarchies I believe, yes. It's called Agnatic Primogeniture with application of Salic law. If the King only had daughters, then there'd be no Agnate offspring, and the throne would have to pass to a brother or uncle.

Swedish monarchy didn't have Salic law, but the male offspring always inherited over the female. At least up until 1979 when absolute primogeniture was introduced (meaning the eldest child of the Monarch would be heir apparent regardless of gender)

Could well be that Lordship isn't regulated as carefully as the crown and throne inheritance and thus does not abide Salic Law, meaning that they simply go by male preference when it comes to things like Lord of Winterfell (e.g. If you have a son, son inherits. If not, daughter is next in line regardless of seniority)
    From what I remember from the season, Oberyn talked about how Doran would just allow who is simply the heir. No matter the gender, but the other houses/regions did notd o that.

Yes, Dorne has what EN termed "absolute primogeniture." The oldest child is the heir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler for Season Finale maybe.

Oh. My. God. Becky! Look at her filmography!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0265610/?ref_=rvi_nm
    Last edited by Feali; 2015-02-02 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game of Thrones Season 5: A Day in the Life

10+ Year Old Account
    So the first 4 episodes got leaked. Guess who isn't sleeping tonight

Supposedly, more are going to be leaked later on today.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    So the first 4 episodes got leaked. Guess who isn't sleeping tonight

Supposedly, more are going to be leaked later on today.
    YARRRRRRRRRRRRR matey I'm so gonna be a good samaritan too
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-04-12 at 08:19 AM.

Yar i shall be paying the Iron price, savvy?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    And also apparently eps 5 and 6 should be being leaked later tonight. So keen on the hunt for them after your first 4 ep binge
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't talk about spoilers from episodes that got leaked. There are people that don't watch that kind of stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    And just to make sure folks are warned - we're trying, but I've no doubt the spoiler thread will be full of spoilers for all four episodes quite soon. If you want to avoid spoiler's, I'd stay away until you've seen everything through Ep. 4.

Edited to add: "The night is dark, and full of spoilers"
    Last edited by ringpriest; 2015-04-12 at 04:38 PM.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    And just to make sure folks are warned - we're trying, but I've no doubt the spoiler thread will be full of spoilers for all four episodes quite soon. If you want to avoid spoiler's, I'd stay away until you've seen everything through Ep. 4.

Edited to add: "The night is dark, and full of spoilers"
    Yea I meant this thread specifically.