GTX 560 TI Troubles

Hey gang, I just purchase a the MSI version of the GTX 560 from nvidia, and I got everything seated and stuff, turned the computer on and the fans started going! Awesome!

And then I got no picture. None. Not even the Bios menu came up. So, im curious as to what the heck the problem could be. I'm just barely above a novice at these kinds of things, so I've done the following:

-Reseated the Card (twice lol)
    -made sure the bios is using the PCI slot before onboard.
    -get the drivers

I couldn't get the drivers because even though the card obviously has power, my computer can't find it at all. Any suggestions as to what it could be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Both the PCI-E 6 Pin Connectors are in the card right? =P
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Following on from Saithes question, is another of the same ilk.

You have got everything connected, right? Check that your monitor cable didn't pull out on either end, etc.

If you can, try the card with a different monitor, and in a different computer.

Err. No, apparently I am more of a novice than I thought I was haha.

I've got the cords, see where they go in the card, but i can't for the life of me find where they go on the motherboard. Is there a chance my board doesn't have slots, or am I blind?

I've tested it on two monitors, a second computer isn't possible atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oarlock View Post
    Err. No, apparently I am more of a novice than I thought I was haha.

I've got the cords, see where they go in the card, but i can't for the life of me find where they go on the motherboard. Is there a chance my board doesn't have slots, or am I blind?

I've tested it on two monitors, a second computer isn't possible atm.
    Uhh, there's two connectors on the BACK of the graphics card that are SIX PIN and they receive a connection from the POWER SUPPLY.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    eeeeek. Yeah.

See those 2 6-pin slots on the back side of it, black? Make sure to plug those in! :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    You must conect 2 of this from your Power Supply:

To this conectors (the Graphic card is different but the conectors are nearly the same):

Hope it helps you

oh crap, DeltrusDisc was faster than me xD

Okay, i see those now!

Only problem is that it totally looks like it won't reach my power supply? Did i just get really short cords? Also, my power supply seems to be encased in a metal box, do i need to remove that?

Thanks for the great help so far!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I know what he's doing... the card comes with 2 adapters for 2x 4pin molex to 6pin PCI. Don't use that unless your power supply sucks and doesn't have 6 pin connectors. But if it doesn't it's probably not powerful enough for this card anyways.

Find the 6 pin connectors from your power supply, they are probably stuffed into some crevice somewhere. Don't use those adapters that came with the card.

The PCI-E slot connects the card to the motherboard. The 6 pin connects power the card from the power supply.

Not only that, but if you don't see the actual pins on the connectors, make sure you remove the cap on em. My MSI had caps on the connectors, little plastic caps that come right off without pressure if you just lightly hold em and pull. If you see metal pins then nevermind.

Only problem is that it totally looks like it won't reach my power supply? Did i just get really short cords? Also, my power supply seems to be encased in a metal box, do i need to remove that?
    If there are no power cables to be found that you can plug into card, it's entirely possible the power supply is just too weak to actually run any new graphics cards and has the cables omitted for that reason. Could easily happen if you buy some HP or Dell or whatnot supermarket computer. Getting pictures from inside of your computer, and/or exact brand/model info would help.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Okay, i see those now!

Thanks for the great help so far!
    I'm guessing this a prebuilt from a mass producer such as Dell, HP, Sony?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan1187 View Post
    I'm guessing this a prebuilt from a mass producer such as Dell, HP, Sony?
    Propably. Or he's just a troll. God knows.

I have the same card, the first card was bad and had to be returned to Fry's. I exchanged it and the new one works great. Although make sure your power supply can push 30amps or more, if it doesn't you will most likely have issues playing 3d games..crashing etc.

As for the connections..take the two connecters in the bottom of the box they provide are PCI-E . Connect the white connectors on the other end to matching ones coming off your power supply then the 2 PCI-E into your card.