Estimates of Herbs per hour? (to estimate gathering time for Guild flasks/cauldrons)

I am just trying to see how much herbing is required to support a thirsty guild.

Say for example we use 100 flasks; that is 1600 herbs and 800 life.

So I am not asking for your secret herb or route; just a "back of the envelope" calculation. Can you farm 24 stacks of herbs per typical hour? 20? 30?
    24 stacks of herbs per hour would be that you gather enough mats for 20 flasks in an hour or it takes 3 minutes to gather the mats for a flask.

My personal experience from gathering in Uldum is about 150-200 herbs per hour. I must say I sometimes get distracted by tells, guildchat or a forum visit to MMO for instance, and competition in the zone for herbs also plays a role. Besides, I don't play a Tauren, nor a Druid, so I don't have the advantage of either. I'm guessing that at peak performance I'd be able to get 300+ herbs an hour.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren druid alt here <3

Doing between 600 and 880-900 herbs an hour, depending on the time of day.
    All the other herbs vary wildly. The worst one to farm is azshara's veil obviously, but being tauren druid helps

But do yourself a favor if you're horde, and roll a tauren druid, or get herbalism on one.
    /point

With an average of 600 to 900 herbs per hour, and an average of 3 herbs per gather, you'd be doing 200-300 gathers per hour. That amounts to 3-5 gathers per minute. You must be very lucky to fly from one herb to the next (with the advantage of not having to drop your flight form) throughout that hour and not have competition.

I cannot speak to how much i gather per hour, but i do my gathering in 1 hour blocks, and send all the herbs to my main. I consistantly end up with somewhere in the ballpark of 600-800 gold from the results. For perspective, Vol Life sells for around 10-12g on my server and herbs are 3-6g per herb depending on the type obviously.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaysha View Post
    With an average of 600 to 900 herbs per hour, and an average of 3 herbs per gather, you'd be doing 200-300 gathers per hour. That amounts to 3-5 gathers per minute. You must be very lucky to fly from one herb to the next (with the advantage of not having to drop your flight form) throughout that hour and not have competition.
    That really doesn't sound that unprobable. Granted competition could mess it up, but thats only 1 herb node per ~11-20 seconds, which as a tauren druid means you fly an average of 10-19 seconds between herb nodes. With how common herb nodes are, I'd imagine you could do even more with no competition pretty easily.