Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm gagging to get my hands on Diablo 3. I doubt any kind of console version would cause delays, surely they would have additional teams working on that aspect of the development? God knows they have the funds to pull such a trick :P

I'm not exactly pro console, but years back I actually played Diablo 1 on my ps1, from what I can remember it played quite well. The pc version was still better tho! (pc ftw as we all know :P)

I hope they don't dumb it down for consoles

Deleted
    They'll try the console platform but if it doesn't meet the expectations they might ditch it.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html...09731&sid=3000

Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post
    doubt they will, as the genre is mostly smashing your way through nigh endless mobs then running around a boss for an hour or so waiting for "summon: meat shield" to come off Cd.

...yes i fought diablo with a necro.
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-03-16 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    doubt they will, as the genre is mostly smashing your way through nigh endless mobs then running around a boss for an hour or so waiting for "summon: meat shield" to come off Cd.

...yes i fought diablo with a necro.
    That's better than having an inventory full of health pots spamming them like a crazed. Not forgetting the town portal so I could keep jumping back to town to buy more, haha. Warriors ftw.

At some point I was so pissed with all headache that comes with PC games (DRM, driver problems, installation hassle), that I switched to 360 and only play oldies, indie games or MMOs on PC anymore. Also, my couch is WAY more comfy than my chair, so there's an added bonus.

So if D3 comes out on consoles, I'd definitely buy a console version first. PS3 version hopefully, cause it will likely look better than 360.

---------- Post added 2011-03-16 at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post
    How the hell can you "dumb down" Diablo?

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    why?
    i never understood why people react negatively when a game is ported to additional systems.
    more people playing a good game is a bad thing now?
    uhm well i dont know about the guys who said this, but for me it feels a little awkward as well.
    Not that i have a problem with the fact that other people will have access to the game now, but maybe i just played too much console games that were portet to the PC, which then told me to press buttons which i didnt had. But well i guess blizzard wont fuck this up. That would be more EA style,

Deleted
    If so, I demand a half year release wait time for console players. I want to rub D3 for PC in their faces >=D.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnapusx View Post
    Free xpac would never happen from blizzard. And as i said I don't see console gamers paying.
    Free DLC? Sense when is DLC ever free. There is the occasional free thing that may come with a special edition but it wasn't really free cause you paid 10 bucks extra to get the collector edition. Not saying that there are no free DLC's but if I had to put a number to it I would say 98% of the DLC that has been released has to be bought.

Quote Originally Posted by eucatastrophe View Post
    If this is the reason the game is taking so long, I'll be so fucking pissed.

Consoles are great and all, but through evidence and trends over the last 10 years, one can't dispute how PC gaming has gone down the toilet in terms of (developer) support, as well as game quality (actual game being dumbed down or lacking any polish whatsoever) when going up the mighty, popular, everyone-has-one console.
    True. Thinking about it, games that were console-exclusive (Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption, God of War) often were more polished and had generally higher quality than console-PC releases (Dragon Age comes to mind). It looks like releasing a PC game should involve much more work, since you have to include support for higher variety of configurations, but with console game development there's an additional hassle going through approval and licensing process with Sony or Microsoft or Nintendo.
    Last edited by namelessone; 2011-03-17 at 01:37 AM.

Deleted
    i don't like playing games on console.. nothing is better than the pc. you have full control of everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    2 things here

I hope they dont do this BECAUSE if any of you who've played sacred 2 know that game is very ghostly (meaning nobody knows it) because it was very clunky and if there was ever a diablo clone on consoles sacred would be it. It was ok at first, but as you get further in the game it gets more difficult because I felt restricted to a gamepad rather than a full keyboard & mouse

But if they do manage to pull this off while acting against sacreds weaknesses and gain from its strengths it will be a huge success

Kind of double edged sword here
    Funny, when I played Sacred 2 on PC, I wanted to have a hammer in my hands instead of a keyboard =)
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

There isn't a lot of controls to Diablo. It could be done on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3. The most awkward part would be various interface elements (inventory, drops, menus). Clicking on loot to pick up items would just suck - they would have to have some sort of loot key.

I would like to see the game expanded to other platforms. Not so I can play it, but so others, who may otherwise not play, can enjoy it. The more people who buy the game, enjoy the game, the more likely we are to see expansions.

I play most games on consoles, but if Diablo 3 comes out on consoles I'll still get it for PC just simply because I'm more familiar with it that way. Plus I'd imagine that the PC community would be a lot bigger, but don't quote me on that I'm just takin a guess.

I wonder if D3 will be compatible with the PS Move (or Kinec) I mean no1 know on which console they will release it... Probably the PS3 because they released Diablo on the PS1 back in the late 90s.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperzz View Post
    Yeah, not surprised, Consoles are great at stealing PC Games, Crysis sequel for example.

i will still also be buying it on PC, If the statement you said will be correct. :3
    Because PC games never steall console games...halo"cough" Assassin's Creed"cough".
    Anyways back to the OP why wouldn't they put it on consoles it broadens the market that there game can come out on. Also you guys do remember that they did put D1 on ps1 i still have it floating around my mom's house somewhere.

Diablo is a Hack n Slash. Theres no reason it couldn't work on consoles. It's not like its complex or anything, you just mash buttons lol. I have no problem with it being on consoles, since theres nothing that could possibly be dumbed down.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Because PC games never steall console games...halo"cough" Assassin's Creed"cough".
    Those are the two worst examples ever. Halo 1 was the only game in the series to get ported, and Assassin's Creed handles like ass.

Crysis was a PC only game, and Crysis 2 handles sort of like a port from a console. Its not that bad but people will always exaggerate.

Its more common for a PC game to go console then a console game to go PC. Not that it really matters.

If they do decide to go on consoles they should take a page from Bioware. Make completely different ui for the console and pc. Games like Diablo should always be better on the pc. That's the platform where it won't run into limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
    Those are the two worst examples ever. Halo 1 was the only game in the series to get ported, and Assassin's Creed handles like ass.

Crysis was a PC only game, and Crysis 2 handles sort of like a port from a console. Its not that bad but people will always exaggerate.

Its more common for a PC game to go console then a console game to go PC. Not that it really matters.
    Halo 2 was ported as well, but yes, the general trend is away from PC and towards console.
    Beta Club Brosquad