Thread: Recount

Recount

Just wondering if this has happen to anyone. Sometime the numbers show up in my recount doesnt match with others' in raid. for some reason my numbers shown on my recount always higher than others. (my recount shows per fight) for example, on a boss fight, my meter it shows me as #1 on the damage meter with 18k dps, but on the raid leader's meter shows me as #4, doing only 17k dps.. ever happen to anyone? what's the cause of this?

Do you ever wait a few seconds to enter combat? Sometimes if you do, it won't record until YOU enter combat, so it'll miss a few seconds of the beginning burst, and dps burst at the start is always quite high.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Are you a shadow priest? Shadowy Apparitions are attributed to your DPS on your recount, but not on others'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    oh god the first comment had to be someone who can't read "work in progress". Why do you hate me sorry? Why? Why???????????

I am not exactly sure but it most likely has to do with how Recount records your combat log and all the calculations it does to come to the numbers you see. I am sure the calculations aren't the exact same on everyones Recount as your own. There are also factors like distance because if you are too far away from someone their Recount can't record data for you, so someone that runs in and out of range for Recount during a fight may have gaps where no data was recorded.

I would go by what yours says and not what the others say because theirs relies on factors out of your control, while yours is always going to catch everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is happening for sure to Shadowpriests due to the SA don't know if there is a similar spell to any other class that cause this.
    You can always WoL your raids if you need the most precise numbers though.

Start doing logs on Worldoflogs.com, this is most accuare imo.

Quote Originally Posted by noremac View Post
    I am not exactly sure but it most likely has to do with how Recount records your combat log and all the calculations it does to come to the numbers you see. I am sure the calculations aren't the exact same on everyones Recount as your own. There are also factors like distance because if you are too far away from someone their Recount can't record data for you, so someone that runs in and out of range for Recount during a fight may have gaps where no data was recorded.

I would go by what yours says and not what the others say because theirs relies on factors out of your control, while yours is always going to catch everything.
    Thank for the replies, very good points on being late entering the combat and being out of the range. I am a melee class (ret pally), so maybe I dont engage combat as fast as the casters. I remember Recount used to offer "sync" ability with others. is this not avaliable anymore? any other ways to avoid this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that delay on recording combat by 2-3 secs will end up in a 1000+ DPS loss on other people recount so i guess that''s not your problem at all.

If you still don't want to log your raids on WoL, you can get an accurate result by comparing the overall damage and the number of spell/meelee hits of another raider recount to yours and you can easily spot the differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    I don't think that delay on recording combat by 2-3 secs will end up in a 1000+ DPS loss on other people recount so i guess that''s not your problem at all.

If you still don't want to log your raids on WoL, you can get an accurate result by comparing the overall damage and the number of spell/meelee hits of another raider recount to yours and you can easily spot the differences.
    yea true... i think i woudl give Worldoflogs a try. Could anyone give me a quick rundown of how this work? would it affect the performance of the gameplay or anything?

Deleted
    1. Go to your WoW directory. Enter the "Logs" folder.
    2. If there is a file called "WoWCombatLog.log", delete it.
    3. Get the WoL client (if your guild doesn't have a WoL page, create one).
    4. When your raid starts, do /combatlog. You should get a message "Combat is now logged to WoWCombatLog.log".
    5. Kill bosses and stuff
    6. After the raid, do /combatlog again. You should get a message "Combat logging disabled".
    7. Upload this file with the WoL client.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    1. Go to your WoW directory. Enter the "Logs" folder.
    2. If there is a file called "WoWCombatLog.log", delete it.
    3. Get the WoL client (if your guild doesn't have a WoL page, create one).
    4. When your raid starts, do /combatlog. You should get a message "Combat is now logged to WoWCombatLog.log".
    5. Kill bosses and stuff
    6. After the raid, do /combatlog again. You should get a message "Combat logging disabled".
    7. Upload this file with the WoL client.
    Thanks for the info!

btw, I also heard about "Wowmeteronline", are there reasons why people perfer WoL over Wowmeteronline? or vise versa? thanks in advance.

Deleted
    They basically do the same thing. A matter of personal preference if you ask me, though somebody is bound to chime in with why X is better than Y because of reason Z.