Deleted

Addon: Play Music in Raid?

I know this may sound odd but is there a WoW addon that lets us play our own music in-game and share with those in a raid?

I ask because I often create fun events and always thought it would be neat to be able to have an in-game party with music for all in the raid to hear. I remember back in my Black & White days when Lionhead added the winamp addon and always wondered if there was such a 3rd party addon like this for WoW

I don't know of an in-game addon, but you can always set up a bot in vent to play from winamp.
    Asrel - Shadow Priest <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind
    Aretoo - Havoc DH <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind

Third-party addons are against the addon policy, I'm afraid.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can always use Ventrilo or similar applications for this.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    Third-party addons are against the addon policy, I'm afraid.
    Surely all addons are third party...

Not really ontopic, but: That Black&White-Addon was just great!

Deleted
    Also, with Ventrillo what's the sound quality like for music?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Also, with Ventrillo what's the sound quality like for music?
    from what I can tell looking at the settings and messing around with them trying to get music played through vent (my sound card is a PoS though) you can set up an input to play mp3's and such. so as long as your mp3's are compressed right I don't see why you would lose any quality.

Deleted
    Hmmm ok......

Quote Originally Posted by LimeSudz View Post
    from what I can tell looking at the settings and messing around with them trying to get music played through vent (my sound card is a PoS though) you can set up an input to play mp3's and such. so as long as your mp3's are compressed right I don't see why you would lose any quality.
    Vent uses compression that has a much worse impact on quality than mp3.
    And even though it's already compressed, Vent doesn't know that. It takes the audio stream as it's given and compresses it on the fly.

We are using Teamspeak with the Winampplugin, which has a very nice quaility in my opinion.

Further it lowers the music's volume if someone starts speaking.
    Armory & Homepage
    All Hope is Gone - EU Gul'dan is recruiting ! PN me oder visit All Hope Is Gone !

I do this all the time already as it is.

Using:
    1) Winamp with an output of "Line 1"
    2) Virtual Audio Cable creates a virtual Line 1 output and input with absolutely 0% music quality loss
    3) a second copy of Ventrilo (ventrilo.exe -m) with Line 1 as an Input, and push to talk disabled.

I have the bot playing in a separate channel that if people choose to listen to it they can phantom the channel and listen to it during raids. You can get the music from your MP3 collection through Winamp or through Internet radio stations like di.fm or shoutcast.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator