Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Kicked from dungeon, explanation fun time!!

I'll explain what just happened and would like your feedback, whether it's witty, practical, rude, whatever. Let's make a game out of the situation. I was just in a Heroic deadmines group with a tank and healer from same guild. Everyone else was from someplace else. I got in at the start but during the first trash mob. We get through the trash and I noticed the tank drops really fast, those one mobs CAN hit really hard so whatever, but I did notice his gear was pretty bad, mostly quest greens and stuff. Whatever, the healer was geared and was keeping him a live so I'll just go with it. Get through first boss no problem. I'm on my hunter so I do like 18k dps on it, pretty normal, not bad, not great but everything keeps going. I MD on the tank on almost all trash goblin pulls because I was getting aggro a bit fast and we got through, get to second boss, it's clean. Again top the DPS because mm hunters are like that. Not a big deal, run is going, in general smooth and normal. We get to the trash after helix and tank marked a skull on the caster but ALL the dps killed the little adds first. It actually makes sense to do this and no one says anything, pulls the next group and the right after the tank pull he pretty much instantly dies. The DK, me and the spriest and holy pally are alive kill everything but the two elite casters. I die first as I was next on aggro, then healer, then spriest. Still nothing said in party chat and all I see is that I have been removed from party.

Now this isn't a "WTF is WRONG with people!" thread. It's also not asking for suggestions while using the LFD, so don't bring that "go with guild group and you won't have that problem" attitude either.

You know the little box you fill in when you votekick someone? That's the game. Fill in the blank. What did the group vote for on that kick? What was typed in that little box?

Feel free to share your own "O.o wtf?! I just got kicked" stories as well.

Deleted
    "Too much DPS. Don't use AoE, noob!"

I got kicked from SFK for drinking South Island Iced Tea to mana up. The tank "didn't want to deal with another drunk priest." *shrug*

Deleted
    You have been removed from the group.

Reason: "Welcome to Cataclysm. Enjoy your stay!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I am lucky, I never been removed from a group yet (now that I jinx'd it, I am getting kicked tonight lol).

If the group if bad (you usually can tell by the first 3 trash pull), or if tank want to clear everything (trash and boss), I will just leave and go "sorry I'd rather queue for another 30min than deal with this".

Qucik, simple, no grief at all.

"arrogant prick" was typed in the box

I was with another guildy in a heroic Stonecore the other day. Everything actually went very well, even Ozruk, despite many pugs derping it up there. We get to the last boss and we had a lapse and wiped due to the giant flying boulders.

Every one of us runs back except for our fury warrior with us. Me being a bit of a smart ass, I say, "Thanks for running back *insert name*". His reply, "Sorry, lol, was taking that time to roll a joint, lol". So I votekicked him with reason "Smokes pot and brags about it."

I know, I know, some of you are saying, "what a dick", but I don't care if you smoke pot or drink while playing, that's your thing, but don't broadcast it because no one cares. He could've said, "I gotta afk really quick, can I get a rez?" and we would've gladly done it. But wasting my time because you wanted to roll a joint, that doesn't fly. The druid with us even said, "Pretty stupid reason to kick IMO" and I told him he could join the warrior if he wanted to. That may have been a bit far at that point, but oh well life goes on.

Have yet to be kicked actually.
    Well, it happened once back in WotLK I think on my DK Tank, because I commented the guild healer was literally 100% afk
    Only time its ever happened though

I like to imagine its because I'm somewhat sociable as well as hitting ye olde buttons in right order

My pally healer got kicked out of a random, reason: "you are a cow".... /sigh

"Don't know why we wiped, it had to be the huntard."

I haven't been kicked often, but invariably it's been because the tank has ADD and pulls while I have no mana, or charges so far I lose range and LoS. Of course, it's my fault =P

Edit: I was also kicked once because there was a boomkin in the party and he didn't want me rolling on his gear. Pretty lame excuse for a kick if you ask me.
    Last edited by Dariela; 2011-03-16 at 09:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

I got kicked from one on my Rogue a month or so back for repeatedly not re-sapping mobs while we where in combat fighting the other mobs from the pack. Saying you cant sap while in combat just resulted in the usual insults aimed at me for being 'such a noob', which was also written in the box I suspect.

I just give upo sometimes....
    Last edited by Taraxacum; 2011-03-16 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i got kicked once because the healer died in the first 5 seconds of the first boss in vortex pinnacle. i got called bad because i didnt battle rez the healer "fast enough"

that left a very bad taste in my mouth especially since everyone else in there was in terrible gear and im just about full epics. on top of that when i DID rez the healer he didnt even take it.

only thought that ran through my head was "good luck trying to finish this dungeon"

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to do Beauty on my tank in Heroic BRC the rest of the group didn't cause its too time consuming, we had 3 CCers as well.
    "True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "wise men speak because they have something to say; fools speak because they have to say something"

1st boss in HoO,people stood in fire,got killed,and as always blamed the healer !

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    i got kicked once because the healer died in the first 5 seconds of the first boss in vortex pinnacle. i got called bad because i didnt battle rez the healer "fast enough"

that left a very bad taste in my mouth especially since everyone else in there was in terrible gear and im just about full epics. on top of that when i DID rez the healer he didnt even take it.

only thought that ran through my head was "good luck trying to finish this dungeon"
    Oh my, now that sucks a million donkey dicks, lol :S

I like to go by the saying "Everything happens for a reason". Maybe you being removed from that group saved you a heart attack ;D

Deleted
    Been kicked a few times for flaming ppl who in my opinion deserves it. Would be interesting to see what reasons ppl put in that box besides "offline", "afk" and such. I bet "idiot" is pretty popular. Whats wrong though is that ppl rather just accept the kick and vote yes to be done with it and get a boring chat yet again.

Oh and dont get me wrong I dont just call ppl bad and morons, I always try to be constructive. Guess its the sarcasm that gets me..

Quote Originally Posted by shybe View Post
    Been kicked a few times for flaming ppl who in my opinion deserves it. Would be interesting to see what reasons ppl put in that box besides "offline", "afk" and such. I bet "idiot" is pretty popular. Whats wrong though is that ppl rather just accept the kick and vote yes to be done with it and get a boring chat yet again.

Oh and dont get me wrong I dont just call ppl bad and morons, I always try to be constructive. Guess its the sarcasm that gets me..
    Asshatery is my go-to. I rarely kick based on performance, I'll tool about with just about anybody if they are at least being pleasant about things. Turn into a jerk and your gone, regardless of your performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    Asshatery is my go-to. I rarely kick based on performance, I'll tool about with just about anybody if they are at least being pleasant about things. Turn into a jerk and your gone, regardless of your performance.
    Aye pretty much my philosophy too. This is why I hated Gearscore (not to make that the topic of this discussion, just trying to make a point), the undergeared were not even given a chance.

If you're the best geared tank, dps or healer in the world, but are a complete asshat, I'll try to kick you. WoW is a game for enjoyment, afterall.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Refuses to get in Vent."

Yeah, for a heroic.

I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Idontlikeyou View Post
    "Refuses to get in Vent."

Yeah, for a heroic.

I said it.
    Wow...just wow...ouch. Sorry to hear that one.