Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzar View Post

I love people mad about other people getting gear. Its like walking into best buy and seeing a someone buying the TV you bought last year on sale and being like, "WTF HE DOESNT DESERVE THAT!!!! IT MEANT SOMETHING TO AFFORD THAT A YEAR AGO!!!!!!!!!"
    That actually makes sense, i applaud you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    Decaff. I swear, after a while you can't tell the difference.
    hahaha my thoughts exactly.

10+ Year Old Account
    To the OP:
    Hang in there bro life is rough now but wait and watch, those players that do not have the patience to respect the game community, game mechanics, and the game culture will eventually fade away. The folks that complain about the toughness of the game or ninja loot will only get so far before they get sick of themselves or their reputation gets the best of them, I imagine in about another expansion the wow population will plateau and the balance of poor players to good players will shift closer to 50/50 and lean more toward the good players from that point forward. I believe this is just part of the maturation cycle of an mmo, wow's maturity has been stunted b/c of how fast it grew in population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Cael's laughing stock finally cracking?

Deleted
    Customer: I pay subscription, so i deserve my shineys.
    Blizzard: bow

Meh, yeah, cata is slowly but surely moving back to wotlk style. Everyone knows games need to progress, but why fix things that were never broken. Remember, there used to be 40 man raids and people made due. Epics were epic and people were thrilled to get them. Now? Things are being made too much simplified.

As far as botting etc. is concerned. I do feel Blizzard can do a better job, implement maybe not the best, but primitive and workable solutions. I am one of those people that gave up herbing and mining, due to being frustrated at times, bots and all. These are the guys that are ruining economy. And yet, most of them will survive the ban hammer. However, on the other side, there is a very good chance i will get banned myself. Yes, i publicly admit i am using 3rd party software; not for botting, not for exploits, not for ruining economy, but because Blizzard is not able to provide the tools people need. I play the ah and buy ore/herbs aswell, stockpile em up and prospect/mill them when stocks get full. Because Blizzard does not provide a workable solution to mass prospecting, milling, etc. i am forced either to spend 3 hours clicking on an icon or fire up my 3rd party macro, have some breakfast and check in every 5 min when i need to get more stuff from the mail. Same thing with tons of addons, like the one that drew 3d on wows world surface. Some people used it because it simplified things, some used it because Blizzard did a piss poor job at providing needed information to players (vampire bite anyone?).

But yeah, there are a lot of issues that need to be addressed and i do believe then need to have priority over things that do NOT need fixing.

It's usually not the top 1% of PvP PvE players who act like asshats it's more likely to be some mediocre player in a "serious hardcore" 7/12 normal mode guild. I'm willing to help anyone who asks me politely with any questions they want and it's the same way with almost every other player in a top tier guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Is Cael's laughing stock finally cracking?
    Never! Im a laughin stock now?
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

No. YOU and other silly people who care about the COLOR OF THE NAME of a piece of gear want that.

Epics have never truly MEANT anything. Blizzard is not catering to peoples weird little bits of nostalgia.

It has been said before and I will say it again. Heroic is the new epic. Deal with it. Not ever going to change.

You have the heroic tag and item level to make you feel like a special little snowflake now.

I love people mad about other people getting gear. Its like walking into best buy and seeing a someone buying the TV you bought last year on sale and being like, "WTF HE DOESNT DESERVE THAT!!!! IT MEANT SOMETHING TO AFFORD THAT A YEAR AGO!!!!!!!!!"
    I approve this message.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    Meh...I liked the way WoW WAS going. I liked the intention of having to farm normals before being able to handle heroics. Then farming heroics before Raids. And raids, or raid-level emblems, were supposed to be the only way you could get epics because Blizz wanted epics to mean something again. At least thats how WoW painted it during Cata's PTR.

The reality?

Most people can be nearly ready for heroics (based on WoW's on GS req.) by the time they hit 85. The next patch will bring a revamped ZG and ZA, handing out free epics as a reward for being just a step above heroics....just like the ICC dungeons did in Wrath. Not easy enough? Well the Mid-summer holiday boss will hand out ilvl 259 epics as well.

Yeah, Cata is turning into Wrath more and more each day.
    wtf are you going on about? First of all, crafted epics are only obtained by farming heroics, either for the chaos orbs to make them yourself, or for the buckets of gold crafted epics still sell for on most servers. Secondly, you *have* to raid to complete your 4 piece for t11. In fact you need to raid if u expect to see even a two piece in a reasonable amount of time since 70 VP a day isn't going to get you items at 1650/2200 a piece and BH is quite literally a lottery. As far as BoE world drops, they are *rare*, hard to come by, and fetch premiums for the desirable ones in the AH. It isn't any freebie, desirable BoEs have been around since the start. As far as BoEs out of raids, if people wish to put down the huge gold for them to improve their toon that's their own perrogative. *someone* had to go into a raid and farm it, and they are reaping the benefits of their hard work. No one is running heroics as soon as they ding 85 without a large bankroll to fill up as many slots as they can with BoE epics (such bankrolls being the *exception* not the norm) and the ZG heroics *require* 346 ilvl to get into. on top of that they are still 353 ilvl, a slight stat drop from the 359s coming out of normal raids. Most people going into raids with some rep or crafted epics and full heroic gear are looking at a 350 ilvl average, barely over 346 really and that takes some time to get, so stop making up nonsense. Anyone who is raiding will likely be on hardmode content by now, in some capacity, and more interested in 372s and see ZG/ZA as maelstrom farms and nothing more. Midsummer boss hands out 353s not 359s, just like last year it was 232s and the year prior it was 200s. Midsummer Boss has handed out epics since BC...

---------- Post added 2011-03-17 at 11:13 AM ----------

No. YOU and other silly people who care about the COLOR OF THE NAME of a piece of gear want that.

Epics have never truly MEANT anything. Blizzard is not catering to peoples weird little bits of nostalgia.

It has been said before and I will say it again. Heroic is the new epic. Deal with it. Not ever going to change.

You have the heroic tag and item level to make you feel like a special little snowflake now.

+1
    this twotonsteak guy has clearly identifiable e-peen envy coupled with false entitlement. If someone is getting worked up about another person having crafted and BoE epics in all their slots they seriously need their heads checked.
    Last edited by QQmoore; 2011-03-17 at 11:13 AM.