Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

New Archy Rares

So while checking Wowhead's latest additions I came across:

- http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=69777- Troll Drums
    - http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=69775 - Vyrkul Drinking Cup
    - http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=69776 - Ancient Amber

They are vanity items and the release of these items coincides with Blizzards latest statement claiming they wish to add more rares items to the Troll, Vyrkul and Fossil races in particular. Honestly, im not impressed though. Some of us out there still don't have Zin'rohk after all these long months grinding and i honestly hoped to see this system so we could "focus" on a particular race released before actually releasing more rares.

Anyway, Discuss.

Also throwing this out there. Since they recently re-introduced http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=69762 back into the PTRS, I have a sneaky suspicion this will be another troll rare since with the removal of level 70 ZA it will become unavailable.
    Last edited by mmoce5ee2a432e; 2011-03-17 at 04:17 AM.

Deleted
    Ancient Amber seems to be identical to the Trading Card Personal Statue thing.
    Troll Drums probably play some troll music to everyone nearby
    Vrykul Drinking Horn seems to be a strength buff and displays a mask of some sort.

Also throwing this out there. Since they recently re-introduced http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=69762 back into the PTRS, I have a sneaky suspicion this will be another troll rare since with the removal of level 70 ZA it will become unavailable.
    Or probably will just drop from the new ZA and they havn't updated it yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaos View Post
    Vrykul Drinking Horn seems to be a strength buff and displays a mask of some sort.

Possibly, too early to rule it out entirely, but it would make a nice flavour item and Blizzard are in need of more Troll rares. Its a great opportunity for a rather fun item me thinks. The main problem I have with the idea of it dropping is 1) they've already done most if not all of the loot and 2) the intention with ZA and ZG is to provide dungeons for people to get some more gear, fill those hard to fill slots (wands/thrown etc). I really dont see them reintroducing items like this into actual dungeons and such when they can do it via Archaeology or some other method.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Some of us out there still don't have Zin'rohk after all these long months grinding and i honestly hoped to see this system so we could "focus" on a particular race released before actually releasing more rares.
    This makes me feel bad. Not because the Archaeology items will be easier to acquire, but because of the amount of time I have already spent getting my Tol'Vir mount and other notable items.

Well, here's to easy mode farming Archaeology. I'd bet that it will take a fraction of the time to farm items as it did previously. Makes you want to shoot a barrel of fish. No? Maybe that's just me. I'm having seafood tonight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marksman79 View Post
    This makes me feel bad. Not because the Archaeology items will be easier to acquire, but because of the amount of time I have already spent getting my Tol'Vir mount and other notable items.

Well, here's to easy mode farming Archaeology. I'd bet that it will take a fraction of the time to farm items as it did previously. Makes you want to shoot a barrel of fish. No? Maybe that's just me. I'm having seafood tonight.
    The main problem I find here is that you you openly admit to investing a lot of time into getting these items, most of which you probably didn't enjoy. Its a game and it should not require hundreds of hours of gameplay just because of bad RNG. But that could just be me. I have terribly bad luck so im bias I guess. But you can rest assured, I know exactly what you mean as like I said in my first post, im still farming for Zin'rohk after all these longs months after hitting 525 archy within maybe 10 days of cata release and still nothing. So yes I feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaos View Post

Or probably will just drop from the new ZA and they havn't updated it yet.

Requires Level 70
    Item Level 128

I dont see that dropping from a heroic dungeon.

only thing does is devalue the professor title

Deleted
    Everyone knew they would add more rares, so it was kinda anticipated really. Besides, they could always do to Professor what they did to "The Exalted", or add superior titles.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Its a game and it should not require hundreds of hours of gameplay just because of bad RNG.
    1. Log in. Purps in mailbox! Didn't even have to leave town!
    2. ???
    3. Profit!
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

We also have some plans to make it slightly easier to focus on races upon which you want to focus.
    Slightly easier doesn't mean it will be ezmode. I can feel your pain as far as the grind goes but you can't expect too much from a profession that is all RNG. I spent a good amount of time trying to obtain the doll with no luck and gave up.

That being said I was lucky enough to get the ring as my 1st Tol'vir rare. My 3rd solve for Tol'vir also granted me a canopic jar with the Vial recipe inside. It's all RNG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    1. Log in. Purps in mailbox! Didn't even have to leave town!
    2. ???
    3. Profit!
    I never asked for free epix so dont turn this into a discussion about that topic either. I said its no fun flying around for literally HUNDREDS of hours doing the same boring thing over and over again. Not everyone does archy for the free purples. Some like myself do it because we're completionists. Some do it for achievements. Some do it for the pets/vanity items.

@Inner. Funny story about that trinket. My guildy provoked me while he was doing arch and told me he got the trinket (he was a dk with no alts) and teased me, so I logged off my alt onto my Arch main and told him "im not logging off till I get that dam trinket!". It procced on the next solve ;p

- rewn

Boo! Lawl, I solved ~190 NE artifacts and then read some horror stories online of some peeps solving 300+ and decided I didn't need it that much. None the less grats on the Doll!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Innertainment View Post
    - rewn

Boo! Lawl, I solved ~190 NE artifacts and then read some horror stories online of some peeps solving 300+ and decided I didn't need it that much. None the less grats on the Doll!
    Ive solved close to 600 troll artifacts and levelled 3 toons to 525 in search of Zin'rohk only I think I deserved that easy trinket :< lol

I still want an armoured Skeletal Raptor/Pterodactyl mount for Max level archeaologists from Fossil sites.

It would make me a lot more forgiving for fossil sites always being everywhere when after you have the two rares, theyre pretty much pointless time wasters.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I still want an armoured Skeletal Raptor/Pterodactyl mount for Max level archeaologists from Fossil sites.

It would make me a lot more forgiving for fossil sites always being everywhere when after you have the two rares, theyre pretty much pointless time wasters.
    Proto drake skeletal flying mount imo. I hate that I got the only 2 fossil rares before i'd hit 200 Archaeology, and thus every single fossil fragment after that was wasted.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Proto drake skeletal flying mount imo. I hate that I got the only 2 fossil rares before i'd hit 200 Archaeology, and thus every single fossil fragment after that was wasted.
    Protos are my favorite flyer model, I'd love this.

In the meantime should I continue solving fossil or save up fragments in case something is added in 4.1? What is the cap on fragments?

Quote Originally Posted by baelon View Post
    In the meantime should I continue solving fossil or save up fragments in case something is added in 4.1? What is the cap on fragments?
    The cap is 200.

Oh joy. More useless vanity items. Man that really makes me want to go spend hours hoping RNG blesses me with not only the sites I want but the items themselves. Definitely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. This makes me wonder what they will add to the Orc's. Clefthoof mount, me hopes

lame cooldowns are lame.