Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Maelstrom crystals now available from trade goods vendor

As a non-raider, this doesn't really affect me since the enchants are already stupid expensive and I don't need them, but hopefully prices should go a little downwards! \o/

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Source? Or am I just special.
    Razern - 85 Hunter (Main - FotM Spec)
    Talio - 85 Paladin (Alt #1 - Prot Main / Holy Off)
    Tenemico - 85 Shaman (Alt #2 - Resto Main / Enh Off)

Hunters - Easy to learn, hard to master. And yet, we all just faceroll in the end

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    • All trade goods available for purchase with Honor or Justice Points from the associated commodities vendors have had their prices reduced by 50%.
    • Maelstrom Crystals are now available for purchase with Honor or Justice Points from the associated commodities vendors.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2356431

In the red.

inb4 QQ
    My raid has DEd literally hundreds of epics so this doesnt matter to me.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, didn't see those ... Gogo price slashing!
    Razern - 85 Hunter (Main - FotM Spec)
    Talio - 85 Paladin (Alt #1 - Prot Main / Holy Off)
    Tenemico - 85 Shaman (Alt #2 - Resto Main / Enh Off)

Hunters - Easy to learn, hard to master. And yet, we all just faceroll in the end

thats awesome! finally i might get landslide!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay now I won't have to pay 4 to 6k for a Maelstrom crystal anymore! Higher on the weekends though... I could buy epic BOE's for cheaper than the crystals.

I find this news quite sexy ... thanx i missed it in the notes as well :/

Deleted
    I like the JP change, I understand that it shouldn't be used to buy trade mats instead of grind for them, but 3000JP for around one flasks worth of herbs seemed silly to me.

Yay my alt's getting landslide now, to hell with 4k on a weapon enchant for an alt. Especially when you dual wield.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heh with this and the new epics dropping in ZA/ZG, I cant see crystal prices staying above 100g for long. Which isn't really a bad thing imo :P.

Deleted
    hahahah just love it

Power torrent and landslide even for alts now,all characters caped in jp,about time i can spent my jp now
    enchanters to the ground though worst prof all around and expensive to level,no way in hell to think about leveling after this kick

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos44 View Post
    hahahah just love it

Power torrent and landslide even for alts now,all characters caped in jp,about time i can spent my jp now
    enchanters to the ground though worst prof all around and expensive to level,no way in hell to think about leveling after this kick
    Lol its not like they somehow got cheap crystals before.... this will hardly affect enchanters. In fact it will allow common enchanters to finally get the 5 crystal patterns (though I will agree it would suck to be an enchanter that just got one of those recently :P). Enchanting works really well with certain other professions though, like JC, to de the green items. It also has the typical 80 stat bonus available. If anything, smart enchanters will make money off this by crafting the expensive enchants when crystals drop, before a lot of common ppl realize that they dont cost much to make. I'd say they will be able to charge 1k easily for landslide/torrent even after crystals drop for a while while the general people get used to the lower mat prices.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyIllidan View Post
    Yay my alt's getting landslide now, to hell with 4k on a weapon enchant for an alt. Especially when you dual wield.
    Can't you guys see the wrong in this?... "My alt can get the best enchant in game now"
    For fuck's sake..
    The best enchants in game is expensive because they are exactly: The best enchants in game. And this is because only the best requires Crystals. I agree that on some low populated servers they might be too damn expensive. But not so expensive that you should be able to get them from Honor/jp AND zg/za epics... ZG/ZA epics should be enough imo. Two heroics per day with an enchanter to get chances to drop crystals for DE and the prices would go down quite enough. Now people will farm crystals to get money and they will get inflated and go lower and lower and lower and eventually newly dinged people will once again afford the best chest, weapon enchants etc.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pappahealar View Post
    Can't you guys see the wrong in this?... "My alt can get the best enchant in game now"
    For fuck's sake..
    The best enchants in game is expensive because they are exactly: The best enchants in game. And this is because only the best requires Crystals. I agree that on some low populated servers they might be too damn expensive. But not so expensive that you should be able to get them from Honor/JP AND ZG/ZA epics... ZG/ZA epics should be enough imo. One heroic per day with an enchanter to get chances to drop crystals for DE and the prices would go down quite enough. Now people will farm crystals to get money and they will get inflated and go lower and lower and lower and eventually newly dinged people will once again afford the best chest, weapon enchants etc.
    This doesn't effect you negatively in the least. How is other players, alt or otherwise, being better geared effecting you at all? That's right, it's not, you're just feeling threatened because there will be more glowing swords hanging around Org/SW and you won't be as special any more. This change benefits everyone, and if you think it doesn't benefit you at all, then you should probably open your eyes and start using your brain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nume View Post
    Lol its not like they somehow got cheap crystals before.... this will hardly affect enchanters. In fact it will allow common enchanters to finally get the 5 crystal patterns (though I will agree it would suck to be an enchanter that just got one of those recently :P). Enchanting works really well with certain other professions though, like JC, to de the green items. It also has the typical 80 stat bonus available. If anything, smart enchanters will make money off this by crafting the expensive enchants when crystals drop, before a lot of common ppl realize that they dont cost much to make. I'd say they will be able to charge 1k easily for landslide/torrent even after crystals drop for a while while the general people get used to the lower mat prices.
    no such thing 1k enchants for ppl with guild enchanters,at least guildies never charged anything,if they did it would be unpleasant
    i dont feel like asking for feeds when i make gems,not even passes my mind

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nume View Post
    Heh with this and the new epics dropping in ZA/ZG, I cant see crystal prices staying above 100g for long. Which isn't really a bad thing imo :P.
    epics from ZA/ZG will be not be possible to DE. Read item tooltip.

Deleted
    so much honor >.> i was buying herb bags... now i can even buy something more usefull

I like how most here already seem to have forgotten that ZA and ZG epics will not be able to be disenchanted.

(Edit: seems like the tooltip got edited, they can be disenchanted at the moment)

Also, there are no prices out yet. For all you know a single crystal will be 4k jp or honor, which doesn't seem unreasonable. Remember the frost emblem price for primordial saronite?
    Last edited by Auralan; 2011-03-23 at 09:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This will be nice, hopefully it will stabilize the outrageous wow market

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-