Heroic Maloriak 25M Questions

Hello guys,

I just have 3 simple questions:

1. How much time do you generally have left at the end of the Black Phase during the Maloriak 25 HC encounter?

Most of the time we manage to either kill the last add just when he goes into next phase or sometimes even 5sec into the next phase.
    This, of course, causes problems in particular when the next phase is a red phase.

2. How many melee do you take in your setup?

I am asking because due to our current number of raiders we have no choice but to take 4-5 melee on this fight.
    Only 2 would be necessary to keep interrupts going (or even 1 if tank interrupts). Generally we find ranged do more dmg, even though rogues and unholy dk's are not bad on the fight either.

3. Do you use Bloodlust twice during the encounter?

We use Bloodlust as soon as we pull the boss and the plan is to use it in last phase again when the cooldown runs out.
    So far, however, we got him to approx 10% and we still had to wait about 15-20 seconds for the bloodlust cooldown..

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts.

Regards,

Nearox.

1/10

bad troll attempt

Quote Originally Posted by doglover28 View Post
    1/10

bad troll attempt
    I am just asking valid questions about other people's experiences on the fight.

The only troll here would be you.

Just don't post if you got nothing useful to say.

we usually have 10-20secs on boss before the next phase after killing the last black add, this fight is made easier if your dps is good so you avoid a 3rd black phase before pushing it to phase 2, but its not necessary.

4-5 melee isnt a lot and is pretty standard, you shouldnt have a problem

yes bloodlust 2 times.

Allright thanks for your response slimatic.

Guess it's time to give some spank to some of our dps

1. Maybe 5 seconds.
    2. Maybe 8-9? Pretty melee heavy but not usually problems with puddles stacking.
    3. We bloodlust once at phase 3, Dps isn't really an issue since we usually have to stop dps to allow a second green phase.

if your melee are retarded and die to the black puddles every time, you might want to try them being on the boss full time

Deleted
    Howdy

1) Not too sure (I heal, so I worry more about keeping people alive)
    2) We usually have 4-6 melee depending on who is picked for the night, but your 4-5 shouldn't be a problem. You just need to yell at them alot to make sure they don't stand in the crap on the floor or run in such as way so they don't force the add tank to run thru the same crap.
    3) No, we use the 1 BL at the start of the last phase.

Melee PoV vid from our first kill (6 melee in the raid): XCep1foVoWE on youtube, can't post the full link yet as I'm a forum noob .

1- I think on our first kill we had 5 seconds left or so, and while learning the fight they were dying right as the next phase was starting.

2- We usually run with 5-7 melee.

3- Just lust once in the last phase, since you have to wait on dpsing the boss anyways, for the 2nd green phase.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WDdf6yveGU is our first kill, from a disc POV. Looks like 7 melee in on the kill.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

1 - about 15-6 sec. First kill we were about 10 sec behind.

2 - between 4 and 7, 2 enh shamans on the boss, rogues/dks/warriors cleave/aoe the adds

3 - i believe in your first kills you can actually lust twice because you wont have that much dps. But when you gear up its impossible because you will be forced into a black phase just to wait out for BL for the last one.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. How much time do you generally have left at the end of the Black Phase during the Maloriak 25 HC encounter?

It varies quite alot. Around 10 seconds usually, my guild has only killed him around 5 times or so.

2. How many melee do you take in your setup?

We usually have 1 feral(me), 2 warriors, 1 retri pala, 1 or 2 DKs, 1 or 2 rogues. Shamans usually do the interrupting

3. Do you use Bloodlust twice during the encounter?

Once, in the end.

Deleted
    1. Since we've had the fight on farm for quite some time, and gear is far from an issue, we've gone up to as much as above +10 seconds remaining. During progress however, I remember several times of being done 5 seconds into the next phase. Of course this was also back when you could soak red-phase flames with Guardian, but I don't think it should have that much of an impact (not sure how far into the phase he casts the first?).

2. A pretty standard ~8 melee, like you would normally see. It shouldn't really be an issue, tell your melee's to be more concerned with their positions, rather than damage. And make sure none of them are being idiotic enough to stand in front of the blobs, triggering sludge in the kiting path (very important for range as well, make sure you have a set kiting-path that everyone avoids.)

3. Once, as far into p3 as seen fit. Usually ~20%. Of course this can also vary a lot depending on if you have a new phase coming, or if you can push the boss before it. From what I've seen, the fight is very very progressive when it comes to kill times. The first few times you really cannot afford to slack on DPS, after a week or two you're already stopping DPS to allow phase transitions (add spawns being an issue, you don't want to bring him sub-25% without having released all adds).

Keep in mind that it is possible for the main tank to stand inside the hitbox of Maloriak, dodging the p3 flames completely, rendering the fight immobile (aside from frost orbs). This'll increase your dps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Apothysis View Post
    1. Since we've had the fight on farm for quite some time, and gear is far from an issue, we've gone up to as much as above +10 seconds remaining. During progress however, I remember several times of being done 5 seconds into the next phase. Of course this was also back when you could soak red-phase flames with Guardian, but I don't think it should have that much of an impact (not sure how far into the phase he casts the first?).

2. A pretty standard ~8 melee, like you would normally see. It shouldn't really be an issue, tell your melee's to be more concerned with their positions, rather than damage. And make sure none of them are being idiotic enough to stand in front of the blobs, triggering sludge in the kiting path (very important for range as well, make sure you have a set kiting-path that everyone avoids.)

3. Once, as far into p3 as seen fit. Usually ~20%. Of course this can also vary a lot depending on if you have a new phase coming, or if you can push the boss before it. From what I've seen, the fight is very very progressive when it comes to kill times. The first few times you really cannot afford to slack on DPS, after a week or two you're already stopping DPS to allow phase transitions (add spawns being an issue, you don't want to bring him sub-25% without having released all adds).

Keep in mind that it is possible for the main tank to stand inside the hitbox of Maloriak, dodging the p3 flames completely, rendering the fight immobile (aside from frost orbs). This'll increase your dps a lot.
    These are some great tips.

We are definately gonna try the tank standing inside the hitbox.

Thanks a lot