Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I agree that the "I quit" and the "WoW sucks for all of these (illegitimate) reasons" and the "RIFT IS THE BESTEST GAME EVAR!!!1!!11!111!!1one!" threads have gotten quite old, mostly because they usually never contain anything constructive, but (unfortunately) I doubt they'll ever start banning them instantly. Luckily, they usually turn into flame-wars and troll-fests so the mods lock them anyway.

However, if the posts are constructive and if they offer good feedback and harbor civil discussion, then I'm all for them, but they almost never do.

I don't play WoW anymore but I come here because I like these forums. I mean I'm against majority of quit posts but some are pretty good. Maybe you are reading wrong ones.

Personally, I find your post pretty entertaining that's why I'm posting here. Yeah, trolling trolls is still trolling.

Ok, i'll start of saying, that i'm no longer playing wow, haven't done since Dec 26th.
    The reason why i continue to post, and read info for Wow on a fan-based website. Is that i'm still interested in the news of the game. How new content is, world firsts, interesting ideas from people posting on the forum, etc. I don't plan on playing the game, but i do show interest in it.

With that said, i do agree 100% with the OP, people who make topics about how bad the game is, or that it's going to fall apart are just nubs, who don't know anything. To state something isn't to mean it's true, without proof of numbers of their claims, it's just a waste of time typing out their threads.

The people who say it is crap, it's going to fall apart, are the ones who don't enjoy the game. It doesn't mean the other 10million + people will think the same as them.

The main thing that annoys me seeing on these forums, also on the Wow offical forums are the stupid
    "I quit wow" topics.

The reason why i really hate those topics are
    1) No-one knows who you are... so why do we care?
    2) No-one actually cares that you quit WoW
    3) letting your account run out then 3 days later saying you quit wow, isn't 'quitting,' it's a small break.
    4) we know 70% of people who claim they quit, come back to the game at some point.
    5) If i hadn't already mentioned no-one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    Wow, so many reading comprehension failures here. I suppose it is time we draw up some good old examples!

Things the OP wants banned:
    "OMG wow sux rift is sooo bettr!"
    "wow sux. GC ruined teh gaem."
    "wow is going downhill so fast. glad i quit"
    "lololol omg i cant beleeve u gais still play tihs stoopid gaem i quit cuz it sux teh hard!"
    etc ad nauseum

Things the OP isn't advocating being banned:
    "I think warriors are broken. X does too little damage / doesn't work right / just sucks and needs replacing with Y"
    "LFD has ruined world PVP because ...."

I don't see why so many people are reading this as "they're taking away our freedom of speech! help, i'm being oppressed!" We aren't saying that you can't disagree or state that you are disappointed, but we just want you to do it in a constructive manner. Is that really so hard to do?
    This guy pretty much has it spot on.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

i agree with this post.

In addition, can we add just plain STUPID to the bannable offense? yeah i might kite the edge of getting banned once and a while if it was implemented, but the quality of the forum would go WAY up!!!!!

he he

in all seriousness though, i personally believe that the GMs here need to crack down HARD on certain things:

1: the "I'm quitting, this game sucks, blahblahblah" threads.
    2: any post in the wow area that says "omg rift is so much better". in fact, any reference to Rift in the wow section should deserve a Temp ban. and while there temp banned change there signature to say "i got banned for talking about rift on a wow forum. i should have gone to rifts forum area instead (or the official rift forum)
    3: blatant trolling. yeah people get angry from time to time, but the posts where people are just blatantly trying to make other people angry, these people need to be completely Ostracized from the community.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tantric View Post
    If you do not like it, don't read it imo. Are you really that insecure that you can not even read the title of a post that is different from what you believe?
    Its funny that you say this because you've come to post in this thread. I can say exactly the same thing as you. If you don't like this thread, then leave. You don't have to be posting here.

And really? Do we have to be so petty that you're going to attack me and call me insecure? As per your older post in this thread, if a mod does ban you, I doubt it'll be because you "had an opinion". Posting constructively isn't a suggestion, it is a requirement.

15+ Year Old Account
    Once again:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    If there's a purpose to the complaining (i.e., it has some relevant points or isn't completely baseless), it's fine to post on the forum. If there are duplicates, though, please report them and the mods will handle it.

Posts that are purely pointless QQ with no hope of a constructive discussion don't really belong here; the main point of them is to stir up trouble. Again, report them and mods will handle it.

Complaint which can turn into constructive discussion isn't a bad thing.
    If you have further issues, suggestions, comments, etc., you're welcome to PM me or Boubouille directly. Closing this now, as the purpose of the forum is to offer suggestions, not have a drawn-out war about who's right.