Poll: Which game is better ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Aion or Rift

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoxSSDK View Post
    Can you give us a link to where it says all Rifts content is down? As from looking at the rift forum everyday some of it s but not all. And it was recalled to make it even hard so it takes longer to down. I only know the 1st 2 maybe 3 bosses in Greenscale are down.
    All of the content is down. Go to the forums on riftgame.com.

I don't know about the other guy but WoW end game was done in a few weeks as well. The people who completed the content had determination to grind to 50 at head start, get gear from the expert dungeons, than start raiding. Not only that, but most of the guild members they had started with were premade and had members from all different kinds of guilds from WoW.

As for me, I am a level 42 mage in Rift and the game is extremely good.

I don't know about you guys, but I generally enjoyed playing Runes of Magic. Having two classes and combining them together was a really clever idea. I never got to level 20 though so I'm guessing the game was terribly unbalanced, but it was a really cool concept.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rift is even more fun than wow Though wow is way more polished. Let's see what Rift has to offer after 3 expansions and 6 years!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

If you want fun, play WoW
    If you want a challenge, play EVE
    If you want WoW but dont want "WoW" play rift
    If you want a grindfest after the first few levels play Aion (beware, you'll be competing with hundreds of bots)

I haven't played Rift, simply cause i heard it's terrible and i have too many game subscriptions anyways. Aion i had a ton of fun with, very unique but seriously grindfest first half at least of leveling. I also liked Aion's character creation and factions, very dynamic (Elyos are awesome). TBH though WoW is your best bet with Aion as a backup or secondary if you get bored. Don't go near Rift it's bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashbubblehearth View Post
    I haven't played Rift, simply cause i heard it's terrible and i have too many game subscriptions anyways. Aion i had a ton of fun with, very unique but seriously grindfest first half at least of leveling. I also liked Aion's character creation and factions, very dynamic (Elyos are awesome). TBH though WoW is your best bet with Aion as a backup or secondary if you get bored. Don't go near Rift it's bad.
    Really? You start off with 'I haven't played Rift' then say 'Don't go near Rift it's bad'. Says a lot about the quality of your post.

Also, while I liked the lore of Aion, how can you say the factions are dynamic? They're the exact same as the other race, they just ended up on the other end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashbubblehearth View Post
    lol So let me get this straight. You say rift is bad yet you've never even played it before just because someone told you it was "bad". ( That person most likely never even played the game before either judging your credibility) Thanks for your advice /sarcasm My suggestion to you OP is not to take advice from other people especially people from a WoW centered site. Try the game out for yourself. There's a large percentage of people on this site that believe everything is bad if it isn't WoW. Don't listen to these type of people. They're just afraid of change.

10+ Year Old Account
    not really a fair poll if rift came out before aion it would be the other way around

Quote Originally Posted by Skyistheguy View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I generally enjoyed playing Runes of Magic. Having two classes and combining them together was a really clever idea. I never got to level 20 though so I'm guessing the game was terribly unbalanced, but it was a really cool concept.
    I played it as well, and it was pretty damn cool. It's flaw was imbalance to people who actually payed money for items in the item shop over people who were just playing it free. Meaning that unless you payed real money, your experience degraded greatly as you leveled. That and you had to level both classes concurrently. Think of it like taking turns leveling your main and alt at the same. Five levels for the main, swap over and 5 levels for the alt got pretty boring really quick.

**Looks at calender**
    Rift has about a month and a half to go. if the subs are steady or growing even, then I'm making a switch.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

I liked both, but have a lot more fun with Rift. I don't mind some grind fest. But if it's too much, i'd rather just not play it. Aion tho has changed quite a lot to cater towards western players I have to say, I still play sometimes with my bother. But Rift is much better suited for me. Yes there are grind moments, but the rest of the gameplay balances it out for me at least.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Aion, while pretty, couldn't hold my interest. The 'western' version still felt very grindy, there were huge gaps in leveling content.

Rift, however, is the game that Cataclysm should have been. It has a ridiculous number of 'quality of life' improvements from the base WoW game. I was an 8500 achievement points WoW player for 6 years, and I've canceled in favor of Rift. Wow has nothing new to offer, Rift is trying to bring life back into the world through dynamic events. And rather than dumb down the game to make it easier for the devs to balance, they're throwing tons of flexibility at the players and asking them to figure it out for themselves -- i much prefer Trion's approach.

Unfortunately most of these posters must have not played Aion recently, and only during launch. I am currently subbed to Aion and can assure you it's nothing like it used to be. I see very little bots, if any in Aion these days, and they have fixed the grind problem for the most part. Where it used to take me multiple days to level after 40, I am now getting 1 or even close to 2 levels per day.

I played Rift, but I don't feel my input is needed as there is plenty of accurate feedback here. However please don't listen to the people saying Aion is filled with bots and is a grind fest. While that is 100% true for Aion launch, that isn't true at all for the current state of the game.

Aion is a sinking ship, thats why the CMs that were there at the start left, some joined Rift

10+ Year Old Account
    Aion i very much prefer it to rift. Only reason i stopped playing was cause of small group o people though i am seriously considering going back.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    I dislike RIFT because its more of the same. Nothing I haven't seen before, but its not a bad game by any means. It's nowhere near as bad as AION was on release.

RIFT is extremely polished, but unoriginal. That sums up my thoughts on the game.
    That is the best negative opinion I have hear. Although Rift 100% original, I feel that it is trying to polish up that type of MMO. There are so many things in Rift I wish WoW had. Open World events, Customizable UI out of box, Graphics (Not as much but they would be nice to have), and many other things. As the saying goes " Good artist copy, Great artist Steal".

I've tried many MMO's Rift and Aion included and if i had to pick between the two Rift is the better. That is not saying much though. Aion is pretty much like any other Korean Free-to-play grindfest that actually has a subscription but really good graphics. The only thing I miss about it is it will probably be the only MMO I'll ever play that lets my main character be an Emo Angel girl.
    Rift is just a copy of WoW that I personally think got their battlegrounds right. I only played to like level 26 or so, so I only did the first two BG's but they designed them to last no longer than 10-15 mins which is good. I can't stand 30+ min BG's which happen ever so frequently in wow. The class system is pretty fun too and I enjoyed being able to tank as a rogue. Honestly though a copy of Wow just could not keep my interest at all.
    A MMO I've currently been playing a bunch which I suggest people to try out is Vindictus. It is absolutely 100% free-to-play yet still has great graphics and instead of being a hot-key mmo like WOW it is an action-oriented one that feels like it takes a lot more skill. (Well more skill if you only solo or duo dungeons Like I do, a full group is overkill in many dungeons)
    But Yeah I'd try out Vindictus first before you throw some cash at Aion or Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    I dislike RIFT because its more of the same. Nothing I haven't seen before, but its not a bad game by any means. It's nowhere near as bad as AION was on release.

RIFT is extremely polished, but unoriginal. That sums up my thoughts on the game.
    Couldn't agree more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    not really a fair poll if rift came out before aion it would be the other way around
    Not for me. I prefer Aions style gameplay and to be honest i love base jumping to waste time. My only problem was lack of friends online. Rift on the other hand felt too much like wow and the graphics even near max just didn't seem that good to me. Overall i'd prbably choose Aion either way.

---------- Post added 2011-04-06 at 07:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    Aion is a sinking ship, thats why the CMs that were there at the start left, some joined Rift
    Last i heard Aion had started getting a slight increase in subs lately.

Oh and if givena chance yeah i'd try rift again but i'm sure as hell not paying till i get a free trial.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2011-04-06 at 07:18 AM.

Aion is a grind fest and only sub increase might be from gold sellers.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!