Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Best race for alliance Shadowpriest!

I'm a nightelf since the beginning - but i wanna chance my race to gnome, dranei oder worgan:confused. wich one is the best to go? thx for your advice!

Deleted
    from just numbers, draenei.
    the 1% hit is the best 'racial' for alliance. assuming you're aiming to be hitcapped anyway. if you are part of the minority running crit > hit then worgen.

All that said just play what you like the look / lore / animations / whatever of most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans have 3% spirit, which is 3% more hit assuming you have the talent that converts Spirit into Hit. Humans also boast the Diplomacy racial, which grants a whooping 10% bonus to all Reputation gains. This racial has served me well since day one.

Dwarves have a racial removing all Bleeds and Poisons and reducing damage taken by 10%. This can prove to be invaluable in PvP.

Gnomes have a racial removing all Immobilizing and Movement-Impairing effects from the player. This too could prove to be invaluable in PvP. Gnomes also have 10% more mana.

Worgen have 1% more crit, useful if you're a min-maxer.

Draenei have 1% more hit, which may be the greatest min-maxing racial of them all.

The best race would depend largely upon what you're looking to do - raid? PvP? Farm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Gnomes have more mana and get out of pvp snares.

end of discussion.
    moderators removed my signature picture because they can't get Glad like me.

Haters Gonna Hate

Deleted

--

i am playing pve only - so from what you guys say, worgan and draenei are the best choice - so....

crit and movement VS hit... difficult choice.

Human's spirit bonus makes draenei's hit bonus obsolete as a choice, plus it's handy for mana generation when healing.

Worgen is the only way to go - the movement thing owns.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Draenei Racial:
    1% hit = 102.446 hit rating

Human Racial:
    To get 1% hit from the racial you would need:
    Spirit*.03 = 102.446
    Spirit =*3,414

Since getting 3414 Spirit as a Shadow Priest (Spirit conversion to hit rating) would be utterly useless. The Human racial does not make the Dreanei racial obsolete.
    Last edited by New; 2011-03-19 at 02:30 AM.

Shadow Priest of <YARG> of Rexxar. #74 US
    www.yetanotherraidingguild.com

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never had cause to regret making my main spriest a Draenei.

/waggle

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love the waggle.

Shadow Priest of <YARG> of Rexxar. #74 US
    www.yetanotherraidingguild.com

i vote spacegoat

I would like to add being hit capped as a shadow priest is not Required like it was in wrath... on my shadowpriest Crit/haste is worth more than hit is and I am not even close to being hit capped.

1 % Spell Hit = 102.446 Hit Rating (2 1/2 Gems)

1% Crit = 179.28 Crit Rating (4 1/2 Gems)

For Min/Maxers Spell Hit (the only hit you need as a SP) is way easiers to make up than crit and would be better overall. Plus the move speed buff works to increase your dps as well less time moving = more time dpsing the target.

Just some thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Gnomes

end of discussion.
    fix'd

/tenchar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by highlandr View Post
    I would like to add being hit capped as a shadow priest is not Required like it was in wrath... on my shadowpriest Crit/haste is worth more than hit is and I am not even close to being hit capped.

1 % Spell Hit = 102.446 Hit Rating (2 1/2 Gems)

1% Crit = 179.28 Crit Rating (4 1/2 Gems)

For Min/Maxers Spell Hit (the only hit you need as a SP) is way easiers to make up than crit and would be better overall. Plus the move speed buff works to increase your dps as well less time moving = more time dpsing the target.
    I picked human since I'm healing most of the time. But this seems pretty convincing to me. I guess I would pick Worgen if I rolled SP.

Deleted

Exclamation Conclusion

Thx for the advice at all. For me personally i like to be hit capped so dranei sounds nice first- but I finally decided to go for worgan because of the following reasons:

1) hit (pp) = crit (pp) so iam just reforging some of my crit (after mastery and if haste is already there) to hit until capped.
    2) movement speed - raises dps on certain movement intense bosses

i think best race for sp is dwarf

15+ Year Old Account
    Worgen is the best race even if you're going for the hit cap, for rating conversion reasons shown above.

Gnome isn't a good choice for shadow, even for pvp, in pvp you have fade to remove roots and snares (as well as the 4p mooncloth bonus to suppress them) which makes escape artist worth less (plus as long as it's druid/mage roots you can just dispel them). Worgen is easily the best pvp choice as well because of darkflight.

There are no "right" or "wrong" choices. Play whatever you want to play. The boni aren't intended as gamechanging and if they get this status blizzard will intervene.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayona View Post
    There are no "right" or "wrong" choices. Play whatever you want to play. The boni aren't intended as gamechanging and if they get this status blizzard will intervene.
    HAHAHAHAHA sorry man, but you need to wake up.

on topic your looking at either 1% hit and a 20% hp free heal(throw on the tank during heavy dmg times) or 1% crit and a stacking sprint, both are good and will make good in pve and pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA sorry man, but you need to wake up.
    Sorry, it seems I forgot that I'm on the internet where none have to justify their opinion and should just say "Wake up!" or - even better - "your opinion is not woth to exist" and that without any reasons why it should be this way.

I read some statements from blizz that they won't let the racials be a reason to choose a race. just something to give each race a bit more uniqueness. You can say "but 1% haste is better then 5% mana" (goblins - gnomes) but this isn't a huge factor in your dps/healing. If you cand do competetive damage/healing without a special racial blizz made something wrong and will change it the way it is intended to be.
    Last edited by Kayona; 2011-03-19 at 02:43 PM.