Thread: Flight Forms

Flight Forms

Was questing on an alt and I saw this troll druid in his bat form. Normally I wouldn't look twice since my mains Druid and I've seen our swift bat form numerous times (not really a fan of it). But it was the lower tier form, the 150% "mount". And honestly I think it looks much, much better than the 280/310. So it got me to thinking why can't we just have the choice? I know I could post it over on wow forums but I'd rather see people's opinions. Taurens could choose between the two different birds, Trolls would have the two bats, Night elfs have theirs and I'm sure Worgen have two. Thoughts?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the 150% tauren and night elf flight forms look like pixelated turds

Quote Originally Posted by Liman View Post
    Well the 150% tauren and night elf flight forms look like pixelated turds
    Yeah but it's still another choice besides the norm.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyIllidan View Post
    Yeah but it's still another choice besides the norm.
    You'd rather a flying pixellated little shit over a nice lookin' birdy?

Just because you don't like it and think it's pixelly doesn't mean other people don't like it. As for the idea, it would be a bit nice, since I do occasionally miss the darker, non-purple regular flight form. And no, I don't care if the model looks rougher or whatever... if I cared about graphics, I wouldn't like half the 'console' games I do. Nitpicking details is stupid, I have better things to do with my time then obsess over pixels and models and how "good" or "bad" they are.

And to be honest, I've never seen the worgen non-epic as far as I know.... for all I know they use the same bird as Night Elves... anyone confirm/deny this?

Quote Originally Posted by Khevis View Post
    And to be honest, I've never seen the worgen non-epic as far as I know.... for all I know they use the same bird as Night Elves... anyone confirm/deny this?
    Never seen it either I just assumed it would be there. The troll 150% bat looks so amazing though that it makes me sad. I never use bat form on druid unless I'm traveling a short distance, like from an NPC to the bank or something. Otherwise I think it's quite ugly and distracting. The 150 though is probably our best form imo.

hell they made all mounts scale , the flight forms would do the same thing : P
    easy to change it from a rank of a spell into two separate ones.
    (well as easy to do as anything else they do)
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khevis View Post
    Just because you don't like it and think it's pixelly doesn't mean other people don't like it. As for the idea, it would be a bit nice, since I do occasionally miss the darker, non-purple regular flight form. And no, I don't care if the model looks rougher or whatever... if I cared about graphics, I wouldn't like half the 'console' games I do. Nitpicking details is stupid, I have better things to do with my time then obsess over pixels and models and how "good" or "bad" they are.

You wrote a whole paragraph about how the graphics don't matter, yet the entire thread is about choice between flight form graphics.

I have yet to see the 150% form as most Troll Druids with Epic flying at this point are race changes who already had Epic, so a link or pic would be nice.
    I was thinking during Beta since I hadn't seen one that it'd be pretty dumb if they got the brown bird only to turn into a big bat after dropping some cash.

I do wish they offered even more customization though for our forms. I know it seems greedy, but it really does stem from the fact that they already gave us more colors for Feral forms, so why not more for other forms, or even more for Feral. People will tell me I'm selfish but I like having options since most of the time I'm tanking Heroics these days. Some less feminine colors for the Night Elf cat (it's really seems like it's either pink pastels or black if you want a choice) and some more toned-down Troll colors would be nice. Plus the Troll Epic form has blazing red hair; well what if your character doesn't? At least that should match up, maybe with the body changing to a complementary color.

Haha giant bat attack! Glad to see they got around to at least using an old bat model for it, last I'd heard from testing it was still the Tauren one. Although odd the hair was left the same, then it suddenly shocks red...
    Now I'd probably say Tauren are the worst off when it comes to regular flight form, what with them being stuck with the Night Elf form only lighter, so it has long ears....

I still wish they'd made a nicer bat model for the flight forms rather than using that dated old thing, when the new Night Elf/Tauren flight forms came out their birds were new, and I can't think of any time the models were used in BC during their origin. The edges on the bats just look so bad.

Anyways there's lots of colors for stuff like that, but I wonder if implemented would it really just be two options depending on if you chose a light or dark color or would they make enough to match every other hair set. By the way, did you know Tauren males have one more option than Tauren females? They have a spotted skin the females don't which lets them have a white cat/grey bear (or something like that) while the females have to get white/white or grey/grey.