US 8th Nefarian Heroic - Fire Mage PoV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzM8b1blvWA

A very clean kill, although I wasn't MC'd very often.

Questions about the encounter please ask here.

UI can be found on wowinterface.com, search Brandox UI

Just curious what your thoughts were about going arcane for this fight especially after 4.1. I calculated that my Acrane Blastx4 crits will hit for about 1.2 million damage with 750% buff and cooldowns popped.

Grats on the kill by the way!

PS Your guilds gambling addon is WAY too addicting, but I don't mind. I've made 75k since cata from it

Grats, and nice vid

750% buff = ~375k Fireball Crit, which should translate to ~150k dmg from ignite (75k a tick), and saving combustion for it would mean atleast 750k more dmg (75k/ tick over 10 seconds). Equaling out to 1.275 mil - while offering vastly more mobility, better mana efficiency (you're also assuming you have >90% mana at buff point).

Either way, fire is still superior.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Your arcane blast stacks will fall off during the MC, and you would be losing a few seconds of the buff while ramping up your AB stacks. I have seen 245k fireball crits which would be another 120k or so in ignite damage. Coupled with the fact that you can drastically ramp up Combustion should vastly outweigh Arcane.

Nice video! Great quality and nice UI