Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone take the time to just /hug C'thun and say "hi," he could be a really nice Old God who just gets lonely being stuck in a stupid hole full of bugs.

But seriously, if done correctly, AQ heroics could be fun. I never got to do them while they were challenging, and from most Vanilla players I know, they really loved the instance. Maybe patch 4.3 or 4.4 will bring some kind of Uldum raid/event that may relate to AQ somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Elementals can't die, nubtardo. Way to know your creature classes. They can only be, essentially, unsummoned. Thier essence goes back to the elemental plane, and it never actually dies.

Let's get some things straight for the morons complaining about "rehashed content".

1. Onyxia in Wrath was an anniversary present. You now see why for the 6th anniversary, Blizzard didn't give you jack squat. You spent so much time complaining about what they gave you for the 5th that they're tired of giving you ungrateful little brats anything anymore.

2. Nefarian and Onyxia DID die. They were also RESSURECTED. Nefarian by Deathwing and Onyxia in turn by Nefarian. Jesus, people. "Nef is back and he's dead and whah QQ blah blah". Sorry that a giant lava dragon dad busted out of the ground and actually kinda wanted his kids around when he, you know, kills all the mortals on Azeroth.

3. Ragnaros DID NOT DIE. He wasn't killed in Molten Core. You simply stopped him from being summoned from the elemental plane. Same with Kil"jaeden (so he WILL come back in some Burning Legion related content later). Same with C'THUN (it was an attempt to summon him, that wasn't him, it was like one small portion of him). Same with Yogg Saron. Dear lord, doesn't anyone that plays this game know what a summoning even is? It's when you attempt to call something from a realm outside of the one you reside in and bring it to said realm. If you stop something from being summoned, it's not dead. It just goes back to where it came from.

4. ZA and ZG, it's a new storyline. Same with Deadmines and SFK. Hell, Deadmines and SFK have a combined total of, what, maybe two of their original bosses in them? WOW HOLY CRAP BLIZZ! WTF WHY GIVE REUSED CONTENT GAH! The map is reused. Oh no. How DARE they reuse an instance map but put all new content in it! STOP BEING LAZY GAH!

You all wouldn't know what rehashed content was if it walked up to you with a shirt on it that said "Hi. I am completely rehashed content. There have been exactly zero changes to me.". Naxx was rehashed. That's it. One place. Total. In the game. Onyxia, again, doesn't count. It wasn't even an actual part of a tier level. It was a present to the players. A present eveyrone spit on BLizzard's face about (which is why they don't give us nice things anymore...THANKS, COMMUNITY!).

Personally, I think anyone complaining about "rehashed contnet" in this game should immediately be banned. Not form this forum. Not from BLizzard's forum. From World of Warcraft. Until they learn to be appreciative of the things we are given and the work Blizzard puts into this game. Because you, as players, sure as HELL don't put a damn bit of anything into it. Including constructive criticism, among a very long list of other things you can't seem to give back.

Silithus should be redone as a quest hub. It was the only area in Azeroth untouched at launch. It would be nice to see a quest revamp. WHICH AT THE MOMENT, IS ALL THIS IS RIGHT NOW. NOT "REUSED CONTENT". L! 2! READ!
    I love you. Finally, a post that is not retarded. You literally said everything I was thinking and then some. I have nothing to add to this topic because you have already said everything I wanted to.

/slow clap

Elementals can't die, nubtardo. Way to know your creature classes. They can only be, essentially, unsummoned. Thier essence goes back to the elemental plane, and it never actually dies.

Let's get some things straight for the morons complaining about "rehashed content".

1. Onyxia in Wrath was an anniversary present. You now see why for the 6th anniversary, Blizzard didn't give you jack squat. You spent so much time complaining about what they gave you for the 5th that they're tired of giving you ungrateful little brats anything anymore.

2. Nefarian and Onyxia DID die. They were also RESSURECTED. Nefarian by Deathwing and Onyxia in turn by Nefarian. Jesus, people. "Nef is back and he's dead and whah QQ blah blah". Sorry that a giant lava dragon dad busted out of the ground and actually kinda wanted his kids around when he, you know, kills all the mortals on Azeroth.

3. Ragnaros DID NOT DIE. He wasn't killed in Molten Core. You simply stopped him from being summoned from the elemental plane. Same with Kil"jaeden (so he WILL come back in some Burning Legion related content later). Same with C'THUN (it was an attempt to summon him, that wasn't him, it was like one small portion of him). Same with Yogg Saron. Dear lord, doesn't anyone that plays this game know what a summoning even is? It's when you attempt to call something from a realm outside of the one you reside in and bring it to said realm. If you stop something from being summoned, it's not dead. It just goes back to where it came from.

4. ZA and ZG, it's a new storyline. Same with Deadmines and SFK. Hell, Deadmines and SFK have a combined total of, what, maybe two of their original bosses in them? WOW HOLY CRAP BLIZZ! WTF WHY GIVE REUSED CONTENT GAH! The map is reused. Oh no. How DARE they reuse an instance map but put all new content in it! STOP BEING LAZY GAH!

You all wouldn't know what rehashed content was if it walked up to you with a shirt on it that said "Hi. I am completely rehashed content. There have been exactly zero changes to me.". Naxx was rehashed. That's it. One place. Total. In the game. Onyxia, again, doesn't count. It wasn't even an actual part of a tier level. It was a present to the players. A present eveyrone spit on BLizzard's face about (which is why they don't give us nice things anymore...THANKS, COMMUNITY!).

Personally, I think anyone complaining about "rehashed contnet" in this game should immediately be banned. Not form this forum. Not from BLizzard's forum. From World of Warcraft. Until they learn to be appreciative of the things we are given and the work Blizzard puts into this game. Because you, as players, sure as HELL don't put a damn bit of anything into it. Including constructive criticism, among a very long list of other things you can't seem to give back.

Silithus should be redone as a quest hub. It was the only area in Azeroth untouched at launch. It would be nice to see a quest revamp. WHICH AT THE MOMENT, IS ALL THIS IS RIGHT NOW. NOT "REUSED CONTENT". L! 2! READ!
    LOVE IT
    But I would argue Nax is not rehashed because the 4 horsemen changed out Alexandros for the baron or whoever. I guess thats kinda really mincing things, GREAT freaking Post btw
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Nothing ever "dies" in this game. It's getting ridiculous.
    Old Gods /cannot die/ It is impossible to kill them. they are /GODS/.

10+ Year Old Account

.... SNIP .....

Personally, I think anyone complaining about "rehashed contnet" in this game should immediately be banned. Not form this forum. Not from BLizzard's forum. From World of Warcraft.... snip ..
    Agree 100%. Fenixdown 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Nothing ever "dies" in this game. It's getting ridiculous.
    Our rogue always dies. Does that count?
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.

Didn't they say from the start (before cata launch) that there was gonna be a new 5 man in silithus? It looks pretty nice that the zone is getting some love :d

That was wonderful! XD

Deleted

sup with the nerdrage brotha' , is an internet forum too much for you or what ?

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Dunno about you, but I have only killed Arthas ONCE.
    Lol don't worry about that, at this rate we'll be going back to Northrend to kill the new Lich King in 2 expansions.

Seems like more of a zone revamp more than anything to me, this quest being part of the new questline..

I'm not a giant hater of rehashed content myself, I just play the game to raid, the stories are a bonus. However, when people are asked what they would rather have, completely new stories or old stories that have been changed slightly, surely everyone would answer "new stories". Why do they keep spending their time twisting OLD plot lines when they could be using the effort and manpower to actually create new stories that we can learn about? Are they just afraid that they are incapable of creating new stories and new lore that can match the old? Probably.

Or it's just cheaper for Blizzard to make old stuff new again, that works too.

That's all end game raids/raid bosses returning from Vanilla. Zul'Gurub, Onyxia, Nefarian, Ragnaros, C'thun and all of Naxx. I think the only one they're missing now is AQ20.

If this isn't 'rehashing' content I don't know what is.

Freaking get rid of these bosses already. The ONLY one that makes ANY sense returning is C'thun.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viros View Post
    I'm not a giant hater of rehashed content myself, I just play the game to raid, the stories are a bonus. However, when people are asked what they would rather have, completely new stories or old stories that have been changed slightly, surely everyone would answer "new stories". Why do they keep spending their time twisting OLD plot lines when they could be using the effort and manpower to actually create new stories that we can learn about? Are they just afraid that they are incapable of creating new stories and new lore that can match the old? Probably.

Or it's just cheaper for Blizzard to make old stuff new again, that works too.
    This is my opinion as well.

Revamp dungeon? Go for it, I dont mind.
    Revamp raid? Hell fussing no!
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    That's all end game raids/raid bosses returning from Vanilla. Zul'Gurub, Onyxia, Nefarian, Ragnaros, C'thun and all of Naxx. I think the only one they're missing now is AQ20.

If this isn't 'rehashing' content I don't know what is.

Freaking get rid of these bosses already. The ONLY one that makes ANY sense returning is C'thun.
    I don't think you've played a game where they actually rehash content. New Nefarian is nothing like the old one people. Naxx admittedly is a true rehash, Ony as stated before was just a nice little gift for those who missed it, like ME who was too young for raiding back in the day and not a tier raid.

Deleted
    Same with C'THUN (it was an attempt to summon him, that wasn't him, it was like one small portion of him). Same with Yogg Saron. Dear lord, doesn't anyone that plays this game know what a summoning even is? It's when you attempt to call something from a realm outside of the one you reside in and bring it to said realm. If you stop something from being summoned, it's not dead. It just goes back to where it came from.
    Although I agree with all your statements, this fact here is slightly wrong.
    Old Gods have been on our world since eternity knows. There are several parts of lore that hint towards the Titans imprisoning the Old Gods to actually be able to shape Azeroth since the Old Gods would destroy/corrupt anything that would even start to take footsteps toards the Azeroth we have today.

So they weren't summoned, they were imprisoned for over 200k years.

Quote Originally Posted by question1 View Post
    If AQ came back, it will be "RE-hashed content".

---------- Post added 2011-03-20 at 06:10 AM ----------

Hmmm...here's whats wrong with you...in all honesty !!
    You are so addicted to this game, you have no standards left. You are like that fat, smelly dude who just wants to get laid so bad, he'd shag anything that moves. Blizz give u useless rehashes and instead of blizz having to justify their crap, people like you do it for them.

An 80 year old woman in Chanel and tons of make up will not turn on most people. Thats what za,zg, dm, sfk and if aq xcomes back it will be.
    Now you may like the 80 year old in a new dress but others are not that desperate and would rather that a company that makes billions at least puts some effort into its products.
    It's been established since before WoW that elementals don't die when they're killed outside of the elemental planes. So they didn't make it as an excuse to recycle old creatures for the game. Before you start bitching think for five seconds please.

C'thun is an old god, and as far as the lore works, the old gods never really die. It makes sense lore wise. So I would be pretty happy with this. I only get frustrated with blizzard when they broke there own lore in order to make an excuse.

We give them money? tbh ur no different then the other people that rage on this site about things they dont fully understand.

i hope its just a zone revamp and they dont put cthun in a 5 man, that would ruin it badly considering he was a 40man raid boss

BTW i really dont care for rehashed / revamped content, but i think you guys are missing the point. what youre doing is explaining why the bosses lorewise didnt die, but most people dont even care about that, they just simply want new "bad" guys to kill. sure, gods cant die, yea elementals cant die either (unless theyre killed on their plane), yea theres necromancers and theres magic so technically blizzard could have us kill the same boss for years but that doesnt mean its fun or nice on their part

also, how come nobody mentioned kael o0

Am I the only one who saw the quest mobs were like level 55? It would stand to reason that this is a new lowbie-quest, not some lead in for AQ v2 or new level 85 heroics. I came to this thread expecting to find info on AQ being redone at a high level, but when I actually WATCHED the video, I'm convinced this is not the case. It will just be some lowbie quests (as others have mentioned: to give another option over Hellfire Peninsula) that expand the lore surrounding the events that took place in Silithus at level 60.