Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My mages are going OOM on Cho'gall?

So, tonight we're running with two fire mages on Cho'gall. Our p1 DPS is fine, bloods are dying etc. but the problem is, our mages are out of mana for phase two so the adds in that phase aren't dying and we don't have enough damage on the boss. Has anyone else had this problem with their mages? If so, what did you do to fix it?

Lineup: [for those curious]
    Prot War
    Tank Druid
    Fire mage x2
    Frost DK
    Hunter
    Cat Druid
    Holly Pally/Priest
    Resto Shaman

Are they spamming flamestrike? I don't see how they'd go OOM on that fight otherwise. How many big adds are you seeing?
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres."

Tell them to use mage armor for the fight, sure its a bit less dps, but itl give them alot of mana, and when you get into final phase, they can always switch armors

They will oom if they are primary blood dps. Just make them switch to mage armor (reason its free now) between add phases so that p2 dps can be good.

We see 4 big adds and dps comfortably so no 5th shows up. And I'm not totally sure what they're doing to the bloods, I stare at boss ass a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by saeco View Post
    We see 4 big adds and dps comfortably so no 5th shows up. And I'm not totally sure what they're doing to the bloods, I stare at boss ass a lot.
    Are you killing the fourth add? Even if you are, I'm assuming they're spamming flamestrike. Mage armor would be one fix, but they shouldn't need it. They can use all three charges of their mana gems and evocate twice on that fight.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres."

We do kill the fourth add, but only one of our mages dpses the big ones. I'll pass on the tips though, thanks guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Robot arms apartment building, New New York
    If all else fails why not just bring along a bunch of mana potions?

Quote Originally Posted by saeco View Post
    We do kill the fourth add, but only one of our mages dpses the big ones. I'll pass on the tips though, thanks guys
    Why ask for tips if you're just gonna "pass" on them. :/

your resto shammy should be doing 2 mana tides for that fight one mana tide on add 2 and the next on phase 2 should help allot with your casters mana issue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viros View Post
    I translate you for you. "I'll will read these tips posted on this thread and then tell my mages what I read in this thread."

OP, are they not using scorch? If they have the talent it makes it cost no mana.
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.

Or he is going to pass them on to the Mages in the group...

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudruker View Post
    your resto shammy should be doing 2 mana tides for that fight one mana tide on add 2 and the next on phase 2 should help allot with your casters mana issue
    Except casters don't benefit from Spirit like healers do.

Passing them on means giving them to the mages.

I think he means he is literally going to pass them on. As in give the info to the mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Aieoz View Post
    pre mana pot imo
    This pretty much sums up what they need to do.

Except casters don't benefit from Spirit like healers do.
    the totem is based on the shaman's spirit not your own so they get plenty of mana back...

/applause

Well played, sir.

15+ Year Old Account
    What's the missing class in your lineup? I'm guessing a healer of some kind.

Also are others helping with killing the adds? Our 10m have no problems killing the adds, but we normally have 1 mage and a warlock or 2 mages and me as a Shadowpriest helping with the AoE and often a hunter as well. Usually this blows them up easily, but if not others help out as well and it seems to work fine for us. I can't say I know exactly what our mages are doing since I focus on my own stuff when things are going smooth, but I have never heard them complain about mana before.
    Last edited by jinxx; 2011-03-20 at 09:37 AM.