Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    they could do what they did in wrath. in 3.2 they rebalanced all of the proffesions bonuses around epic gems and BS sockets.
    ^this times a million. They did it in Wrath and balanced everything else around it, why the fuck would they not do it that way now..?

10+ Year Old Account
    I lol'd because your tl;dr was the same as the title of the thread. DAMN that is some laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Catbrain View Post
    There wont BE any epic gems in Cata, and here's my reasoning.

In cata, all the profession bonuses became pretty much standardized; +80 to a stat (Class stat or secondary stat), weighted for stamina.

Now the way that BS and JC get their bonus is what screws this up.

If there were to be an epic gem, lets say +60 stat. Unless JCs get an improved JC only gem above chimera eyes then their bonus for being a JC drops from +81 to +21. Clearly JC get gimped over other professions. This is solvable with new JC only gems.

However, if the new epic gems are say +60, then the BS bonus (+2 gem sockets) rises from +80 to +120. Clearly BS is THE profession to go for at that point.

The numbers doesn't mean much (+60 could be +anything really) But in order to keep the professions mostly balanced they cannot add epic gems without
    1) New JC only gems
    2) Give all other professions a new teir bonus (not just new crafted items but actual profession only bonuses)

Point 1 is possible but point 2 cannot be resolved so easily due to the gathering professions having a static bonus at max level

TL;dr No epic gems in Cataclysm
    Thats some stupid shit. You know they can add new JC gems too right ?

Take the tinfoil hat off and do some logical basic research.

and then the one million dollar question, any point to save tokens? =)

they are going to be there.. THEY BEST BE THERE.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will most definitly be epic gems comming out in 2-3 new patches i believe

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sidelsky18 View Post
    Simple solutions:

*New (epic) JC-only gems grant +87 of the regular gem stat (times 3 results in a +81 stat bonus)
    *BS bonus can either be changed to something boring (i.e. +80 agi/int/str to neck) or remain 2 extra sockets that are limited to gems of rare quality and lower.

Or, an even better idea would be to buff the JC-only gems as above but to +100 of the regular gem stat (times 3 results in a +120 stat bonus) and then buff all the other profession bonuses to +120 stats or a close equivalent.
    The 2nd scenario is much more likely, due to the fact that this is what happened in wrath, and also because it serves the same need as having epic gems (keeping the stat bonuses in line with better gear).

10+ Year Old Account
    There won't be epic gems, there will be legendary gems!

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    boni
    Assuming this is intentional and you pluralized "bonus" to "boni". . .

Bonus as a Latin (where the -i ending denoting plural comes from second declension nouns with the plural nominative case ending in -i) adjective meaning "good." (in this particular case, it is the masculine form; feminine would be bona and neuter would be bonum). Bonus, in English and according to Merriam-Webster's online dictionary, means "something in addition to what is expected or strictly due" to which the plural is "bonuses."

Ergo, if this was intentional your grammar, dear moderator, is bad in not one but two languages.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Tsipar View Post
    They added new JC only gems in WotLK when epic gems were released...
    BC had JC-only gems too, but it was on a much more limited scope. There were specific Unique-Equipped gem cuts that were soulbound JC-only available from faction reputation vendors. I might be misremembering the exact value, but for example a JC could cut and use one 18 stam blue gem when the current rare quality normal gems were 12 stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    BC had JC-only gems too, but it was on a much more limited scope. There were specific Unique-Equipped gem cuts that were soulbound JC-only available from faction reputation vendors. I might be misremembering the exact value, but for example a JC could cut and use one 18 stam blue gem when the current rare quality normal gems were 12 stamina.
    No...epic gems existed then. A JC could cut a single rare (uncut) gem with epic stats as a cheaper alternative to an epic gem, but they would be soulbound. So I guess it was a profession bonus, but it had no benefit beyond a few gold.

AS for when they introduce Cata epics...they'll just change all the numbers on non-BS profession bonuses to be inline with 2 epic gems, just like when they added WotLK epics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Assuming this is intentional and you pluralized "bonus" to "boni". . .

Ergo, if this was intentional your grammar, dear moderator, is bad in not one but two languages.
    It's fine if you're German :P

Maybe he mixed it up? Not that big of a deal to me ^^