10+ Year Old Account

How to initiate a poll

I've been attempting to find out, but I have yet not.

"Crate a poll with this number of options" [2]

Then what? (Have yet not tried to post the thread if there's some oncoming option..)
    I tried using the search tool, couldn't find anything without having to dig through all pages with threads that contained a poll.

---------- Post added 2011-03-20 at 05:06 PM ----------

Haha, I'm so god damned stupid. Ofcourse there was an oncoming option!

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In your defense, it's structured weirdly. The first time you do it, you're never sure if you actually created the poll, so you're hesitant to click Post Thread.

Since we're in the Suggestions forum...is there any way to change this so we can create the poll at the same time we do the post?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like when you first learn that the hot stove is hot, you get a momentary trauma.
    Nevertheless, the poll option could of be activated when you cross in the option to have it, would make more sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Step 1:

When you create a new Thread, there will be an option to add a poll. Select the little box that says "Create a poll with this number of options (Maximum 10): " and fill in the amount of answers you want to have in said poll.

Step 2:

If you selected that you wanted to create a poll, you will be redirected to the "Poll Settings" page before your thread will actually be created.

Step 3:

In this screen, you will have a number of options to choose from.
    These options are:

• Number of Poll Options
    • Options
    • Poll Timeout
    • Allow Multiple Choice
    • Make Votes Public
    • Automatically Parse Links in Text

Number of Poll Options: Here you will be able to change the amount of possible answers you want your poll to have. Note though: The maximum amount of 10 still applies.
    Options: Here you fill in all the possible options you wish to have for your poll. Users will be able to choose from these answers.
    Poll Timeout: As stated at this option, here you are able to fill in the maximum amount of days that the poll will be open for users to vote in.
    Allow multiple choice: If checked, users will be able to select multiple answers. You can also define how many options people are allowed to choose from.
    Make votes public: If checked, people will be able to see who voted for what.
    Automatically parse links in text: If checked, links in your poll will appear as "clickable". If unchecked, links will appear as plain text rather than a clickable link.

Step 4:

Once you have submitted the Poll, your thread will be created and your Poll will go live.
    (Also, option 1 should have been "Very Good", but I am too lazy to actually make a new screenshot to change that).
    Dawwwwwww

I'd like to point out that "Bahumut5, go do something useful for a change!" is in the lead, with 100% of the votes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I'd like to point out that "Bahumut5, go do something useful for a change!" is in the lead, with 100% of the votes.
    I swear to God I made the thread assuming that I could delete it afterwards...
    Dawwwwwww