Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Man, it's spring, GYM time ^^

this has probably been said but, people are just basically just logging on for raids now, only people that log on outside of raid time now, are just casuals, casually logging on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    You know funny thing, for the first time I can even remember, on my server, its usally been packed out. Theres even been cases of me having to wait to log on some days in the past for the large number of people on there, and this was in times of like TBC, and Wrath, even right at the end of the expansion my server was packed out.

Now.. my server population went from full to 'recommended'. Thats enough to tell how little people play, and really, how much cata's proving its failer. Next time blizz, try and focus on the loyal fanbase instead of bringing newbies into it.
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

Quote Originally Posted by orcshaman24 View Post
    Next time blizz, try and focus on the loyal fanbase instead of bringing newbies into it.
    uh I thought that was what cata was about?

WOTLK was about newbies and cata was about bringing back the vanilla/tbc experience as much as possible.

I quit because I thought the raid instances were shit, karazhan/naxx/mc were more fun than bwd etc

I'll probably come back for firelands.

Deleted
    Another one of these threads.... And no my server has more horde players in ogrimmar than it had on wotlk dalaran (both alliance and horde). Stormwind is more populated than cata ogrimmar+wotlk dalaran these days....
    Last edited by mmocb35922ffd5; 2011-03-25 at 03:53 PM.

I'll never fully quit cuz I've been invested for 6 years and just can't, check out patches maybe and for sure new expansions. But the game just doesn't hold my interest any longer and my guild devolved after 5 years last week so I'm just playing sc2 again and random xbox games pondering if I should check out rift to kill time til swtor, which may or may not be awesome, or if I'm done with mmos for now

Deleted
    If everyone is leaving, thats pretty good actually, better chances for me getting my PSD & TLPD

My guild is at 5/12 hm now....and if someone just want to play nomore there a alot people who replace himright of the bat. As the raid content is a little bit harder then in the early days of wotlk... i dont care if all the easy mode giev epics for free leacheers leave to other games like rift....if you want shit easy games where everything is handed out to you for doing nothing just go for good....that will make wow for the dedicated players a better place.

We dont need you to play our game, in the end you doing all of us and yourself a favour, simple as it is.

greetings Moshrag
    Last edited by mmoc15f92c5277; 2011-03-25 at 04:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We dont need you to play our game, in the end you doing all of us a favour, simple as it is.
    No, then Blizzard will probably drop an ICC-esque buff, to lure folks back in hopes of loot. Thinking it's okay for folks to leave and it won't hold any ramifications for anyone is ignorant.

Deleted
    then we should take all those who want to quit and all the leechers to our raid and hand them out their loot to prevent that they get bored and leaving so blizz is not forced to give ICC-esque buffs...i see your point there!

my 2 cents= school and life got in the way, sorry blizz
    asdawasdawasdawasdawasdwadawdasdw12414125125125
    i cant do ANYTHING!

Nope havent noticed anyone not logging on, or quitting. Not any more than have in the past. All the people from my vanilla guild <Mob Rules> are gone but i think 1 person, they were gone before cata. All the people from by friends list from BC and before had to be removed because they quit or w/e, before cata. All the friends but a few from WotLK are gone, but guess what I have new ones!! whoa. People quit people take breaks w/e, new people start playing. This is like saying the japan tsunami is a sure sign of the apocalypse, as my heavily catholic grandma seems to think. This is a process that just happens and you can create your own reasons for the facts.

I really wish some of you would post on the offical forums, so that they might look into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshrag View Post
    then we should take all those who want to quit and all the leechers to our raid and hand them out their loot to prevent that they get bored and leaving so blizz is not forced to give ICC-esque buffs...i see your point there!
    Whether it's now or later, a buff will drop.

An exodus of players would just speed the process up.

You also seem highly elitist.

You say people leave the game, but the game capacity increases atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
    You say people leave the game, but the game capacity increases atm
    I'd love to see the numbers for this?

All signs point to a decline and Blizzard trying to retain folks.

I don't get why you made that economical point.

It's a GAME. If you have more important things taking up time (work, family, school) then that's that. Nobody NEEDS to play this game.

Who CARES if there are less people. Like it really affects anything. Most people are probably on their flying mounts, high above SW/ORG waiting on queues anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    Can people stop whining about developers "keep recycling" old content when they have been giving us so much new content in comparison to the "recycled" ones which aren't even that numerous at all to be significant. We've had Naxx, Onyxia (which wasn't even bad. And people enjoyed doing it again as part of the anniversary special), DM/SFK (which are really nice. If I remember people rejoiced about it), and ZA/ZG, which are really nice if you've tried them on the PTR. Fresh new story, new boss mechanics, etc. So please, stop with your nonsense "Blizz keeps recycling" theories. We got so much new content in WotLK and are getting a lot more new content this expansion with the Firelands and War of the Ancients and so on.

OT: Anyways, I don't know. My realm went from a medium pop realm to a high pop realm recently. And there have been more people around than there usually are.

Maybe they can't spare the money anymore? Maybe stuff came up?
    I will never understand ppl like these that try to protect blizzard from reused content like they get paid for it or their lives are on the line.
    "Can people stop whining about developers "keep recycling" old content when they have been giving us so much new content in comparison to the "recycled" why should we ever be happy with ANY reuses of content? I dont get it.

And about Naxx, it was horrible. Extremly easy and boring compared to 60. They removed several spells for many encounters to dumb it down and dont come with the "most of the ppl didnt play naxx". Thats not MY problem...

I didnt like SFK as I have always been horde and done that place I dont know how many times. DM was better as I have been there a handfull of times.

And with the ZA/ZG and ppl going like its "totally new" with bosses and so on. Yeah right? You are in the SAME instance that look pretty much 90% the same or more and MANY of the bosses use same mechanics or very similar to the old onces.

I ask again, why do ppl defend blizzard for recyling content and whine like you are a retard if you just want a new instance or whatever instead of doing shit you have already been to? It doesnt cut it in my eyes to just throw in new bosses in an old instance.