Poll: Can you play WoW and have a social life + fulfilling life?

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question Is it possible to play WoW and REALLY have a social life + fulfilling life?

I know people will argue that it's all about time management but the majority of people I see:
    -used to play a sport or
    -were part of a club or
    -had a girlfriend or
    -went out every Friday
    ....BEFORE playing WoW and now just talk about it but don't actually do any of it.

In my opinion it just seems too hard to not use that extra 2 free hrs you have to
    -grind a little more gold
    -pop in a battleground
    -get that last achi you need
    -do an instance

I am not being judgmental as I am a fellow WoW player, I'm just calling them as I see them. Then again maybe WoW is fulfilling enough alone to some people so they don't find a need to meet up with IRL friends.

I would love to hear everyones thoughts on this.....actual players and not Dr Phil. lol

Deleted
    Yes, it is possible to play WoW casually and have a perfect social life. Is it possible to play WoW properly hardcore and have a social life? Not so much.

Deleted
    well i only really play wow on a saturday night when my guild raids and apart from that i dont play wow so maybe about 4 hours a week. I think i have a social life since i do go out on fridays and on saturdays during the day and the same goes for most of the people in my guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's possible to play WoW hardcore and maintain the semblance of a social life, although neither is going to be that great. So you're better off accepting a lower standard for one of them (WoW in my book (

Deleted
    Unless you're Mr Sociable 2011 you're sure to have SOME nights free, and even some weekends free now and then. So yes it's possible to play. Raiding full time is another matter

10+ Year Old Account
    I raid 4 nights a week and still have a social life.

i raid and have a gfriend so it's possible and if anyone says it's hard then they are fucking retarded imo..

10+ Year Old Account
    playing hardcore and having a social life is so ez.......a caveman could do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathcrab View Post
    Unless you're Mr Sociable 2011 you're sure to have SOME nights free, and even some weekends free now and then. So yes it's possible to play. Raiding full time is another matter
    I raid 3 nights a week for 4 hours each night. I don't even log on the other 4. Very easy to do. Also, there are people that don't raid that play 15 hours a day 7 days a week. Raiding doesn't have much to do with it.

Raiding a three day schedule while having a social life and having a wife/children is near impossible. You can pull it off but, you need some very good children and a very understanding wife.

I'm engaged, work full-time, cook / clean, and raid 3 nights a week. (no kids)

Its all about time management. It is possible to work, play, and still have time left for other social activities.

Deleted
    WoW
    Social Life
    Enough Sleep

You can pick only 2.

lol. yes it is.

Deleted
    I have a full time job, 40+ hours a week and I am also a semi hardcore raider with 2/13 heroic down atm, I can honestly say that Wow is my social life which I don't mind at all... the only time I think that will change is when I actually want to meet someone and settle down

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyowin View Post
    It's possible to play WoW hardcore and maintain the semblance of a social life, although neither is going to be that great. So you're better off accepting a lower standard for one of them (WoW in my book (
    I have to agree with this, to be the best in WoW means something else in your life will suffer.

I gotta argue against people here, for me it's easier to have a social life while in a more hardcore raiding guild. Not like end of the line progression hardcore, but when there are 2 days set aside to raid I actually play less. This leads to less of a necessity to do dailies or waste a bunch of time trying to pug and taking forever to down bosses just to get gear. If there are just 2 days that you clear all the raid bosses you actually play much less. However if anything is going on on those 2 days you will miss out.

The real social life killer is getting multiple 85s and trying to keep them up in raiding gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's Real Life?

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Most of the people I know who play
    -play a sport or
    -are part of a club or
    -have a girlfriend or
    -go out every Friday
    ....WHILE playing WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Most of the people I know who play
    -play a sport or
    -are part of a club or
    -have a girlfriend or
    -go out every Friday
    ....WHILE playing WoW
    Haven't you ever had that guildee who logs out saying "goin out to meet with friends" then like an hour later he's back with some bs excuse like "it was just a fast meetup"?

It's more likely that he wen't to make dinner rofl...

Of course it is possible

Isnt the game designed nowdays around being 'pick up and play' friendly for a quick hit of gaming?