Poll: How should Spirit Link be implemented?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Spirit Link Totem

After reading: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-on-the-field

does anyone else feel it shouldn't be a totem?

basically, i think the effect is a good idea and works well. however i feel the implementation could be different and a lot less clunky then, having to run to a place and drop the totem to our back left.

suggested implementations:
    1. a targeted area like healing rain. just have a clear area of effect based off where it would be placed. not requiring us to move to the spot.

2. a lightwell like mechanic (targeted area like healing rain), where the people who want the buff could click it on and click it off? like the twin valks debuff. this way it would apply to people who want/need to buff just need to click it

3. a drag effect, where u could target a player and drag it to nearby players to also be targeted

if u have a different idea post it.
    Last edited by Ner zhul; 2011-03-21 at 01:43 AM.

I totally didn't read your post before I voted (sorry >.>)

Thought you meant drag as in a drag & drop effect like say, Power Word: Barrier -.-
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com

The totem mechanic is fine and it describes the class. Currently everyone is throwing circles on the floor and its getting tedious.

There is no issue of running across the room to place a totem and then running back. Any decent shaman or RL would make sure that the shaman is at or very close to the place the totem must be. One of the key rules I go for when aranging my members is to put the shaman in the middle. Its how totems work.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    ya becuz when the boss cleaves and the tank needs a cd, where better to stand as a healer?

Mmmm I love me some clunky shitty totem mechanics
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ner zhul View Post
    ya becuz when the boss cleaves and the tank needs a cd, where better to stand as a healer?
    With a 10 yard radius, I'm pretty sure you can even stand outside of the cleave range on most dragon-size bosses and still catch the tank. Even if that's a little rough, you can easily wait for the cleave, duck in the 2-3 yards necessary, drop the totem, and duck back well before it can cleave again.

If you can't be in melee range without eating cleaves, the problem is YOU, not the totem.

Deleted
    This discussion has already taken place a dozen times. People will disagree. Just vote and discuss the poll results imho.