Unholy and Haste

I'm more fond of Frost DW spec, but seeing as we havent had Any 1h weapons drop from these current raids, I was asked to go unholy. I don't mind it most of the time, took a little to get used to it(never cared for UH tree) But I manage. We currently don't have much for melee buffs being 10man Raiding guild, Often me being the only Melee, and often with a fury warrior. We Ran 2 shamans this week so having WF dropped was a plus for me.

But anyways. Haste. Where is the cutoff point to Haste being #1 stat priority? I run at 32.5% haste(1805) in UH Presence. Most Dk's I see are in the same range 31-33% but I wasn't totally sure if there was a point to stop collecting haste and go into Mastery(since it really doesn't suck).

There's no upper limit that's achievable this tier. Eventually it starts devaluing, but as far as I know, it's impossible to hit at the moment.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    With bloodlust and unholy frenzy up I still have downtime from time to time, so yeah...just keep going for haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    With bloodlust and unholy frenzy up I still have downtime from time to time, so yeah...just keep going for haste.
    That's a bit of an awkward statement you have there.
    During bloodlust and/or unholy frenzy I bet you don't have any downtime, in fact I bet you can't spend your resources fast enough.
    When bloodlust and/or unholy frenzy are not up is when you may have some down time every now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

You cannot reach the cut-off point.

I have 2,469 Haste, and I'm still nowhere near it.

It really depends on your Runic Corruption procs... If you have 6-9 seconds of runic corruption up with heroism and unholy frenzy it is very possible to be not be able to spend your resources fast enough. Even with relatively low levels of haste (~15%), Hero + UH Frenzy + RC brings you down to around a 4 second rune regen. There is no way you can spend your runes that quickly and pump out death coils.

However, situations like this are not the norm. Even with a 45% procrate, RC isn't up for half the fight.

With haste and unholy more is better. You cannot reach the cap, even if you sacrificed str and other stats (which would be stupid).

A side note, don't bother to hit UF while Bloodlust/Heroism are up, you'll overcap haste at that point and waste UF.