Nefarian Shadowblaze / Adds

Has any tanks kiting the adds during phase 3 experienced issues with Shadowblaze? I.E. the timers on DBM being completely off for when it lands? I find that the kiting itself is easy... if there was an accurate timer for when the Shadowblaze is going to land. Does anyone know of a timer/mod or such that is spot on with Shadowblaze?

Also how are tanks dealing with your adds being clipped by the fire because the adds stagger.

If you are kiting around the outer circle (Nef being tanked in the middle), then it is really easy to just keep moving the entire fight. You will never run into fire if you are constantly back pedaling around the outside of the room. Just keep walking backwards and let the adds die then respawn as a group. The key to a successful p3 is having all the adds die as one stack in p1.

If kiting right, you will never be hit with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrok View Post
    I.E. the timers on DBM being completely off for when it lands? I find that the kiting itself is easy... if there was an accurate timer for when the Shadowblaze is going to land. Does anyone know of a timer/mod or such that is spot on with Shadowblaze?

Also how are tanks dealing with your adds being clipped by the fire because the adds stagger.
    Yes, dbm is completely useless for a tank that handles the addon on nefarians P3. I have first hand experience from tanking both normal and heroic 25 man and have a few solid tips that will ease your stress with this one.

First of all, download BigWigz. DBM completely bugs out when p3 starts since the ability comes with such a fast pace, so please just download BW. Then configure your shadowblaze ability to be at the most sensitive it can (meaning force it to have voice timers and huge bars etc) and then start focusing out everything useless people are saying on vent because they will make you loose your state of mind and one fuckup means that the adds will completely annihilate you at a later time which will force a wipe.

The way shadowblaze works in P3 is TWO blazes with a looong timer (like 15-20s) and then he will start bombarding you with them every 10 seconds. BW is accurate to when it will exactly come, but it will also get confused just like DBM, but its entirely up to you to keep a close track on which shadowblaze is the accurate one. Shadowblaze cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds.

INSTANTLY after the second blaze is in the air a new 10s timer will get created, and when this expires a blaze will come. INSTANTLY when nefarian spits out the THIRD shadowblaze a new timer will start with a FIVE SECOND DURATION and this is where the bug is. You need to ignore this timer and focus on the next 5 second one because it is going to land after that. Basically, you will have two timer with each shadowblaze, you just have to really focus to not loose track of the REAL timer during the hectic moments.

Another small tip would be to dip all the adds in the fire for a second or two after youve grabbed aggro from them to get the exact same energy amount and then start dragging them around between blazes, this way they will always die at the same time. If you avoid 3 shadowblazes, the adds will die and reset their respective stacks.
    Last edited by Strafir; 2011-03-21 at 09:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    Yes, dbm is completely useless for a tank that handles the addon on nefarians P3. I have first hand experience from tanking both normal and heroic 25 man and have a few solid tips that will ease your stress with this one.

First of all, download BigWigz. DBM completely bugs out when p3 starts since the ability comes with such a fast pace, so please just download BW. Then configure your shadowblaze ability to be at the most sensitive it can (meaning force it to have voice timers and huge bars etc) and then start focusing out everything useless people are saying on vent because they will make you loose your state of mind and one fuckup means that the adds will completely annihilate you at a later time which will force a wipe.

The way shadowblaze works in P3 is TWO blazes with a looong timer (like 15-20s) and then he will start bombarding you with them every 10 seconds. BW is accurate to when it will exactly come, but it will also get confused just like DBM, but its entirely up to you to keep a close track on which shadowblaze is the accurate one. Shadowblaze cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds.

INSTANTLY after the second blaze is in the air a new 10s timer will get created, and when this expires a blaze will come. INSTANTLY when nefarian spits out the THIRD shadowblaze a new timer will start with a FIVE SECOND DURATION and this is where the bug is. You need to ignore this timer and focus on the next 5 second one because it is going to land after that. Basically, you will have two timer with each shadowblaze, you just have to really focus to not loose track of the REAL timer during the hectic moments.

Another small tip would be to dip all the adds in the fire for a second or two after youve grabbed aggro from them to get the exact same energy amount and then start dragging them around between blazes, this way they will always die at the same time. If you avoid 3 shadowblazes, the adds will die and reset their respective stacks.
    Im using DBM for this and the timers are accurate atleast for me. Each shadowblaze will come five seconds faster then the last one, so the first one is 30 seconds, then the second is 25s, then third 20s, fourth 15s, fifth 10s and sixth and the rest of them will be 5s.

Quote Originally Posted by superking View Post
    Im using DBM for this and the timers are accurate atleast for me. Each shadowblaze will come five seconds faster then the last one, so the first one is 30 seconds, then the second is 25s, then third 20s, fourth 15s, fifth 10s and sixth and the rest of them will be 5s.
    My and multiple others DBM gets completely confused with the timers on this specific ability. Not only does the timers get confused between which bolt it is and determine which timer its supposed to show, but it also comes with a few seconds delay with each bolt. I have never had issues with BW when it comes to registered timers.

I've never had luck with DBM. Bigwigs has never failed me yet for Nefarian, but it's the only fight I enable it for, as DBM is much more customizable for every other fight.

Reading this topic makes me mad.

I use Bigwigs, very happy with it. HOWEVER, since like 2/3 weeks, shadowblaze timer is gone. Completly. No more timer. I tried to DL it again, doesnt work.

NO FKIN SHADOWBLAZE TIMER. Fun fact : i dont have it with DBW EITHER.

I feel like a retard, asking others to count down for me... Any ideas ?