Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs down [Classic] What I hated about Classic WoW...

With more than six years since the release of World of Warcraft, we see more and more posts appear on the forums about "Classic WoW". Either how veteran players claim how great the game was back then, or how new players would like to be able to play during that time. Let's make clear once and for all what exactly were the problems with the game back then and how the game is better off after six years of changes, fixes and alterations. When this thread is filled with all-that-was-but-never-should-have-been, we can link this thread every time someone claims how great the game actually was, six years ago

And yes, this thread is a spin-off from this thread where people can post things they love about the current expansion. Same rules apply: If you can't stick to the thread, don't post at all. Please don't make me ask moderators to remove half the entries and it's posters...

Players who walked around Azeroth when the level cap was 60, rejoice!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated getting three-shotted by a tier 2.5 clad, Ashkandi wielding warriors on my Strat/Scholo bedecked hunter. Painful times indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by Aetherilium
    I saw a warrior dual-wielding rogues dual-wielding Shadowmournes yesterday.
    Too bad he was frostfire spec and couldn't make full use of them.

Uldaman Enchanting Trainer, and without knowing about any fansites there were no real way to learn the game.

Hmm, i gotta say that i really did get pissed whenever i was owned by some prot-dude wether it was pala or warrior didn't matter, they just steamrolled me every time...

I hated the ganking during Blackwing Lair raids in the blackrock mountain, but dear god did i also love it <3

15+ Year Old Account
    Leveling my night elf caster dps druid to learn at lvl 60 that either I heal or I don't get to raid and in fact I'm there only to innervate the priest... yeah "classic class balance" :P

Deleted
    Standing around the city waiting for grps to be formed, time wasted, now we have LFD-tool we can go do other stuff.
    Was even worse with 15man UBRS runs

Deleted
    60% riding at lvl 40... PAIN!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not nearly enough people complained back then. It's so much better now.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

warlocks could kill people 1v1

Disconnected flight paths anyone?

Unlinked AHs?

LAGforge?

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    warlocks could kill people 1v1
    I ate warlocks for breakfast before death coil happened.

That said, you can make threads like this all you want, won't change the fact that the game was simply more fun then.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Spending 100g on epic mount training, finally affording the 1,000g for the actual mount and then two days later deciding you wish you chose a different color.
    Last edited by Renowned; 2011-03-21 at 09:27 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Having nothing to do really, because I couldn't be arsed to be in one of those 40 man raid guilds, and sucking in pvp, because elemental truly wasn't viable back then, not that it's amazing for pvp these days either... Meh.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The INSANE amount of mats anything took to make.
    Want a blue axe made? Better have some transmuters on standby trollface.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    Uldaman Enchanting Trainer, and without knowing about any fansites there were no real way to learn the game.
    Goblin Workshop and Thottbot. They were there, just not as useful as people wished them to be

Quote Originally Posted by acdp11 View Post
    Unlinked AHs?

LAGforge?
    We only had one AH, which explained the lag in IF

But I presonally hated when they implemented summoning stones... Made people lazier.

LFD-Tool ... I look at YOU!

Levelling in STV - or as it came to be known to me, "Book pages eat your inventory space".

15+ Year Old Account
    What I hated the most...... the flight paths... Ooh man that was horrid.

The rest I kinda loved. (Warlock he he)

I will give my life for the nation. ~Naoto Kan. SNN

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehfred View Post
    Not nearly enough people complained back then. It's so much better now.
    Not nearly enough people played back then.

Deleted
    I hated when I rolled my first char pala, and found out that its only role is healing. Tho it was possible to tank Molten Core, lack of taunt-like abilities made it impossible to be main-tank.

ps. Druids actually had all 3 roles viable already back then. At least I definitely recall druid main-tank in MC/BWL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Leveling my night elf caster dps druid to learn at lvl 60 that either I heal or I don't get to raid and in fact I'm there only to innervate the priest... yeah "classic class balance" :P

Farming mats for resistance potions..... took hours
    That's the thing about RNG. It doesn't hate anybody - it just goes about its business, oblivious to the world around it.