Infernal or Doomguard?

As a destruction warlock, wich one is best to use? I've tried them both but, yeah i donnu.

Thanks in advance.

I believe Infernal is currently your best bet on both single target and AoE encounters. After 4.1 however, Doomguard is the way to go for single target. He's getting buffed by 50% I think.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Infernal is superior atm for everything. I also believe they are buffing Doomguard next patch. After that happens, Doomguard for single target and Infernal for multiple.

^^ looks like he got in the responce before me

4.0.6: Infernal for any kind of situation

4.1: Single target=Doomguard, AOE=Infernal

Thanks for the replys appreciated

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget either that next patch even when doom guard starts to trump Infernal on single target DPS, there may be points were the non dr aoe stun may be clutch.

Something I've been wondering is whether Infernal/Doomguard should be summoned before or after getting heroism? (I've read that before, but shouldn't summoned guardians receive the stats of the owner at the time of the summon or is it just a matter of not wasting dps time under hero to a minion summoning?)
    Last edited by Ibis; 2011-03-22 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibis View Post
    Something I've been wondering is whether Infernal/Doomguard should be summoned before or after getting heroism? (I've read that before, but shouldn't summoned guardians receive the stats of the owner at the time of the summon or is it just a matter of not wasting dps time under hero to a minion summoning?)
    they can gain bloodlust, by gain i mean they grow(bigger) and get red glowy hands and attack faster

Deleted
    Since the new patch is comming for aoe you should use inferno and for single target doomguard.

Quote Originally Posted by figgis View Post
    they can gain bloodlust, by gain i mean they grow(bigger) and get red glowy hands and attack faster
    Yep, but does that mean that they only benefit from hero/bl if they're active when it's cast and only take the base stats of my warlock into consideration when summoned? I.e. temporary buffs you have (when you summon) such as trinkets / bl/hero don't affect the infernal/doomguard at all?

Deleted
    i use infernal everytime.

Doomguard is getting a 4.1 buff, but last time I used doomguard it just stood in one spot doing absolutely nothing.
    So I will continue to use Infernal until I have reason to do otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Infernal is better, but If I don't have time to waste a gcd or the boss is too far away for meteor to hit him I use doomy
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Yeah DG is quicker (instant? cant recall) to cast so during a fight he's easier to pop. Be sure to pop him before BL/TW is set off, your DPS will benefit from it.