Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Old Alterac Valley (you know... the one that was epic and took 2 hours)
    Old Zul'Gurub
    How spec names fit the spec. (example: arms warriors)

A friend made a good point to me recently, it was; "It's more Nostalgia, I used to play One Hour per day and so when I got to go online for that 1hour the game was epic. I never got to play so much it bored me, and hence i just remember it being Epic'.

It really provoked thought in my mind about previous expansions and whether we really are remembering it being good, Or we just nit-pick the epic things we remember to bring back good memories.
    Just a bit of thought provoking for some people out there I personally had no limit on my playtime and i progessed up to BT/hyjal and was playing pretty much all night and I still remember it being amazing.

I just miss real progression. The fact that when you hit level 70, you couldn't just craft a few bits of gear and walk into heroics. You had to farm the dungeons for rep, and since they weren't exactly easy (Depending on the dungeon) you got rep, gear AND you learnt how to play. So when you walked into heroics, you knew how to CC and effectively dps and were mostly pimped out in good enough gear. Then you'd run heroics, which would once again knock you down and you'd learn how to do these effectively and then get enough gear to Raid. You'd run Karazhan/Gruuls/Mag and then move up to TK / SSC once you were ready. And even when BT was released this progression had to happen. You couldn't just run heroics and then walk into BT. Natural progression meant that Heaps of new guilds were formed constantly to start afresh from Karazhan, the community was strong and more importantly, people actually learnt how to play. ZA made things easier, but the dungeon was still difficult and it became the step up from Kara instead of SSC/TK so there was still the progression aspect.

Natural Progression and Attunement quests. I doubt they'll ever bring them back in, but attunement quests are just fantastic. Masters Key for Karazhan, Vials in SSC/TK made the title feel even better and BT.

when i first levelled through vanilla the party was in shattrath, but i'm sure this applied to all the old pros as much as it did me. i miss the cluelessness
    somebody call for d doctor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont miss a thing i look back at it and think shit i wasted alot of time walking from A to B grinding away just to get a mount, 40 mans where are nightmare to organise, top guilds were so stuck up themselves there shit didnt stink.
    Best thing about it was our guild has survived since vanilla, yeah leadership has changed but the name and core base hasn't, but id never go back to old wow
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

I miss my original wow, the only epics were raiders, and field marshals/grand marshals. I had full t2 around the time the aq gates were opened, (feb or march 2006) and I could go into a battleground in my full Nemesis, and fucking destroy anyone. Those long av's where we would summon the bosses, and they were unstoppable back then. Yup, thats alot of what i miss. Of course, i also loved gettin whispers all the time "You look scary" in my t2 lol, id say Thanks!

i liked a few things mainly the more communication between people. these days people use the LFD tool and trade is just anal spam constant or your mum jokes and the rare LFM pug / guild spam. People used to be more friendly at least on my server im guessing its because half the server i am on are casual and casual normally are lied to pvp/ instances and are not looking about as much for groups in trade thus making less chit chat and pleasant communication.

Deleted
    i miss my TM fights with barlow and this other rogue guy :>

Swirly motherfucking ball : ((( WE MISS YOU! RIP SWIRLY BALL

10+ Year Old Account
    The part where people didn't write annoying threads about things they missed in "Old WoW" or whatever it is folk call it these days.
    And I've been playing since vanilla.

On a more serious note: Raiding with 39 other people. That was fun...tedious, but fun.
    Last edited by Jademist; 2011-03-22 at 02:19 AM.

I miss the friends I had and the fun we had right before BC. Just hit 60, sitting in AV queues, bullshitting on vent and chain smoking my ex's smokes while he ignored me to play Counterstrike, flirting with the boys when he wasn't around, watching everyone log on throughout the day and finally all get together to do Strat because there was nothing else for us to do but Strat and AV Eventually flew out to meet one of them, another one proposed to me while he was still married, another is sick now and the last I haven't heard from since he called me a bitch oh so long ago, but thats probably the best time I've had in wow.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss lf a group in trade/lfg channel, hell it was faster then dps ques now adays and you would know who was who and who you could count on to finish instances with.

I miss that one event where everyone were zombies

10+ Year Old Account
    i miss being a nub. i miss exploring the areas where old raids were or how exciting it was when i stumbled upon one of the outdoor dragons for the first time.
    my non-noobish adventures i miss were collecting old epics. even if they were worthless (UBRS anyone?)
    same goes for epic hunter and priest questline.

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing
    ----------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mini98 View Post
    now its kind of like 2 raid days a week...pretty boring.
    That's obviously just you than, you're doing it wrong. :P

I raid 4 days a week on my main and an additional 2 days again for alts if I want to - the same as WotLK when I had two lockouts.

Hardcore attitude > Casual I guess, makes it more entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    I miss lf a group in trade/lfg channel, hell it was faster then dps ques now adays and you would know who was who and who you could count on to finish instances with.
    I tend to use my guild for those reliable members, it's harder to type /g than /2, I know.
    Last edited by taurendeathknight; 2011-03-22 at 02:26 AM.

I miss people not making alts to bitch at me when they get killed on PvP servers.

Quote Originally Posted by harrygoboom View Post
    Having a blissful moment of joy when you got an upgrade/item/other. Nowadays you sort of expect to get something every run. It used to be so much more enjoyable when you did, and the upgrades meant more.
    Example: Doing Molten Core for the first time and just winning T1 bracers off trash made my week/month.
    Doing Ulduar and not getting the item that COULD have dropped, upset me.
    This is just a consequence of increased play time, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is it YOU miss about "Old WoW"?
    People not complaining about how much better it used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    How the horde felt like something decent and honorable rather then some ripoff from warhammer online.
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

1st jump into kara when it was fresh. Guild was brand new just made it and we were clearing 1 boss a weak at the start. God that was awsome, I really miss kara.

10+ Year Old Account
    One very simple thing, that I say every time - the community
    "The truth, my goal."