Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerkx View Post
    I don't know about Norway, but at least here in the states, all three of those are very well known. If someone here knows metal at all, they've at least heard of those. Especially In Flames and Amon Amarth. Great bands though.

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 12:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Toskorae View Post
    lol the first thing this thread make me think of was Hipster Cat :P
    lol, or my favorite, hipster Ariel.

Symphony X; not sure how popular they are now, but I know that I definitely wouldn't have known of them a few years ago if it weren't for an obscure myspace page. I'd recommend it to people who like Progressive Metal/Metal in general--definitely one of my favorite bands

Anyone who is into metal has heard of Symphony X.

Last edited by Eldar45; 2011-04-28 at 04:44 AM.

Tom G. Warrior's new band Triptykon (incase anyone was wondering what he's been up to) covering a couple Celtic Frost favs live:

15+ Year Old Account

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dispatch is coming back after a ten year hiatus and performed last night on Jimmy Fallon with a brand new song. Dispatch may or may not be well-known by the college crowd, but they were wildly popular in my region, and the shaggy one's new band, State Radio, is also one of my favorite bands. They focus on mobilizing their fans as activists in every city they go to.

Dispatch - Melon Bend

State Radio - Knights of Bostonia
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Deleted
    Reckon we should focus on lesser known acts, perhaps with a small description or just a genre? I dont really feel like clicking and skipping through every youtube post without knowing what I might encounter.

For metal fans, if it sounds interesting, check out:
    A Dream of Poe - gothic doom based upon Edgar Allen Poe's poetry.
    A Thousand Years Slavery - deathcore, but more brutal
    Before the Dawn - pretty standard melodeath like Dark Tranquillity, but its good
    Black Sun Aeon - same grunter as BtD^ but more doom/death
    Daylight Dies - pretty much melodeath perfection when it comes to the music, grunts can be a bit monotone/boring
    Diablo Swing Orchestra - rock/metal/opera/classic/humorous=awesome
    Disarmonia Mundi - progressive melodeath, very high paced with 3 different singers. Start at latest album if you prefer high-speed melodeath, at old albums if you prefer progressive
    Doom:VS - solid gothic doom
    Draconian - by far the best, most emotional gothic/doom (male+female singers) with good slow/fast combinations in songs. Must check if you agree that grunts aren't just screaming but a (more) emotional way of singing, and you like lyrics that involve loss of loved ones, death et cetera
    Epicurean - more pretty standard melodeath, but some pretty nice guitarlines
    Fleshgod Apocalypse - brutal technical death metal with classic influences, only for those who like high-speed drums
    The Foreshadowing - gothic doom, very emotional voice on the male singer
    Lethian Dreams - Like Draconian, but a step down, more lucid
    Mors Principum Est - fast melodeath, totally awesome solo's
    Scar Symmetry / Solution .45 - both extremely good melodeath bands
    Soulfallen - personal favourite for faster, more brutal emotional music. Long build-up with violins to crash into a long shriek of fury with drums, guitars, piano and the violin give me the (good) chills. Combination of black (the singing), death (drumming) and doom (piano/violin).
    Swallow the Sun - always proper, death/doom. One of the best grunters
    Transcending Bizarre? - avant-garde black metal, with sometimes movie-ish tunes, and like the name says, often bizarre

Pff, yeah, I hope that helps some newer metal fans with some lesser known bands. They deserve more attention.