Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Zombie games ( of the dead )

Hey guys.
    Latelty I've been watching some zombie movies. Dawn of the dead, Land of the dead, 28 weeks later...you know.
    Anyone know if there is any zombie games out yet ? Like good ones where you gotta run away from infected or zombies. Just trying to survive thats all...like in the movies.
    Singleplayer,co-op or even multiplayer.

Anyone have any suggestions ? I'm willing to pay a lot of money for a decent zombie game.

10+ Year Old Account
    What you are looking for are Left 4 Dead 2, for sure... and at least one mate and some voice chat. Then there are loads of fun in grinding though zombies with or without a goal.
    It are build around a 4 person survival in a post zombie infected world, and you and your mates need to escape. Build to be played in teams of 4 players, but can still be loads of fun for down to just 2 persons.

Signature by Elysia
    "When there is no peril in the fight, there is no glory in the triumph."

Deleted
    Left 4 dead is fun, but its not the traditional slow zombies. They are fast and the game has all sorts of monsters.

Deleted
    In case you get tired of fighting the undead you should try out; Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel without a Pulse - it's nice humor and the boss fights are rather fun as well.

I will vouche for both Left 4 dead 2 (hell even on one player, it's really fun as long as you play ellis, "my friend kenny" always get me) and Stubbs the zombie (very humorous, the sound track is sweet with bands like Cake doing songs in that)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Lorewise... how is it possible for a rogue or a warrior to res someone? A hunter ressing a feral druid I can understand but.. eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Crusade View Post
    Clearly the rogue stabs them with a poison that revives, and the warrior yells at them until they get up.

Quote Originally Posted by lungo View Post
    What you are looking for are Left 4 Dead 2, for sure... and at least one mate and some voice chat. Then there are loads of fun in grinding though zombies with or without a goal.
    It are build around a 4 person survival in a post zombie infected world, and you and your mates need to escape. Build to be played in teams of 4 players, but can still be loads of fun for down to just 2 persons.
    Basically this. Left 4 Dead is one of my favorite games, and has excellent singleplayer, multiplayer co-op, and competitive/versus multiplayer (where you can actually be one of the special infected, which is pretty fun). It's been the source of many hours of fun with my buds. There's also a modding community, so if you get bored of the regular campaigns, you can find some nice user-made ones.

Deleted

Wont be out till august though

10+ Year Old Account
    Plants vs Zombies! 8D

There's a game Killing Zone, I think... or Killing Floor.
    And the obvious recommendation, go play Resident Evil 2/3/4/5/Code: Veronica. (I don't like the vanilla one)

i have to admit, i laughed at OT title:

Zombie games ( of the DEAD)

Duude if you like zombie games you are really lucky!

Some of the best game developers in the industry, that worked at Blizzard on WoW, SC, and D2 as well as at ArenaNet on Guild Wars are currently making a Zombie MMO that will run on consoles.

Check it out: http://undeadlabs.com

They'll make an awesome game, I'm 100% sure, you need to watch those guys.

Nothing against Dead Island, but that cinematic trailer was very very misleading.

I still think you're best bet is Left 4 Dead, or Left 4 Dead 2. The zombies are fast, but the goal of each mission reminds me of your typical zombie movie where you are here, and your trying to get somewhere else looking for a way out. All the while trying to survive. The goal isn't to kill all the zombies, it's to outrun them long enough to get to your destination. Dead Rising could also be an option if you really want slow zombies, but in Dead Rising you pretty much go against the zombie apocalypse rules and go killing as many as possible, instead of running away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashpotaters View Post
    Nothing against Dead Island, but that cinematic trailer was very very misleading.
    well maybe.. but it's a trailer, not a gameplay movie.. and it's a great trailer!! game seems nice from what I've read about it too

Deleted
    Left4Dead, Resident Evil, Dead Rising 1/2
    Or Plants VS Zombies!

10+ Year Old Account
    Left 4 Dead is a horrible game. Plants vs. Zombies, also a horrible game. You can't go wrong with any Resident Evil game. The Dead Island trailer looks great, but I haven't seen anything about the game play.

ahh good old res evil aparantly you cna get the earlier games on psp now...idk if its legal thou

10+ Year Old Account
    im honestly shocked no one mentioned the dead rising games. dead rising 2 is amazing and gave me the closest sense that i was playing and "of the dead" movie. also if you dont wanna shell out the cash for the full games the downloadable dead rising:case zero and case west are cheap alternatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    not a game, but I would highly recommend you find a way to watch AMCs "The Walking Dead". phenominal series.

---------- Post added 2011-03-22 at 05:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KidCracken View Post

Wont be out till august though
    that trailor (though ive seen it before) gives me chills dude. that is so fucking morbid. I speculate that game will be the biggest mind fuck ever. Throwing your own kid out the window and she tears out your neck? *shudders*. I'm gonna go watch some hello kitty with mine now >_<
    Last edited by Orodoth; 2011-03-22 at 09:52 PM.
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

I don't think L4D is what the OP is looking for at all. Sounds more like he's looking for a zombie game that focuses more on scavenging and surviving and avoiding the zombies rather than getting a high powered machine gun and tearing through hundreds of them like in L4D.

Red Dead Redemption with the Undead Nightmare pack has excellent reviews (both the game and the pack).

I've been playing Black Ops zombies. It's acctually pretty cool, but insanely repetitive.