Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanjin View Post
    Inaccuracy in TV shows sucks, really. At least they should try to get their info straight before shooting. I mean, in one of the latest Big Bang Theory episodes Sheldon says something about the first Harry Potter movie and he says "sorcerer's stone" instead of "philosopher's stone". It just makes the show look cheap to be honest. It bugs me.
    Considering the show takes place in California and both the book and movie had their titles changed to "Sorcerer's Stone" for American audiences because editors didn't think American children would understand the Philosopher Stone reference, Sheldon's statement was accurate.

Inaccuracy in TV shows sucks, really. At least they should try to get their info straight before shooting. I mean, in one of the latest Big Bang Theory episodes Sheldon says something about the first Harry Potter movie and he says "sorcerer's stone" instead of "philosopher's stone". It just makes the show look cheap to be honest. It bugs me.
    The book was titles Sorcerers stone in some countries (I believe America for one).

Inaccuracy in forum rants sucks, really. At least they should try to get their info straight before posting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha for real? What the hell is a sorcerer's stone? :P
    The same thing as a Philosopher's stone.... they just changed the name due to American publishers thinking "Sorcerer" would be easier to understand than "Philosopher" to the American public.

Deleted
    sorcerer's stone is the american title friend, dunno why they chose to rename the book instead of keeping it as philosopher's stone, maybe it's because they thought it didn't make sense as philosophy doesn't really have much to do with magic, more to do with questioning why things are the way they are and if they are actually as our eyes see them

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blandar View Post
    sorcerer's stone is the american title friend, dunno why they chose to rename the book instead of keeping it as philosopher's stone, maybe it's because they thought it didn't make sense as philosophy doesn't really have much to do with magic, more to do with questioning why things are the way they are and if they are actually as our eyes see them
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosopher%27s_stone

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blandar View Post
    FYI a philosopher's stone is an IRL reference, it wasn't invented in the book. And for the rest of you, I was wrong about that, but inaccuracy occurs frequently in TV shows ESPECIALLY when refering to the "nerdier" subjects.