Thread: pala tank

pala tank

Hi everybody,

Does somebody know a good tank build for pve?
    And what do i need to reforge into what for tank?

Taytan

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t110338-..._2011_4_0_6_a/

This will answer most of your questions and give you a lot of good information on the spec in general.
    Warrior: Darkmourn - US Cenarius
    Shaman: Darkshocks - US Cenarius
    Rogue: Darkmorn - US Cenarius

ok, i will take a look a that, thanks for the quick answer

10+ Year Old Account
    mastery is number one stat just btw, all gems and reforging should go into this after u get ur dodge and parry as close together as u can get them to get DR even

I would take their example spec choices there on EJ with a grain of salt, most of them are terribly misguided. The whole thing sounds it was written by somebody who was just theoretically looking at the trees and numbers, and not actually involved in practical play.

---------- Post added 2011-03-22 at 05:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    mastery is number one stat just btw, all gems and reforging should go into this after u get ur dodge and parry as close together as u can get them to get DR even
    This is controversial. There is nothing wrong with putting 60 stam in blue sockets and stam/parry or stam/mastery in those respective socket colors. Objectively mastery is superior to dodge/parry point for point once over about 952 dodge or parry rating (which any reasonably-geared levelcapped tank will be at already), but making mastery vs stam claims is very debatable.
    Last edited by underdogba; 2011-03-22 at 05:29 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, i have a question about this...

My pally tank is 60 and i wish have a spec for tank, for leveling, because the spec on EJ is for raiding and dont know if i can use it for leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bijin View Post
    Hello, i have a question about this...

My pally tank is 60 and i wish have a spec for tank, for leveling, because the spec on EJ is for raiding and dont know if i can use it for leveling.
    You can use the same spec as a raider, with the only difference that 2/2 Hallowed Ground is very useful for running 5-mans and aoe'ing down quest mobs, and it's a talent that a lot of raiding paladins will chose to skip.

I use this spec for both 5-mans and raiding, and in place of Pursuit of Justice I use the stam/runspeed boot enchant.

http://wowtal.com/#k=-e4zBjZF.ala.paladin.
    Last edited by underdogba; 2011-03-22 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...rb_v=viewtopic

This is actually probably one of the best places to look for basic tanking info, it really really irks me that elitist jerks took about 3 months to bother changing expertise and hit from priority stats to being lowest priority.

The only thing I would contest is that Hallowed ground and consecrate glyph are pretty decent for tanking the adds on Maloriak.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ty for tips i read some on maintankadin

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't implying that the EJ post was the only way to do things... I felt it would answer most of his initial questions though since it answered mine (my main is a prot warrior, but I recently started a pally alt and wanted to know more about them). I guess the first question to any post, especially one about tanking, where the OP is asking for guidance should be "what is your intent, and where are you now". Almost every question you could ask has multiple answers. The "correct" answer is determined by the questions above.

If you were normally ret and raiding week to week but had to start tanking a fight here and there, I would give you one set of answers. If you were a fresh 85 whose only goal was to chain pull heroics, I would give you a different set of answers.

@ Taytan - if you are going to run mainly heroic dungeons, especially with the way most randoms want them to be run, Hallowed Ground is very good as they are mostly AoE fests at this point. I would also take the first tier points in WoG not taking HP until 4.1 at least.
    Warrior: Darkmourn - US Cenarius
    Shaman: Darkshocks - US Cenarius
    Rogue: Darkmorn - US Cenarius