Fishing with a laptop/notebook trackpad

Just for the record this is NOT ME.

A guildie uses a laptop to play and insists using a track pad on the laptop is easier to move the fishing cursor/bobber than a mouse.

This all came up during a guild session for guild achievement.

Surely a mouse would be easier more efficient and less 'finger strain' ?

I use both, and don't really see an advantage either way. I just switch when I'm laying back on my couch and don't have my mouse attached. Hotkeying cast makes things easier, but I've never noticed a difference between using a mouse or a trackpad other than where your hand is resting.

Deleted
    Personally use whatever I feel like. Even raid while using the trackpad if I'm too lazy to get up from the couch. Having everything on keybind makes it easier of course.

15+ Year Old Account
    I used to raid/dungeon/fish/whatever else on my old MacBook Pro's trackpad. Hell I'm not sure I even owned a mouse for two years. I'd just lay down on my stomach with a pillow under my chest and play for hours. Unfortunately, I failed to think about the lack of ventilation under the laptop which lead to some major heat issues. I'm not sure if fishing is faster that way, and let's be honest it's not like the second and a half to right click a bobber is the slow part of the profession. I will admit using the track pad for mundane tasks like fishing is really nice when you wanna kick back on the couch and half pay attention.

mouse > trackpad.
    it's just so much quicker, but i guess it does take a while for the bobber to..bob

15+ Year Old Account
    I like just setting fishing to the side button on my mouse so I can do the whole operation one handed while hardly paying attention. Also note I'm not recommending you reserve a side button for fishing, you just need to set up a macro that casts fishing while you have a pole equipped, and a normal combat ability otherwise (I have mine set up with colossus smash).

It is easier, and I fished from 1-450 using a trackpad when sitting in the hospital with my dad. Turn your sound up, cast the bobber, position cursor over bobber, watch tv, click the button when you hear a swish.

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    I used to raid/dungeon/fish/whatever else on my old MacBook Pro's trackpad. Hell I'm not sure I even owned a mouse for two years. I'd just lay down on my stomach with a pillow under my chest and play for hours. Unfortunately, I failed to think about the lack of ventilation under the laptop which lead to some major heat issues. I'm not sure if fishing is faster that way, and let's be honest it's not like the second and a half to right click a bobber is the slow part of the profession. I will admit using the track pad for mundane tasks like fishing is really nice when you wanna kick back on the couch and half pay attention.
    Win. I don't think PC users will ever understand how sublime the newer Macbook Pro trackpads are, especially for WoW. It's as close to effortless as an interface can possibly get.