15+ Year Old Account

*Ask the Devs #2 PvP*

So after reading the entirety of the latest developer Q&A, I found this particular tidbit interesting:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

• The kit of the Frost mage is to have a lot of control and emergency buttons. This gives them a high skill cap, both in that it can be hard to stop a good Frost mage and it can be hard for less skilled PvP players to handle even a decent Frost mage. At the high end of PvP, we think Frost mages are balanced. It’s everything below that where they can be frustrating to handle. We need to figure out ways to affect the latter without affecting the former. One solution is to take some of their control away, but make some of the remaining abilities undispellable. Those spells are always dispelled in high-end games, but less often in lower-end games.
    Now, the removal of control is already being put into effect with SB and Imp CoC FINALLY being on the same DR, but having certain abilities be undispellable is an intriguing one. If I had to take a guess, I'd say Imp CoC would be made undispellable due to its range restriction and short duration, but I'm curious if there are other things that would get tweaked/changed.

Any thoughts?
    BfA Beta Time

Im going to have to wait and see, alot of possibilities out there, this will be intresting to watch tho...

From the way it's phrased I don't think SB and Imp CoC sharing DR is the reduced control they're talking about. They'd probably have to take away a bit more before adding anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    From the way it's phrased I don't think SB and Imp CoC sharing DR is the reduced control they're talking about. They'd probably have to take away a bit more before adding anything.
    I'd be happy with a 2-3 second reduction of the Nova and Freeze roots.
    BfA Beta Time

my first guess would be a bunch of the fire spells, but for frost i'd assume probably chill seeings as its free instant healing for shamans right now -.-

I don't like the reason for the change, but as long as it doesn't make mages garbage in high ratings just so bad people can beat us then I won't mind whatever they change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    I don't like the reason for the change, but as long as it doesn't make mages garbage in high ratings just so bad people can beat us then I won't mind whatever they change.
    People have been asking for dispel protection for a long time now, but I'd still have some form of active protection rather than something being simply undispellable. If they would give me Winter's Chill back...I'd be a happy camper.
    BfA Beta Time

wouldn't it be delicious if it was deep freeze that got undispellable? highly unlikely, but it would be awesome. I'm with you swizzle, i think they'll put it on imp CoC.