Computer help needed

is the nVidia 7800 better or worse then the Nvidia Geforce 6150SE nforce 430
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.
    To True.

In the same manner that a Lamborghini Diablo is better than a Ford Pinto.

It'll be a hell of a lot faster, ridiculously so, but it's an old card. Do you have one laying around, or are you thinking of buying one, or what?
    Last edited by Nellah; 2011-03-22 at 08:16 PM.
    Super casual.

i was thinking about upgrading my comp for under 100 you have any suggestions?
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.
    To True.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trickster0306 View Post
    i was thinking about upgrading my comp for under 100 you have any suggestions?
    Save more money.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Not a 7800, that's too old to spend more than about $25 on. There are many options. A key deciding factor is what the rest of your computer is, though.

Are you running a pre-built OEM like Gateway or HP? If so, what's the model number? If you're already doing a custom build, list the specs so we can work out a good upgrade for you.
    Super casual.

pre built and the model number is s5304y
    To True.

That's a low profile tower case, so you're very limited upgrade wise. Your best option is:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-923-_-Product

Radeon HD 5670, 512MB VRAM, low profile card.

Only other option is buying a new computer; start saving your money
    Super casual.

Thanks for the help, i think ill save more money like you suggested
    To True.

Sure thing.

Keep in mind that if you're looking for a performance boost right now in video games, the HD 5670 will be leaps and bounds better than the 6150SE you're using and the 7800 you were looking to get; a new computer will probably be in the $500+ range for a decent setup. It all depends on how much you want more performance versus how quickly you can save the money.
    Super casual.

what im gonna do is save money for the rest of the year and for Christmas ill get my self a nice gaming setup all i would need to get is a nice tower i have everything else
    To True.