Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldfiredragon View Post
    On 10m, 25m much different story
    on normal mode. 25 man is just as easy. You just gotta put in more time and effort for positioning.

We 10 manned p3 on our first kill. ( on 25 man naturally).

Normal mode is normal mode, especially on 10m. Try on 25 or any boss any 10H and you'll change your tune...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliq View Post
    The normal version is a pushover on both 10 & 25.
    Very much this. And everyone knows that this particular fight is easier on H 10s rather than 25s but most fights are not. None of that has anything to do with the topic though, so can we not turn this into a 10s vs. 25 thread?

The only "hard" part about this fight is P1, so if you get through that and have enough people in P2 to kill the adds when needed and dps the boss then its really simple. The last phase seems a little hard at first when you have to get used to the stupid (imo) flying around mechanic but once you have it down you could do it with just a couple people left as long as they are good at dodging stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by coldfiredragon View Post
    On 10m, 25m much different story
    Gratz son, want me to compare the rest of the fights too?

OT: Gratz on the kill, but from personal experience, as long as you get to phase three it's a kill as long as pople dont screw up your clouds too much.

Whatever, let the bitter 25manners have Al'Akir (and Council to a lesser extent). The other 11 bosses are harder on 10man, so stfu.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixbow View Post
    No one who is seriously raiding 10m is all that "comfortable" considering how much more unforgiving the majority of 10m hard modes are than their 25m counterpart. Thankfully some recent tuning has brought some fights more in line, but it's still not like 10m hard modes are a walk in the park.
    However that's irrelevant to the topic, Al'Akir is so much easier on 10 man on both heroic and normal I can't even put it into words

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 01:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Viros View Post
    The other 11 bosses are harder on 10man, so stfu.
    Do you actually believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by Viros View Post
    Whatever, let the bitter 25manners have Al'Akir (and Council to a lesser extent). The other 11 bosses are harder on 10man, so stfu.
    I'm sure your amazing raiding experience adds a great deal of value to your statements.

Quote Originally Posted by sagan-man View Post
    However that's irrelevant to the topic, Al'Akir is so much easier on 10 man on both heroic and normal I can't even put it into words

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 01:00 PM ----------

Do you actually believe that?
    Perhaps before the recent nerfs to Omnitron and V&T. Otherwise, yes, they are. Hell, Sinestra is still unkilled, lol. Only reason she's dead on KR servers is because of supposed Dark Simulacron bug still working there. Still waiting for that world first.

10+ Year Old Account
    MOD NOTE: Do not turn this into a 10s vs 25s. This is not what the topic is about.

Just be thankful you don't have 1/2 the raid DC during P2->P3 transition. We have that every attempt and are still yet to kill him even with 10 people alive going into P3. Known issue by Blizzard and they are yet to fix it. We've spent probably 4 partial raid nights trying to get some luck and subbing people out that DC regularly but it just keeps happening.

Our own experiences of this fight show that you can easily outgear it. Our first kill we had to worry about getting feedback perfectly stacked up to 6-7, failure to do so meant we probably wouldn't make it due to acid rain just causing too much damage. Now we can quite happily fuck up the feedback and just outheal the acid rain for a long, long time. Our DPS also means we generally only get 1 wind burst in phase 1, pretty much the only troublesome mechanic of that phase. Once you get to phase 3, he is just dead. Maybe part of this is down to actually knowing the mechanics well, but I am pretty convinced that he is 100x easier purely because of gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    People tend to overrate gear a lot. My 10man guild is on 5/13 HC and most of it was done in mostly blues.

Something is definitely wrong about your raid if you find al akir so much easier than cho gall. No offence but cho gall is objectively just so much easier I can hardly believe what you'r saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Something is definitely wrong about your raid if you find al akir so much easier than cho gall. No offence but cho gall is objectively just so much easier I can hardly believe what you'r saying.
    That's not an objective statement at all, its personal opinion. If you had pulled some statistics on the number of guilds who had killed both and more had killed Cho'gall than you could say that overall its an easier fight for more people, but what is best for an individual guild will vary quite a bit depending on comp and the strengths/weakness of their particular players. But really the moral of the story is not to claim an opinion is fact.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    heroic mode as well.
    Well I'd say that al'akir is anyways one of the easiest bosses to outgear since both "dangerous" phases are largely depending on your ability to pull out damage. The shorter the first phase the lower the risk of somebody screwing up the windburst and the first phase is the hardest part of the encounter anyways.
    How many guilds have actually killed Al'Akir on heroic 10 or 25 man?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of the first time we downed Alakir, 10% left and it was just me (holy paladin) and the tank (prot paladin) alive because people derped the clouds.

he still died. >BD

10+ Year Old Account
    The change they made to tornadoes made the fight a lot easier imo. Once people get in the groove on this fight, its really not hard.

This fight is all about tornado lines.

If you can handle these, you're pretty much set for success. P3 is just a joke. Stack up every one, move up to the head, Rods out of the raid, go down then go top again, profit !

Anyway GZ on the kill

I hate you. My 'hardcore' (lol) 25 man guild can't kill him, even on 10 man... wtf inorite. Gawd we're so bad....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    That's not an objective statement at all, its personal opinion. If you had pulled some statistics on the number of guilds who had killed both and more had killed Cho'gall than you could say that overall its an easier fight for more people, but what is best for an individual guild will vary quite a bit depending on comp and the strengths/weakness of their particular players. But really the moral of the story is not to claim an opinion is fact.
    From wowprogress.com

Cho'gall: 18729 (37.47%)
    Al'Akir: 14184 (28.38%)

And yes, it varies depending on the comp/strengths of the team etc. But some fights are just plainly easier than others. Same deal here, anyone will tell you that. Also the last thing you should do is comment on difficulty of the encounters you didnt do if your sig is up to date.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2011-03-23 at 03:34 PM.