Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Buffing Frost Mages is like ordering a pizza while you just had one...
    But you can't go wrong with two pizzas!

Deleted
    Feels pretty good,nice to see mages in high end arena will be able to outheal my recuperate when being trained,dispelled to the ground,wich they are all freaking game
    i know it and blizzard knows it quoting

"The kit of the Frost mage is to have a lot of control and emergency buttons. This gives them a high skill cap, both in that it can be hard to stop a good Frost mage and it can be hard for less skilled PvP players to handle even a decent Frost mage. At the high end of PvP, we think Frost mages are balanced. It’s everything below that where they can be frustrating to handle. We need to figure out ways to affect the latter without affecting the former. One solution is to take some of their control away, but make some of the remaining abilities undispellable. Those spells are always dispelled in high-end games, but less often in lower-end games.
    "

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only hope this buff also comes with a huge controll nerf or something like they implied in the last Q&A

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The kit of the Frost mage is to have a lot of control and emergency buttons. This gives them a high skill cap, both in that it can be hard to stop a good Frost mage and it can be hard for less skilled PvP players to handle even a decent Frost mage. At the high end of PvP, we think Frost mages are balanced. It’s everything below that where they can be frustrating to handle. We need to figure out ways to affect the latter without affecting the former. One solution is to take some of their control away, but make some of the remaining abilities undispellable. Those spells are always dispelled in high-end games, but less often in lower-end games.
    Otherwise i have no clue why frost mages deserved any ANY sort of buff. They are already extremely powerfull against any melee so.......
    Last edited by schippie; 2011-03-23 at 01:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linaver View Post
    Active frost mage here, not needed at all. Gief fire some love instead blizz, kk thx.
    Agree with this guy

Blizzard is master troll

Q: With the proliferation of spell interrupts and other control mechanisms, and the ever-increasing value of mobility, how do the developers plan to successfully move casters away from instant casts and make hard casting in PvP more viable? – Maldramere (North America/ANZ)

A: It will require several changes. We feel these changes will ultimately make the game better, but they are big, scary changes, so they aren’t the kind of thing we can just make in patch 4.1. For starters, we need to make instant spells less powerful. The fact that they are instant should be the big thing those spells have going for them, because immunity from interruption and the ability to shoot and scoot are gigantic advantages. Those spells don’t need anything else to be attractive. Secondly, we need to tone down the role of interrupts and silences so that casters are actually casting their spells more often. We’ll also have to look at crowd control, because once you can’t interrupt every Polymorph being cast, you’re going to spend a lot of time as a sheep. Ghostcrawler has an upcoming blog in which he speculates about this issue a bit more.

* Fingers of Frost bonus damage applied to Ice Lance has been increased to 25%, up from 15%.
    Last edited by mustangzs2; 2011-03-23 at 01:46 AM.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Needed on PVE side. PTR is PTR and not final, subject to change, blah blah blah. We'll get some CC taken away soon enough. If not, then I guess you can cry then. Until then, wait it out.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Frostbolt buff I can definitly understand, not so much the Fingers of Frost buff. I thought the direction they were headed was "More hardcasting - Nerf Instants".

But hey, if the buff stays there (which it wont), i'll be playing my Mage a little bit more.

and this. Mages arn't actually that good at the moment, and even Blizzard said in the Q+A they suffer at high-end Arena.
    Blizzard JUST said in the Q+A that mages are FINE in high end arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Needed on PVE side. PTR is PTR and not final, subject to change, blah blah blah. We'll get some CC taken away soon enough. If not, then I guess you can cry then. Until then, wait it out.
    nah, it's the new way devs found to do the least amount of work.
    Buff something that doesn't need buffing. Test is, and revert the changes 1 week before patch hits.
    What you get is people happy not to see something live, and forgetting the fact that they haven't change anything in the end.
    Nice strategy really, you got to admit, almost better than removing raids from the game you know people love, just so you can re implement them in game and call it new content.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

bring back pvp talents, the one that decrease movement impairing by 15/30% when talented, same with stuns and fears like it was back in wrath or change the base root/cc length from its current 8s to 6s

u cant have ur cake and eat it too, either have control or burst, not both

n/m redacted
    Last edited by azuleau; 2011-03-23 at 01:44 AM. Reason: retraction

Quote Originally Posted by mustangzs2 View Post
    Blizzard JUST said in the Q+A that mages are FINE in high end arena.
    trusting blizz is like trusting a politician to be truthful

back in wrath certain classes was op in the lower end bracket but moderately represented in high end, but still end up receiving nerfs cos they were op in those brackets

Quote Originally Posted by Khwaj View Post
    trusting blizz is like trusting a politician to be truthful

back in wrath certain classes was op in the lower end bracket but moderately represented in high end, but still end up receiving nerfs cos they were op in those brackets
    The thing is, everyone, including most sensible mages, realizes that they are in a fine position, if not op.

Blizzard have seriously, no doubt, gone retard mode since cata has launched..

Seriously, take a look at this.

Frost mage control is too high. (Damage too low aswell)
    Nerf their dmg. (This was previous patch notes)

Feral druid dmg too high.
    Nerf their control. (Root breaking)

Warrior dmg too high.
    Keep the dmg, no wait, BUFF the dmg but nerf their mobillity by just a teeny tiny bit.

At least now they are starting to do just a little bit right by buffing mage damage and nerfing their control. But still, i wouldn't mind if mages got even more nerfed on all the slows 'n snares 'n such, if only they did rely on it so much.

Deleted
    For starters, we need to make instant spells less powerful.

* Fingers of Frost bonus damage applied to Ice Lance has been increased to 25%, up from 15%.
    I love you :>

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    I love you :>
    Apparently, Blizzard doesn't include mages in their Q+A section. They have their own rules, anything that even resembles a nerf does not apply to mages.

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 02:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wizie View Post
    Blizzard have seriously, no doubt, gone retard mode since cata has launched..

Seriously, take a look at this.

Frost mage control is too high. (Damage too low aswell)
    Nerf their dmg. (This was previous patch notes)

Feral druid dmg too high.
    Nerf their control. (Root breaking)

Warrior dmg too high.
    Keep the dmg, no wait, BUFF the dmg but nerf their mobillity by just a teeny tiny bit.

At least now they are starting to do just a little bit right by buffing mage damage and nerfing their control. But still, i wouldn't mind if mages got even more nerfed on all the slows 'n snares 'n such, if only they did rely on it so much.
    They got 3 buffs (ice lance, frostbolt, ice barrier) while receiving ONE minor nerf. This is extreme overcompensation

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post

Now, a full Shatter combo would deal 31,857 damage in 2 seconds, coming out to 15,929 DPS.
    Yes that is a problem when you have chain CC sheep'd the healer and a melee cant even get an attack on you much less int your 2 second cast frostbolt thats when its a problem we don't all play full ranged team's but by the looks of it we are going to have too, I guess we could all try double healer again for the constant despells but that has never been fun nor in the spirit.

I love watching people get so upset over this. It's a video game. The fact that some people are getting so upset by things like this and are quitting and deleting their gear and whatnot makes me laugh even more. Cry harder. THIS VIDEO GAME IS SERIOUS STUFF.

10+ Year Old Account
    They got 3 buffs (ice lance, frostbolt, ice barrier) while receiving ONE minor nerf. This is extreme overcompensation
    So it might seem. But bear in mind they're nerfing what is already absurdly good in a mage, while buffing what is lacking a bit. It makes sense to me, evening it out. It also makes it much easier to balance frost for PvE that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    So it might seem. But bear in mind they're nerfing what is already absurdly good in a mage, while buffing what is lacking a bit. It makes sense to me, evening it out. It also makes it much easier to balance frost for PvE that way.
    What I am mainly saying is, mages will still do FINE with kiting with DR on CoC / Shattered barrier. This minor nerf is completely overcompensated by a 10% buff to both nukes AND a survivability increase.

Deleted
    Frost bolt did need a bit of a buff , the 10% will help . people saying its Op are probably palas that were enjoying there time in Wotlk . before they got there nerf :P