Poll: What mode do you use?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Fullscreen Windowed

Just curious who else here only plays games strictly in "Fullscreen Borderless/Fullscreen Windowed" mode.

If you don't, post why!

I will later be posting a guide on how to do this even with games that don't support it! (First gen Steam HL2 games, TF2+ and onwards do support)
    Last edited by ayako; 2011-03-23 at 01:07 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only play WoW on Fullscreen Windowed. Everything else is just fullscreen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it gives me better FPS >.> No idea as to why, but it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do, quicker alt-tabbing while my 2nd monitor is the the fritz

Deleted
    Fullscreen Windowed because i have 2 screens. Fullscreen windowed means faster alt tabbing.

i love fullscreen windowed so I can have wowhead on my 2nd 19" monitor and WoW on my 23"

/cheer

Happy at the number of people who use the superior setting. Its great being able to shift focus to other windows without issue!

I actually use this setting with every game I can get it working with!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play full-screen windowed because I have my computer hooked up to my TV, and it's the only way I can really play without too much strain. Also, as many others have mentioned, alt tabbing is made much quicker.

I do. It's the only way to play imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Klora View Post
    I play full-screen windowed because I have my computer hooked up to my TV, and it's the only way I can really play without too much strain. Also, as many others have mentioned, alt tabbing is made much quicker.
    While technically true, true fullscreen would look EXACTLY the same if you were not to alt tab or something to that liking. It DOES require that you run the game at the native resolution of whatever your desktop setting is, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Running D3D11 + Fullscreen then alt tabbing isn't fun... so I just run Fullscreen Windowed.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Fullscreen or bust. If I can't run it at fullscreen on max, I wasn't meant to play it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    Fullscreen or bust. If I can't run it at fullscreen on max, I wasn't meant to play it :P
    I'm not sure you know what fullscreen windowed borderless is :|

It looks just the same as fullscreen @ max resolution, until you try to alt tab, then its apparent

I play on non fullscreen windowed, with no title bar visible on top, but only the taskbar on the bottom. It's nice to have your msn convos and such easily visible without having to tab all the time. Not everyone has 2 screens. A single 24" will have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    I'm not sure you know what fullscreen windowed borderless is :|

It looks just the same as fullscreen @ max resolution, until you try to alt tab, then its apparent
    Oh, I know what fullscreen borderless is, but even then I can tell it's technically windowed and I can't stand that >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    Oh, I know what fullscreen borderless is, but even then I can tell it's technically windowed and I can't stand that >.<
    O.o

I guess it serves as a deterrent to tabbing in a boss fight though

Used to be ONLY a fullscreen borderless player, that was on my old shitty computer, then I realized I needed to start multi tasking and I got a better computer so I went fullscreen windowed and found out how AMAZING it is. If you don't like it, try it and give it a chance, it is soooo much better than borderless.

Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    O.o

I guess it serves as a deterrent to tabbing in a boss fight though
    See, when I play something in fullscreen windowed borderless, even when I line it up *perfectly*, I can still see my desktop peeking out of the edges, juuuuuust barely. Ruins my immersion in a game :P Though I don't play WoW anymore, I used to run it windows just for better framerates during raids, never got immersed at all in a raid environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    full-screened windowed, but i play with 2 monitors.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't play without being in windowed mode. I start getting all jittery from the lack of multi-tasking.