Haste vs Crit....MMO vs Elitist Jerks

Hello,

I play a feral druid and I have never been real big on figuring out how all the math works, I leave that to you fine people :P, my question comes down to which is better Crit or haste for Feral druids. In the MMO kitty guide I remember the EP values of crit being slightly better then haste (i checked today to find out they are 1.90 for both) but on Elitist Jerks they state that Haste is quite a bit better then Crit (sorry can't remember the exact numbers). The only difference I can find is that MMO's guide uses values with BiS T11 for 10 man whereas I believe Elitist was for BiS 25 man. Does this actually make a difference to what stat is better? Is Haste the new ArPen (the more of it you have the better it is)? All in all, Which is better Crit or Haste (with a focus on 10 man content)? Thank you for all your time and constructive feedback.

-Walkingbeef

Rawr druid is fully cataclysm functional, I would personally recommend using that to customize to your current gear level. One thing I do know is for DoT classes (including feral bleeds) haste has certain "benchmarks", if you can get one more tick from your DoT haste is very powerful, but for the stretches in between it is much less powerful.

If you bother to do any research at all you'll realise which is best for you completely depends on your current gear.

From either this website or EJ.

Deleted
    Haste pulls slightly ahead of crit when you are in close to BiS 359 with some 372 items.
    Either use something like rawr to calculate stat values or simply stick with crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    Rawr druid is fully cataclysm functional, I would personally recommend using that to customize to your current gear level. One thing I do know is for DoT classes (including feral bleeds) haste has certain "benchmarks", if you can get one more tick from your DoT haste is very powerful, but for the stretches in between it is much less powerful.
    There are no benchmarks for haste for ferals since haste does not effect feral bleeds.

The relative value of haste will depend on your agi levels (IE the overall item level of your gear), and whether you have Unheeded Warning or not.
    God is a comedian playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh. ~ Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    If you bother to do any research at all you'll realise which is best for you completely depends on your current gear.

From either this website or EJ.
    I thought it was apparent that I have done my research....and now am confused at where this "current gear" line in the sand is drawn.

A reminder to OP:
    "...guide uses values with BiS T11 for 10 man whereas I believe Elitist was for BiS 25 man. Does this actually make a difference to what stat is better?..."

I am sorry if in my research I have missed where this has been clearly stated but considering you seem to know where this information has been posted I would very much appreciate a link at the very least. Thank you for your time and posting a response.

Download Mew, and plug in your stats and find out which is better for your current gearset. When you hit calculate, there is two tabs, dps and stat weights.

I no longer consider any Formulation for Cat DPS to be accurate enough, and that includes both Rawr.Cat and Mew-ToskkFormulation. Mew-Simulation is the preferred method for obtaining your own EPs.

If you use Mew, make sure you set it to use Simulation.

Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    I no longer consider any Formulation for Cat DPS to be accurate enough, and that includes both Rawr.Cat and Mew-ToskkFormulation. Mew-Simulation is the preferred method for obtaining your own EPs.

If you use Mew, make sure you set it to use Simulation.
    Thank you for this suggestion, Just tried it out and found that at my gear lvl (ilvl 351) Crit is .539 and haste is .526. So this gives me my answer. Thank you for all the reply's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingbeef View Post
    Thank you for this suggestion, Just tried it out and found that at my gear lvl (ilvl 351) Crit is .539 and haste is .526. So this gives me my answer. Thank you for all the reply's.
    At your gear level, crit is correct. For the whole haste vs. crit argument, it comes down to your gear. Crit is much better at lower levels, however, haste becomes better once you get into higher gear levels.(360+) The reason that the two sites are giving different numbers, is becasue MMO is basing their values off of the lower gear levels, as it is meant to help many of the newer feral players. Elitis Jerks is assuming that people are extremely geared when they go there, so they say haste is better to match the higher gear level.
    Last edited by Voytrekk; 2011-03-23 at 03:33 PM.

Got a question for any of you about mew - My ilvl is 357, when i plug in all my info and calculate using the experimental simulator, its showing me haste is .748, crit is .715 & mastery is .822. I assume becasue mastery is the higher number i should reforge to that, correct? I dont think im reading it right though, how much should i reforge to haste or mastery?
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

Epoch, Mastery is definitely still the highest, however, many recommendations are that you do not reforge one other stat to mastery. That other stat is either Crit or haste. As a kitty you should always reforge hit or expertise (or in some aberrant gear, dodge) to mastery. The question is on gear which already has mastery, what other stat is the next most valuable.

It seems unless you are already well into Heroics, the answer is crit, so if you already have mastery, reforge hit/exp to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solux View Post
    Epoch, Mastery is definitely still the highest, however, many recommendations are that you do not reforge one other stat to mastery. That other stat is either Crit or haste. As a kitty you should always reforge hit or expertise (or in some aberrant gear, dodge) to mastery. The question is on gear which already has mastery, what other stat is the next most valuable.

It seems unless you are already well into Heroics, the answer is crit, so if you already have mastery, reforge hit/exp to that.
    He just said that mew gave him a higher value for haste than crit. This means he should be changing to haste.

@Epoch, for reforging your gear, just do it one piece at a time and then put the values back into Mew. If you get crit and haste to be about even, then you have hit the sweet spot and should get the most dps out of it.