Thread: Holy--

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    4 SSDs in RAID0 and my single SSD just as fast? Something's not right, I actually load Windows faster, not impressed, sorry

@ayako:

http://www.google.com/images?q=glaci...w=1920&bih=979

Thanks, its this one:

Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    My os drive is actually nothing but caviar blacks in raid 0.. ~15 second boot to logon

(not from post, after raid initialization)
    Cav blacks in Raid 0 is still pretty damn nice, and hella cost effective. Also, ayako, that video you posted made me smile.

Cav blacks in Raid 0 is still pretty damn nice, and hella cost effective. Also, ayako, that video you posted made me smile.
    I used to run 2 raptors, then I got one for storage and found it much... quieter.

Raptor: CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK
    Cav Black: Dif dif dif dif

Speaking of hard drives and sound...

No it doesn't. It's still only 1200W. The Dual PSUs is not for more connectors, but to split the power usage so as not to overwhelm a single 15AM circuit at max possible load.

EDIT: In response to Kellytm3

I used to run 2 raptors, then I got one for storage and found it much... quieter.

Raptor: CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK
    Cav Black: Dif dif dif dif

Speaking of hard drives and sound...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaaYscVzlN8
    Have you given the VelociRaptors a go yet? They're a little faster than the old Raptors, but are significantly quieter. I mean, they're still louder than a Caviar black, but they're nowhere near the same level as the old ones.

err that video is epic.
    Last edited by Cantii; 2011-03-23 at 02:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    One monitor...? Really...?
    And only 6G of RAM. I think I just died a little bit.

Yeah I can vouch for that, got some 300/600 Velociraptors. I can hear them spin up, but after that most anything else that makes noise overpowers them.

Have you given the VelociRaptors a go yet? They're a little faster than the old Raptors, but are significantly quieter. I mean, they're still louder than a Caviar black, but they're nowhere near the same level as the old ones.
    No, my last raptors were 74GB ones x 2 in raid 0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    No it doesn't. It's still only 1200W. The Dual PSUs is not for more connectors, but to split the power usage so as not to overwhelm a single 15AM circuit at max possible load.

EDIT: In response to Kellytm3
    Im using it with no problems,no over heating,and Im running 5680's and SLi 480's and a pair of Velociraptors,12 Gbs Corsair and a pair of Blu-Ray drives.
    http://www.evga.com/articles/00564/

Yeah I can vouch for that, got some 300/600 Velociraptors. I can hear them spin up, but after that most anything else that makes noise overpowers them.
    I'm using a 150GB VelociRaptor for games, and I get the same thing. Spin up, then don't even notice their sound unless it gets REALLY quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellytm3 View Post
    Im using it with no problems,no over heating,and Im running 5680's and SLi 480's and a pair of Velociraptors,12 Gbs Corsair and a pair of Blu-Ray drives.
    http://www.evga.com/articles/00564/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEIkmuVvldA
    It's not about overheating.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEIkmuVvldA
    It's not about overheating.
    first off,that setup is 4 480 cards....I run 2,massive power draw difference in the 2 setups.

And I run 2 5970s. Those + 2 X5680s, all overclocked can get pretty close, if not over 1200W by themselves. My Point was that the EVGA PSU doesn't always cut it. It's just an Antec 1200W with added cables as well.

More hard drive shenanigans.

... That was pretty damn cool.

I'm making one of these when I get more spare time

And when I finally get a hard drive to fail

One crap quality 27" monitor with that kind of rig... /fail

Besides, my i7-2600 @ 4,5GHz and a single old ass SSD boots everything just as fast :| Owell, whatever floats your boat. I feel like my rig was already overkill and could've settled with less, but I guess everone wastes their money on what they want to.

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 08:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Random question, is it possible to 3 way crossfire 6990's?
    Random answer: It's pretty pointless, since even 2 has barely any significant performance gain compared to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    One crap quality 27" monitor with that kind of rig... /fail

Besides, my i7-2600 @ 4,5GHz and a single old ass SSD boots everything just as fast :| Owell, whatever floats your boat. I feel like my rig was already overkill and could've settled with less, but I guess everone wastes their money on what they want to.
    That rig was mostly for a demo most likely. Chances are it has a more extensive monitor setup for actualy use.

You can easily get 5.1 on air. My 2600K is running 5.0 24/7 on air.

That rig was mostly for a demo most likely. Chances are it has a more extensive monitor setup for actualy use.

You can easily get 5.1 on air. My 2600K is running 5.0 24/7 on air.
    Yea propably could, the thing is my chip is kinda lazy. After 4.5GHz it wants insane volts, I rather keep it at 4.5 for every day use and keep my volts and temps down. Personally I prefer having less fans and silent computer over having to pump up the cooling to get the extra 500 MHz

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    Yea propably could, the thing is my chip is kinda lazy. After 4.5GHz it wants insane volts, I rather keep it at 4.5 for every day use and keep my volts and temps down. Personally I prefer having less fans and silent computer over having to pump up the cooling to get the extra 500 MHz
    I'm getting 5.0 on 1.5

Idle temps are like high ~20s load is upper ~70s

Its not like we don't replace our CPUs every 2 years :P