Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fattykins View Post
    So I have a question also.
    Is 1929 haste a good number to stay at, or should I keep stacking as much haste as possible?
    My by-the-book answer is keep stacking it. My experimental answer is there are fights where it MAY make sense to start stacking Mastery even at the expense of Haste. Fights with multiple targets, significant add phases, and extended Eclipse can all start to weight Mastery higher than Haste past that break point.

My current reforges are weighing Mastery higher than Haste after the 1929 break point but, again, I'm experimenting. Also, if/when you start pushing Sinestra, this experimentation can become even more extreme, pushing Mastery priority even further up and Haste further down to even the 1423 break point (due to the 100% Haste buff on Sin during the only dps phase that really matters).

All of that said, I can't stress enough that this is experimental territory and that the good, safe bet is to continue stacking Haste until it comes out of your ears.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide
    Calculatéd Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lated/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaithoskin View Post
    Oh and, that enchant is also necessary to get me over 1929 haste. Winning...
    reforge it somewhere else then.

You should be taking intellect wherever you can get it. You can always reforge your secondary stats.

Its a mute point now. I got the heroic T11 chest and MH from Cho'gal, so my haste is above 1929 without the enchant.

what is achieved at 1929 haste rating? a 2nd/3rd/4th tick of dots?

im currently at 1919. inputting my char details into wrathcalcs, and changing one brilliant cardinal for a reckless ember topaz in my boots, putting me at 1949 haste (+30 haste, -20 int) results in a dps loss.
    my armory link is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ntiss/advanced

also calculated, there is a typo in your guide.
    Lunar Cleave
    Lunar Cleave is essentially a much watered-down version of Solar Cleave that is used during Lunar Eclipse as we have fewer and also less powerful tools that benefit from the Arcane damage buff that Lunar provides. Similar to Solar Cleave, Lunar Cleave assumes you are in Solar Eclipse and that you extend that Lunar Eclipse for the duration of the AoE cycle.
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2011-03-24 at 07:34 AM.

You also have a typo. It should be Brilliant Inferno, not cardinal =P

And i believe at 1929 you get an extra dot tick yes.

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post

im currently at 1919. inputting my char details into wrathcalcs, and changing one brilliant cardinal for a reckless ember topaz in my boots, putting me at 1949 haste (+30 haste, -20 int) results in a dps loss.
    my armory link is here:

It's the break point for 13th? dot tick with nature's grace active.

Deleted
    This kind of argument makes sense. People say "Your haste is too low" or your "crit is too low" but those stats both scale linearly, just like intellect. Intellect is worth more than haste no matter what levels you are. You could have 0 haste and the int would still be better.

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post

my armory link is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ntiss/advanced

Copy and paste apparently got me on the typo. I had copied that sentence from Solar section and must've missed editing one of the "Solars" -- I'll fix it.

As to your question, if you are at 1919 and changing the gem causes a dps loss, I would check to see if DI is enabled in raid buffs on the Main tab. If DI is set to 1 (default setting), it moves the haste breakpoints about a bit. If you set DI to 0, you should see the Breakpoints section (bottom of that same page) with a +4 ticks (NG): 1929 haste. With the sheet set this way, you will probably see an increase by swapping the gem. On the flip side, if you consistently get DI and have a high uptime, you may consider the DI break points more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    This kind of argument makes sense. People say "Your haste is too low" or your "crit is too low" but those stats both scale linearly, just like intellect. Intellect is worth more than haste no matter what levels you are. You could have 0 haste and the int would still be better.
    Haste does and doesn't scale linearly. Generally it does in between break points but there are significant jumps at break points which is why they are relevant.
    Last edited by Calculated; 2011-03-25 at 02:45 PM.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide
    Calculatéd Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lated/advanced