Maloriak 25 heroic possible bug

Hi looking to see if any of you have happend to tank this fight...we killed it for the first time last reset and last night and both times when we reach the final phase, he casts Magma jets so I move slightly to the side and all works fine. But then there are a few times where he will be locked in position, I move left, then just as his cast finishes he will turn towards me and cast magma jets. I just want to confirm if any of you have had this happen as it's really annoying to get the fight going well then blasting me and anyone near me into the air because he decides to just spin around.

Just to clarify it works most of the time, but some times it will be casting magma jets (animation is him raising his hand in the air) and he is effectively locked in place. I move and it should in theory just blast his magma past me but sometimes it can spin to target me again!

Any information accepted

there is def something going on with those magma jets, we had our tank hit on multiple occasions. from what we've noticed its when the magma jets cast is combined with the nova this happens, but not always.

That would actually answer it ye. Its survivable as a tank (especially as I am a DK) but it got to the point where we wiped due to a really bad jet hitting 2 healers (don't stand that close healers!) and I said that it moves but feel as if people don't believe me

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Always face him to a wall and hitting healers shouldn't be a problem atleast. I remember back to the first kills our tank reported the same ting but it would seem that he figured it out.

I've tanked him a ton. Before Maloriak had an actual cast bar, it was easy to get faked out because he puts his hands out for other abilities too. And you REALLY had to make absolutely sure that he was casting Magma Jets and not the other ability. This simply meant waiting about 1/10th of a second to see if his hands would drop back down or not. It was annoying but doable.

Now that there's a cast bar, the tanking is 10x easier. Because you can just look at his cast bar and not his twitchy hands.

I cant confirm that I've ever seen the bug described. But I think it's quite possible that you're still getting faked out by his animation. He can easily do the animation (but it's not actually Magma Jets) and then immediately follow it up with the real Magma Jets.

My advice would be to stop looking at his animation and start looking at his cast bar instead.

BTW, the only very annoying thing about Maloriak for me is that sometimes he will do two Magma Jets in a row with very little delay in between them. Causing that second Jet to be less ideally placed than I would otherwise want.
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/hermes.aspx

Deleted
    Had some trouble with this in the last few attempt before the kill as well.
    From what I can tell from other forums, apparently they nerfed the cast time of Magma Jets.
    This means that from 1.5 sec it now takes 2 sec for him to cast it, the fixate takes 2 sec as well.
    The reason he will turn to you sometimes, and other times he won't is because there's a slow effect on the boss (possibly Curse of Tongues from a lock who thinks he's helping you) however, this will make him take longer than the 2 sec cast time, for example 2.5 sec.
    This means that by the time he finishes his cast, the fixate timer is over, so he will turn to you, and cast it. Instead of just casting it before turning to you.

I would call this a bug ye, but tbh, all you have to do is tell your raid to make sure there's no slow on the boss.
    After we figured this out it only took 2 tries and we got him

Gl in downing him

Ahh that double cast could be it, Dedi's explanation would fit as I do use the cast bar as the means to move not just the animation (although it helps). We managed to kill him it was just tedious they way it would do it. I will try to account for this fixate from now on! thanks guys n gals!