Page 1 of 46
... LastLast

Most Overrated Video Games

I have recently started playing Uncharted 2 on the PS3 and am extremely disappointed in it. I subscribe to Game Informer and bought the game when they rated it a 10 back in October of 2009. My WoW addiction had this as well as other console games collecting dust on my shelf . GI generally produces good reviews that I agree with. Everything about this game except one feature is great: platforming. I'm stuck in the Heart of Ice chapter because Drake is a moron and the controls for his movement while climbing are clunky. /rant

Anyways, what are some games that were rated high by reviewers or your friends that you were disappointed in or straight up hated?

Here's a little list of mine:

Final Fantasy 13 - stupid, boring, and slow story
    The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena - any game that is based on first-person melee is annoying
    The Sims - everything since the "Hot Date" expansion has sucked. Its bad enough to master my own inner will to do mundane tasks. I don't need a game to simulate this experience. This game's only saving grace for me is the torturing of these little digital turds
    Fable 2 - the ending was horrible. Though it was quite humorous to stop Lucien mid-sentence with a bullet to the dome. It was still a big "WTF" moment. The very definition of anti-climatic

Edit: I beat UC2 last night Still did not like the platforming but everything else made up for it. Great story, characters, and combat. I would still classify it as overrated, though.
    Last edited by llcjay1; 2011-03-24 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Update
    Opulence. I has it.

assassins creed ..all of them..i hated everything about the games

Quote Originally Posted by boobop View Post
    As far as I am concerned this thread is over at the first post. I played each AC game for about 30 mins before I got bored and quit. Absolute rubbish.

Good call sir.

Only one for me was Darksiders, recently bought it on the steam sale rated very highly can see why the game did so well just not for me, not enough to it but thats also what makes it work for some people!

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    As far as I am concerned this thread is over at the first post. I played each AC game for about 30 mins before I got bored and quit. Absolute rubbish.

Good call sir.
    Same with me, there was very little to keep me entertained. The only thing I enjoyed was running around and doing the acrobatics

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Same with me, there was very little to keep me entertained. The only thing I enjoyed was running around and doing the acrobatics
    Which you then got bored of after finishing the first mission and most likely ended up massacring the whole city, am I right?
    Kolopotho: I will find it incredibly shocking and rare if some guy walks up to a girl in a pub and says "i play a level 80 druid in world of warcraft" to which she will respond with "TAKE ME NOW".

Quote Originally Posted by boobop View Post
    I've only played a bit of the first AC, and I don't find it horrible, but the pace is extremely slow. Just getting into the game takes forever, fighting through menus, laying the table, etc. And then you get a mission, there's a 5 min long speech before you can move, which just makes it seem so slow.

Of course, I do play WoW, and I'm at the point with everything I play now where I want to get things done quickly and efficiently.

Counter Strike
    Final Fantasy 7, talk about overrated! :_D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Counter Strike
    Final Fantasy 7, talk about overrated! :_D
    How can I put you on a banlist?

Jesus christ:

- Justin Bieber picture as avatar.
    - Counter Strike calling overrated
    - Final Fantasy calling overrated

This is the worst post ever in history of forums.

# Dragon Age 2
    # Battlefield Series (1942 was great, rest sucked!)
    # Prototype (WORST GAME EVER!)
    # FIFA Soccer (PES > )

Deleted
    Resistance games... god they were boring....
    And how can you say the sims is boring, if u say that you have no creativity, as thats what makes it fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Battlefield series??? really, wow. BF was the best fps series ever, dont give me ur COD bullcrap

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEnergy View Post
    How can I put you on a banlist?

Jesus christ:

- Justin Bieber picture as avatar.
    - Counter Strike calling overrated
    - Final Fantasy calling overrated

This is the worst post ever in history of forums.
    He is either a troll or under 17.

But again I love this thread so much already. AC bad, ff7 godly, cs godly. So much win in this thread.

The Sims

worst game franchise in history. play a game about playing real life

list

1.)anything made by bioware

2.)the far cry/crysis series

3.)any battlefield after the original + expansion.

4.)anything made by bioware.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout: New Vegas.
    I felt the storyline was lacking, and some of the creatures you need Nuclear Weaponry to simply damage.

Bioshock, didnt enjoy it at all. Go ahead, flame away

Quote Originally Posted by Tesk View Post
    Resistance games... god they were boring....
    And how can you say the sims is boring, if u say that you have no creativity, as thats what makes it fun.
    If I can do it in real life, the game is boring. Nearly everything you do in the Sims, you can do in real life. I already go to a job, socialize with friends, decorate/maintain my house, pee, poop, shower, do random activities, etc. Having a game do this stuff for me would mean that I suck at real life. Its a pain in the @$$ to make myself do things that need to get done, I'm not going to play a game and make some idiot who will piss his pants if I don't tell him to use the toilet. Phew, I feel better now.
    Opulence. I has it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Bioshock, didnt enjoy it at all. Go ahead, flame away
    /burns you to death with blowtorch

>:-(

Bioshock kicked ass! And The Sims kicked ass too! It aided my raging God complex. Haters...Gunna...Hate.

Most overrated...

- Mirror's Edge. Honestly, what the fuck? Shitty story, if you could call it that. Ugly ass heroine. Boring gameplay.
    - Spore. A colossal letdown in all areas.
    - Halo series. Do people just like this for the multiplayer or what? The Doom series and the Half-life series beat the ever lovin' shit outta Halo.
    "Work is da poop! NO MORE!" - Disgruntled Dragonmaw Peon

Read Dead Redemption, Dragon Age series, Half Life series.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Go ahead, flame away
    Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by ImNot1337 View Post
    Haters...Gunna...Hate.
    Lovers... gunna... love? WTF!
    Last edited by Korhal; 2011-03-23 at 07:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzmatazz
    This is Razzmatazz from the future *kzzzzzchhh* I don't have much ti*kchhh* breaking up! Note *kzzz* self: don't try to read all *chhhhh* this thread *zzzzzkch*. It will consume approx*kzzzz* 25 years of your life *kzzchchh* You will learn abso*kzzz* nothing, it's not worth *chhhhh* LIVE, RAZZMAT*kzzzz* LIVE AND FORGET ABOUT THE TRANSPARENT HORSE *tchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Entalpia View Post
    Warriors will get Concentration Shout! When he shouts at you, you are more concentrated ! ;p